Baker traded to the panthers

sdrawkcab321

Just now, candyman93 said:

You’re right. I forgot about loopholes like that.

As long as we have money to pay our rookies every year, we’re fine. Everybody important is locked up longterm.

And not like we are going to have to shell out first round money any time soon either.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Ehhhhh

A lot can happen in a year. As Browns fans I hope that’s a lesson we’ve learned.

The only first we might get is a move up from the 2nd round. So like 28th pick at best. We won’t move up high enough for the first round salary to matter. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

We paid $10 million to trade a starting QB for a 5th round pick.  I get we had no leverage and all but the haul seems absurdly bad. 

I’m assuming they did this to do right by the player (other players are watching, not because they’re nice guys) and to just move on.

If they wanted maximum value they could have waited for someone to get hurt.

Then again, maybe there really wasn’t much interest at all and they didn’t think an injury here or there would change that?

2 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I’m assuming they did this to do right by the player (other players are watching, not because they’re nice guys) and to just move on.

If they wanted maximum value they could have waited for someone to get hurt.

Then again, maybe there really wasn’t much interest at all and they didn’t think an injury here or there would change that?

It’s a perfect storm of value, timing, and everyone else having their dude already. For a team like Seattle or Atlanta, you go from tanking and maybe getting Stroud or Young or even that other kid who is an elite prospect to picking in the 9-15 range and limbo land, whereas if they could have dealt him to the Colts or Broncos before they got their guys it may have netted more value.

Rhule and Co are in fighting for their jobs desperation and hoping to get lucky and reclamation project a former #1 pick who has shown some bright spots.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

It’s a perfect storm of value, timing, and everyone else having their dude already. For a team like Seattle or Atlanta, you go from tanking and maybe getting Stroud or Young or even that other kid who is an elite prospect to picking in the 9-15 range and limbo land, whereas if they could have dealt him to the Colts or Broncos before they got their guys it may have netted more value.

Rhule and Co are in fighting for their jobs desperation and hoping to get lucky and reclamation project a former #1 pick who has shown some bright spots.

And let’s be honest, it’s a lot of the league not believing Mayfield is capable of being a viable long term option.  Christ, most of the league must not have much interest in him as a backup tbh.

5 million and a 5th rounder is not a lot for a QB.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Might be misunderstanding the numbers.

This should put us at 48 mil in rollover if we don’t sign anybody. We need it too because we were going to be -31 mil next year.

So unless I’m completely wrong, we’re at +17 mil projected for next year now…?

Well we do still need a backup QB. If we roll with just Dobbs behind Brissett someone should be fired. 

5 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

And let’s be honest, it’s a lot of the league not believing Mayfield is capable of being a viable long term option.  Christ, most of the league must not have much interest in him as a backup tbh.

5 million and a 5th rounder is not a lot for a QB.

I still think Baker is abrasive Jared Goff. An average starting quarterback in the league for 10 years, nothing more, and for most FO today that’s the last thing you want on a terrible roster with a potential stud staring you in the eyes come draft day, even if it means a really bad single year.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Well we do still need a backup QB. If we roll with just Dobbs behind Brissett someone should be fired. 

I’m guessing they’re waiting to see how long Watson is suspended before making any further moves.

Brissett and Dobbs is probably fine for 4 games or whatever.  If it’s a whole season, better start looking elsewhere.

4 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I’m guessing they’re waiting to see how long Watson is suspended before making any further moves.

Brissett and Dobbs is probably fine for 4 games or whatever.  If it’s a whole season, better start looking elsewhere.

I think Brissett is fine as starter or backup if Watson is out all year. Dobbs I wouldn't want being the #1 backup for just a game. He isn't an NFL QB. Well, technically he is but not one we can win with. Still, I'll watch him try his best if he plays this year (I won't watch Watson this year). 

Just glad it's over with.

Will be the most Browns thing ever for Watson to be suspended for a year or more, comes back and isn't the same player. Meanwhile Baker bounces back and ends up being a top QB, starting with him torching us week one.

• Like 4