General Talk

DoleINGout

"You know why I threw it to you? It's because you actually ran in practice a little bit while everyone else was jogging" 

I hope Mac takes over practice next year.. with that mindset he should be able to elevate the WR corp on his own. If you aren't giving max effort all the time, you aren't getting the ball. 

• 2 weeks later...

The AFC is so incredibly STACKED .. it's insane the amount of offensive firepower 

Makes it hard to think of how to build your team.. do you try to go offense and keep up, or defense to hope to slow down these crazy offenses. Feels lose lose lol 

5 years ago today….

The New England Patriots send a 1st and 3rd round pick(s) to the New Orleans Saints for WR Brandin Cooks and a 4th round pick….

also on this day, acquired DE Kony Ealy from the Carolina Panthers and a 3rd round pick, in exchange for a 2nd round pick

Edited by DaPatsKid98

Christopher Price reiterates that he believes Devin McCourty to be one of his favorite players he’s ever coached.

Who else would you put in the category of Belichick’s favorite players that he has coached ?

Just from what I would personally guess knowing what we know…

Lawrence Taylor. Matthew Slater. James Develin. Steve Neal. Mike Vrabel. Willie McGinest. Ty Law. Randy Moss. LeGarrette Blount. Rodney Harrison. Kevin Faulk. Fred Taylor. Vince Wilfork. Richard Seymour. Devin McCourty. Chad Ochocinco.

And I don’t care what anyone says, Belichick loved Gronkowski and Brady.

(but even more heart eyes for Jimmy Garoppolo if you ask Peter King)

Players he didn’t coach? The list could be very long because he gives out praise like candy on Halloween. 

Trying to compile a list though, and Ed Reed gets the prime spot. Larry Fitzgerald is a top one. Clay Matthews Jr. was one of his favorites. Russell Wilson was gushed about multiple times. Johnny Hekker, and we all know that’s a special one in itself just because he’s a punter. BB compared Bert Jones to John Elway. He ran 20 yards after a game to shake Richard Sherman’s hand.

One would have to assume Jerod Mayo, Troy Brown, Billy Yates & the rest of his former players that became coaches under him are some of the most respected  past guys of his.

Edited by DaPatsKid98
  • Like 1

Caserio couldnt even keep Watson out of the AFC.. the number of incredibly good QB's to go through is insane. 

I'm not sure how you even build this team to be a true title contender, you will need an incredible defense to stop all those QBs but even with an incredible defense you're probably going to need to put up points.. so you're going to need it all. I feel bad for Mac lol 

12 hours ago, Crimmage said:

Caserio couldnt even keep Watson out of the AFC.. the number of incredibly good QB's to go through is insane. 

I'm not sure how you even build this team to be a true title contender, you will need an incredible defense to stop all those QBs but even with an incredible defense you're probably going to need to put up points.. so you're going to need it all. I feel bad for Mac lol 

I wonder of part of Bill's plan is to take this year as a learning and consolidation process, knowing that teams in the conference have gone wild with the expanded cap and arms race, and make 2023 the true go for it year with Mac as a third year pro. 

Clearly he doesn't think this year is worth the cap pushing that everyone else is going for. 

Ninko  comment is dead on with the NFL today. Maybe, BB shocks us all and takes a LB under 250 that runs under 5.00 in the 40!!! 😁🤣

"The game is changing, faster than it's ever been, and it's softer than it's ever been. So you might be able to get away with a lighter linebacker corps and still be able to play good, competitive football."

https://www.espn.com/blog/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4825050/making-sense-of-the-new-england-patriots-quiet-start-to-free-agency

Edited by m haynes

• 2 weeks later...

I find it hard to believe Kraft can be comfortable with this coaching staff

- No OC

- No DC 

- They must have one of the smallest staffs in the NFL 

- No QB coach with a 2nd year QB

The coaching staff has no salary cap.. so I think one of three things is happening: 

- BB doesn't want to work with anyone he doesn't like or already know in the NFL (maybe a little but dont think fully true) 

- Kraft gives BB a set budget and whatever money is left becomes BB's salary lol ( hence why he gets all these coaches paid by other staffs) 

- Kraft doesn't want to spend money 

I have no idea what's going on and I think things could go sideways quickly if Mac ends up having a rough year 2. All of the belief Kraft has in BB could fade quickly if his promising QB falls on his face year 2. 

🤞 for in Bill we trust 🤞

9 hours ago, Crimmage said:

I find it hard to believe Kraft can be comfortable with this coaching staff

- No OC

- No DC 

- They must have one of the smallest staffs in the NFL 

- No QB coach with a 2nd year QB

The coaching staff has no salary cap.. so I think one of three things is happening: 

- BB doesn't want to work with anyone he doesn't like or already know in the NFL (maybe a little but dont think fully true) 

- Kraft gives BB a set budget and whatever money is left becomes BB's salary lol ( hence why he gets all these coaches paid by other staffs) 

- Kraft doesn't want to spend money 

I have no idea what's going on and I think things could go sideways quickly if Mac ends up having a rough year 2. All of the belief Kraft has in BB could fade quickly if his promising QB falls on his face year 2. 

🤞 for in Bill we trust 🤞

I think you are exactly right.