College Football - 2022

plan9misfit

I’ll start with addressing the bombshell announcement that USC and UCLA are leaving the Pac-12 for the B1G in 2024. This is astronomically good news for the B1G conference and all of college football. Pulling USC into the B1G increases the national television coverage of an historically legendary program, increases the overall revenue for the conference, and will help solidify the B1G as the second best conference in the NCAA. I think it’ll help reshape the overall landscape of college football, and may finally pull Notre Dame into the conference.

• 1 month later...

The Cotton Bowl Stadium should install permanent lights so that the Oklahoma/Texas game can be played at night. With Fox, which televises their biggest games at noon ET, set to lose access to the game by 2025, the stadium should get permanent lights to please ESPN and ABC, which will be the exclusive broadcasters of SEC football beginning in 2024, and not only would an SEC game air at 3:30 ET/2:30 CT each Saturday, I expect a few SEC-controlled games on the Saturday Night Football package on ABC as well.

3 hours ago, pf9 said:

The Cotton Bowl Stadium should install permanent lights so that the Oklahoma/Texas game can be played at night. With Fox, which televises their biggest games at noon ET, set to lose access to the game by 2025, the stadium should get permanent lights to please ESPN and ABC, which will be the exclusive broadcasters of SEC football beginning in 2024, and not only would an SEC game air at 3:30 ET/2:30 CT each Saturday, I expect a few SEC-controlled games on the Saturday Night Football package on ABC as well.

That place is so run down. 

• 2 weeks later...
35 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

@WizardHawk???

I’m totally immune to it at this point. Iowa’s offense has been bad for a decade plus. They can’t recruit a QB. They haven’t developed one. Making a QB change takes nothing less than an act of god.
Brian Ferentz isn’t a good OC. Greg Davis before him wasn’t either. And, Kirk Ferentz, for as much as I love him, is set in ways to a stone cold fault. He isn’t going to change and the way the program does business isn’t either. 

Edit: I forgot to mention Iowa has two, yes TWO, scholarship WRs playing today. TWO. One of which is an All-American pitcher and probably not sticking around. Not great.

Edited by WizardHawk