College Football - 2022

plan9misfit

What a college football weekend. Terrible weekend in general for the B1G, though. Honestly, I don’t know how Scott Frost keeps his job at this point. And, if Kirk Ferentz didn’t have so much equity built up in Iowa, I think he’d be on the hot seat, too. That offense is putrid. And Wisconsin? Losing to Washington State in Camp Randall?? Ouch.

Loved watching Notre Dame and Texas A&M lose to unranked teams. As a Michigan Man, it’s never a bad day when the Irish lose.

USC’s offense is crazy good already (the transfer portal is their best friend right now), and it will only get better under Lincoln Riley. He’s going to turn Caleb Williams into yet another Heisman Trophy winner. That offense is LOADED. 

Texas put up one hell of a fight, but a shanked kick just before halftime and Sark getting way too conservative late cost them what should have been a win. They were much more competitive than I expected. And, I think Quinn Ewers needs to be called The Million Dollar Mullet.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, plan9misfit said:

What a college football weekend. Terrible weekend in general for the B1G, though. Honestly, I don’t know how Scott Frost keeps his job at this point. And, if Kirk Ferentz didn’t have so much equity built up in Iowa, I think he’d be on the hot seat, too. That offense is putrid. And Wisconsin? Losing to Washington State in Camp Randall?? Ouch.

Frost’s buyout decreases significantly come Oct. 1st. Going to take a minor miracle to survive past then imo. 

Iwa is just a grand disappointment. They’re a semi-functional offense away from being a really good team. I hope they don’t let ST coach LeVar Woods get away. He’s going to get a HC gig before long. 

I can see Wisconsin getting impatient with Chryst. They’ve lost quite a few games under him as big favorites.

5 hours ago, plan9misfit said:

Loved watching Notre Dame and Texas A&M lose to unranked teams. As a Michigan Man, it’s never a bad day when the Irish lose.

USC’s offense is crazy good already (the transfer portal is their best friend right now), and it will only get better under Lincoln Riley. He’s going to turn Caleb Williams into yet another Heisman Trophy winner. That offense is LOADED. 

Texas put up one hell of a fight, but a shanked kick just before halftime and Sark getting way too conservative late cost them what should have been a win. They were much more competitive than I expected. And, I think Quinn Ewers needs to be called The Million Dollar Mullet.

It was definitely a great weekend of College Football! Top 25 especially are getting shaken up for sure, esp the top 10. 

Ewers going down in the first quarter really hurt Texas. If he would have came back, that was a different game. And that bad targeting call in the end zone that negated a safety, was a nail in the coffin. Refs bungled that one entirely!! 

Edited by textaz03

3 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

Frost’s buyout decreases significantly come Oct. 1st. Going to take a minor miracle to survive past then imo. 

Iwa is just a grand disappointment. They’re a semi-functional offense away from being a really good team. I hope they don’t let ST coach LeVar Woods get away. He’s going to get a HC gig before long. 

I can see Wisconsin getting impatient with Chryst. They’ve lost quite a few games under him as big favorites.

I’m a big fan of LeVar Woods. I agree that it may not be long until he gets a head coaching job.

• 2 weeks later...