General Talk

DoleINGout

12 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

what do you want to talk about on here?

I just want some Football action, I'm not well-versed enough to converse on an educated level.  Just try and pick up what I can from reading around the boards.

New Corvette was unveiled though... pretty car.

5 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

I'm not a Dodge guy either but Ram is like a segment that only does trucks. I like the trucks at least, but Chevy has a lot of quality vehicles across the board.

Depends on who ya talk to.  I hear positives and negatives across the board about all of them.  I've always been a Chevy guy myself so GMC, Chevy is where I always seem to end up.  The Rams are nicer looking though, I'll give them that.  But the LS engines in the Chevy's have been fantastic.  I have a couple of friends that have taken 5.3l V8's from junkyard trucks with north of 150k on them, setup supercharger or turbos and are making north of 700hp reliably on the stock internals.  The 5.3 in my GMC is around 260k on it and it's leaking oil everywhere but it runs smooth as silk.  I'm not sure where I was going with this, but ended up on a tangent.

5 minutes ago, IheartMyV8 said:

Depends on who ya talk to.  I hear positives and negatives across the board about all of them.  I've always been a Chevy guy myself so GMC, Chevy is where I always seem to end up.  The Rams are nicer looking though, I'll give them that.  But the LS engines in the Chevy's have been fantastic.  I have a couple of friends that have taken 5.3l V8's from junkyard trucks with north of 150k on them, setup supercharger or turbos and are making north of 700hp reliably on the stock internals.  The 5.3 in my GMC is around 260k on it and it's leaking oil everywhere but it runs smooth as silk.  I'm not sure where I was going with this, but ended up on a tangent.

are basically a mechanic?

1 minute ago, DoleINGout said:

are basically a mechanic?

Me?  Nah.  I went to a year of auto trade school in the early 90's and turned wrenches for Midas for a few years after that, but dropped it all and got into computer graphics for a start-up game company in the mid 90's.  Did that for a couple years before the co folded (product was 2-3 years late and outdated by that point) and ended up getting into building PC's which turned into an IT career.  Still do as much of my own repairs / upgrades as I can but no, not a mechanic by profession.

1 minute ago, IheartMyV8 said:

Me?  Nah.  I went to a year of auto trade school in the early 90's and turned wrenches for Midas for a few years after that, but dropped it all and got into computer graphics for a start-up game company in the mid 90's.  Did that for a couple years before the co folded (product was 2-3 years late and outdated by that point) and ended up getting into building PC's which turned into an IT career.  Still do as much of my own repairs / upgrades as I can but no, not a mechanic by profession.

sweet. maybe you can get back into automotive school someday.

so what has been your perspective of the Patriots since the early 90's? I only really watched the Super Bowl and playoff run in '96. I was too young then and had more interest in cartoons and stuff. How is watching football any different now?

Just now, DoleINGout said:

sweet. maybe you can get back into automotive school someday.

so what has been your perspective of the Patriots since the early 90's? I only really watched the Super Bowl and playoff run in '96. I was too young then and had more interest in cartoons and stuff. How is watching football any different now?

I don't know that I'd want to.  I'm going to be 50 next year.  I have basic repairs to do on my Camaro and I do not feel like getting on the garage floor.  lol.  F that.

I never watched football growing up.  I vaguely remember the '85 game with my step dad but I was always tied up in other stuff.  A big breakup of a longer term relationship in '05 got me watching football and NASCAR for some reason.  So my history is pretty limited.  

Just now, IheartMyV8 said:

I don't know that I'd want to.  I'm going to be 50 next year.  I have basic repairs to do on my Camaro and I do not feel like getting on the garage floor.  lol.  F that.

I never watched football growing up.  I vaguely remember the '85 game with my step dad but I was always tied up in other stuff.  A big breakup of a longer term relationship in '05 got me watching football and NASCAR for some reason.  So my history is pretty limited.  

how did you find FF?

Just now, DoleINGout said:

how did you find FF?

Went looking for knowledgeable football peeps / info.  Think I was on some MSN sports board or something like that at some point and it was painful.  Even with my low football IQ I knew it was crap.