General Talk

DoleINGout

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, LD696 said:

https://nflpa.com/new-england-patriots-report-card

At first I thought Patricia's body odour was the reason they place so low, but it turns out training staff is a plus, according to the players. Team facilities and services need a massive overhaul though.

I was surprised we ranked so low for team travel. Maybe that airplane isn’t all that it cracked up to be? Lol

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/20/2023 at 11:16 AM, m haynes said:

Question

When you do a mock on PFF site.  do you have to be register to copy your results.  If, not what are the steps. I have no clue!!

I’d love to find out as well. Lol. Would love to just post a clean snapshot of my draft choices…

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

No, and sadly never will probably, living in Europe. But hope you do get to go and represent us well! Make it loud

Western Europe? Eastern? Southern? Northern? Cant be too specific with rules here just curious the general region and also how long you’ve lived in Europe because I might want to move there eventually. Any real difference to US positive or negative you notice?

14 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

Western Europe? Eastern? Southern? Northern? Cant be too specific with rules here just curious the general region and also how long you’ve lived in Europe because I might want to move there eventually. Any real difference to US positive or negative you notice?

UK, so north west. 

New England is the region most like here, there actually isn’t that much difference. You can tell the original New Englanders were Brits. Similar values, similar politics, similar attitudes to religion, even the towns are the same names haha

Europe is very varied, so it would depend where you want to go. South Europe is poorer, but the weather is amazing as is the food and history. Eastern Europe gets a bad rep, but it’s very clean, safer, cheap, more conservative but that’s because they grew up in the shadow of the Soviet Union. North Europe is cold but they’ve basically achieved society utopia. High tax but with that you get a lot of social cohesion, don’t see any homeless, health care elite, high wages, public transport world class etc. 

I guess the main differences I’ve noticed (I spent my younger years living in US due to dad’s relocation);

- health care costs. It’s insane in the US. Utterly insane. That just isn’t a thing here.

-American outdoors is much better, it’s less crowded and more varied.

- Service is better in the US, but that could be because wages for staff is better in Europe so they don’t need to rely on tips

- more racially homogenous in Europe 

- portion sizes smaller in Europe, but food cost not necessarily smaller (food costs a lot)

- house prices it depends, it’s like the US in UK but it won’t be as high in other places. But your house/property will always be smaller. US simply has more room for bigger houses 

- less of a “driven” attitude for money here. It’s a bit more work-life balance. You don’t get any cred for working late, they just feel sorry for you. There’s a lot more laws/unions to prevent worker overload. You get 25 days vacation as standard, full sick pay (as long as you don’t go over the top), and the work week is a lot shorter in terms of hours. Especially France and Scandinavia. They take their work/life balance seriously. Some places (Spain, Portugal, Italy) even let their staff go home for a 2 hour family meal at lunch - tradition.

I’d visit first if I were you. Happy to help if you ever want 👍

• Like 1

On 4/18/2023 at 3:37 AM, Hunter2_1 said:

UK, so north west. 

New England is the region most like here, there actually isn’t that much difference. You can tell the original New Englanders were Brits. Similar values, similar politics, similar attitudes to religion, even the towns are the same names haha

Europe is very varied, so it would depend where you want to go. South Europe is poorer, but the weather is amazing as is the food and history. Eastern Europe gets a bad rep, but it’s very clean, safer, cheap, more conservative but that’s because they grew up in the shadow of the Soviet Union. North Europe is cold but they’ve basically achieved society utopia. High tax but with that you get a lot of social cohesion, don’t see any homeless, health care elite, high wages, public transport world class etc. 

I guess the main differences I’ve noticed (I spent my younger years living in US due to dad’s relocation);

- health care costs. It’s insane in the US. Utterly insane. That just isn’t a thing here.

-American outdoors is much better, it’s less crowded and more varied.

- Service is better in the US, but that could be because wages for staff is better in Europe so they don’t need to rely on tips

- more racially homogenous in Europe 

- portion sizes smaller in Europe, but food cost not necessarily smaller (food costs a lot)

- house prices it depends, it’s like the US in UK but it won’t be as high in other places. But your house/property will always be smaller. US simply has more room for bigger houses 

- less of a “driven” attitude for money here. It’s a bit more work-life balance. You don’t get any cred for working late, they just feel sorry for you. There’s a lot more laws/unions to prevent worker overload. You get 25 days vacation as standard, full sick pay (as long as you don’t go over the top), and the work week is a lot shorter in terms of hours. Especially France and Scandinavia. They take their work/life balance seriously. Some places (Spain, Portugal, Italy) even let their staff go home for a 2 hour family meal at lunch - tradition.

I’d visit first if I were you. Happy to help if you ever want 👍

I work with a number of Brits and some French and yeah, we joke about our French counterparts just disappearing for weeks on end while I'm giving up over 100 hours of PTO a year because time off for extended periods is almost impossible with my team reduced from 5 to 2 and soon to 1 (me).

• Like 1

15 hours ago, IheartMyV8 said:

I work with a number of Brits and some French and yeah, we joke about our French counterparts just disappearing for weeks on end while I'm giving up over 100 hours of PTO a year because time off for extended periods is almost impossible with my team reduced from 5 to 2 and soon to 1 (me).

Yeah the French won’t compromise. When they’re not taking a break they’re protesting