General Talk

DoleINGout

Yup, Its not Tom Brady when it comes to the Pats offense winning !!!!  Well I watched the game last night and Josh McDaniel took a page right out of the Pats offense. Boring, outdated, hot mess.

A total disaster that had a putrid passing game and game plan that ran the ball 27 times!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He lost to the frigging Rams that had Baker Mayfield  at QB right off the street.

It was like watching the current Pats. Check this twitter comment

Mac has no chance, no matter who runs this offensive scheme.  There is no answers unless BB goes outside his family members and circle of friends.  There is only one person that can play in this offense ( he can take table scrap and turn it into a gourmet meal ... Brady and he's not coming through the door !!!!!! Pats winning had nothing to do with game plan it was all THE GOAT BRADY. 

Last night was watching the Pats play in black and silver uniforms!!!!!! What a frigging joke.

Edited by m haynes

“Then I find out that while he was at Chattanooga, coach (Bill) Belichick came down to see one of the players there. And somebody had already said to him, ‘hey, you need to meet this guy, DeMarcus Covington, and see if he’s one of our kind of guys.’ DeMarcus went up and interviewed and the rest is history.”

https://www.masslive.com/patriots/2022/12/meet-patriots-assistant-demarcus-covington-one-of-the-brightest-coaches-in-nfl.html?utm_campaign=masslivesports&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

Strange   Possible connection for drafting him.   I call this BB lazy draft strategy.  Hey my guy says he's good, so that's good enough for me.

Sean McVay Laughs After Patriots Pick Cole Strange, Thought He'd Be There  At 104!

Edited by m haynes

33 minutes ago, ChazStandard said:

Watching Bears-Pats game from 2006 on YouTube, being reminded that before Michel and Harry there was Maroney andJackson.

2 drops from Watson, one should-be TD tipped for an INT, one dropped TD by Jackson, one big drop by Caldwell, one RZ fumble by Maroney.

God 2006 was a frustrating year.

LOL. Watson and Caldwell just both fumbled the ball on the same play.

Edited by ChazStandard

I know we discussed this previously, but it's highly likely that Bill O'Brien was the only option BB wanted last year.. but Bill O'Brien needed to let his contract run out. That's why we ended up with Patricia, because BB didn't want to hire anyone long term. Horrendous plan, we know.. but at this point I'll be happy just knowing Patricia isn't touching the offense anymore. 

Alabama fans hate O'Brien .. but I think it's more that they weren't used to not having the elite of elite WR talent they have had the last 5 years or so. This team he had wasn't nearly as good as Mac or Tua's team. I'm going to need to watch more Alabama in the offseason to see myself. The potential positive I see is that he has spent 2 years in the college game, he has seen new age offenses and can hopefully incorporate some of that into his playbook. The Patriots need an infusion of new ideas. 

I'm fine with O'Brien as the OC... but you still need a QB Coach and OL Coach. Caley's contract also runs out so you may need a TE coach too. I'd honestly tell BB to hire O'Brien and let him assemble his staff and control the offense 100% .. he was already a good offensive minded head coach .. let him control the offense. 

He is a hot head, he and Mac I think would clash well because they are both passionate and they both want to win. Mac yells at Patricia and he gets quiet.. Mac needs a dominant coach to go back at him and they will both be better for it. The only thing that can never happen is giving him front office decisions.. hit hot head nature is what gets him emotional and one angry day he will trade away your best player. We forget that he was actually a good coach until he became the GM and blew it all up. 

28 minutes ago, Crimmage said:

watch more Alabama in the offseason to see myself

great point to see what he uses, concepts. Hope he has something dirrerent being away from the Pats. He had Watson, maybe expand his thinking. Lets hope so.

31 minutes ago, Crimmage said:

I'd honestly tell BB to hire O'Brien and let him assemble his staff and control the offense 100% .. he was already a good offensive minded head coach .. let him control the offense.

This is a must. Kraft should tell him directly just like Groh.

34 minutes ago, Crimmage said:

hit hot head nature is what gets him emotional and one angry day he will trade away your best player.

Yup He should take a calmer approach like I do. 😁🤣

• 3 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, m haynes said:

They stated they are working on extending him.. and haven't said in what capacity. 

From what I am aware of the rule, the previous team gets compensation for another team hiring a minority candidate to their HC / GM position. I would imagine if a team internally promotes the candidate they would also get the compensation but unless Mayo becomes HC/GM they won't get any compensation for promoting him. DC wouldn't be enough... now assistant head coach .. maybe? lol 

23 hours ago, Crimmage said:

They stated they are working on extending him.. and haven't said in what capacity. 

From what I am aware of the rule, the previous team gets compensation for another team hiring a minority candidate to their HC / GM position. I would imagine if a team internally promotes the candidate they would also get the compensation but unless Mayo becomes HC/GM they won't get any compensation for promoting him. DC wouldn't be enough... now assistant head coach .. maybe? lol 

BB   Fire him -------------- than rehire him, we need the pick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 5 weeks later...
17 hours ago, biggie. said:

Ngl, my interest in the NFL dips hard when NE isn't involved. My new philosophy is I'm largely tuned out of the playoffs if we don't make it.

It is amazing the change.  SB party not in my family or circle of friends.  I watched a movie and only looked in here and there.

SB pregame and 1/2 time.  Please

39 minutes ago, m haynes said:

It is amazing the change.  SB party not in my family or circle of friends.  I watched a movie and only looked in here and there.

SB pregame and 1/2 time.  Please

I'll go to a party if I'm invited. You don't pass up free pizza and wings.

• Like 1