Browns trade Baker Mayfield to Carolina for conditional 2024 5th

Forge

4 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

To be fair you made most of this up. He wasn't openly critical of Hue (only when he went directly to a divisional rival but he wasn't his coach then), Freddie or Greg Williams. That's all stuff you imagined as far as I can tell. He mentioned one time that he didn't like the play calls in a game under Stefanski and it was true. We almost exclusively passed from empty back formations with two bad tackles last season. Of course that isn't going to go well and he is going to get sacked a lot and take a lot of hits.

There was almost no difference between Freddie Kitchens' 2019 offense and Stefanski's 2021 offense, both terrible. Hooper was bad. Njoku drops a lot and is injured a lot. OBJ dropped everything and rarely made a play. Landry was hurt most of the year and he also drops a lot and signed a tiny contract so the league doesn't give him the respect you do as a player, good leader though.

Chubb is a beast. He should have carried more of the load last year. We got too pass happy with an injured QB, bad tackles and very limited weapons. Stefanski should have been fired had he not just won a playoff game the previous season.

Well see, thats where your wrong. In regards to Hue Jackson and his relationship when he was on the Browns:

"There were just things that happened inside the building that I'm not going to get into detail with," Mayfield said Wednesday. "It's in-house information." 

which you can decide to believe is because 'he took a job with a division rival so quick after leaving the Browns' and definitely, absolutely not because Hue decided to start Tyrod over Baker to begin his final season coaching the Browns all while awkwardly telling Baker in his office that he was going to be the backup on HBO Hard Knocks.....because that's definitely not something Baker Mayfield would hold a grudge about. Absolutely not, not Baker Mayfield.

Now, tell me if this sounds familiar. Bakers comments regarding Kevin Stefanski when things get rough and the team is losing:

"...that’s been the tricky part about this year, has been a lot of internal things,” Mayfield said. “It hasn’t just been the outside noise. I have to be myself and try and do my job 100%. The guys that truly know me understand that. We need to take care of business in the building"

Not only that, but again as I keep referencing, he goes on to criticize Stefanski's play calling to the media in a big loss to the Ravens:

“We did enough to win the game,” Mayfield said during the postgame press conference. “Check that box. We got conservative. We need to put that team away...That's what good teams do. We need to improve on that”

Now, here comes Freddie Kitchens. After a tough loss (again) and the Browns are in a losing streak, Baker Mayfield states postgame “the consistency, the lack of discipline and the accountability on Sundays right now seems to be a problem.” 

Sure seems like those are things your coaching staff instills in their teams and are responsible for....no?

Its not hard to read between the lines with his comments about who and what they are directed at. Also, they always seem to come when the Browns are losing games, almost like deflecting blame in a tongue and cheek way. If this was a QB with a squeaky clean personality like Sam Darnold saying this stuff--it would be easy to look the other way, but this is Baker Mayfield. The guy who kept a list of everyone who doubted him, the guy who chirps to every media member who dare criticize his play to the point he had to do an apology tour on ESPN for it and the guy who openly taunted his former coach on the sidelines mid-game.

I know Baker has said and done a lot of questionable things in the past 4 years that its almost hard to remember and keep track of all of them, but these things did happen and its not a opinion piece.

UnequaledBlackGoldfish-max-1mb.gif

24 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Well see, thats where your wrong. In regards to Hue Jackson and his relationship when he was on the Browns:

"There were just things that happened inside the building that I'm not going to get into detail with," Mayfield said Wednesday. "It's in-house information." 

which you can decide to believe is because 'he took a job with a division rival so quick after leaving the Browns' and definitely, absolutely not because Hue decided to start Tyrod over Baker to begin his final season coaching the Browns all while awkwardly telling Baker in his office that he was going to be the backup on HBO Hard Knocks.....because that's definitely not something Baker Mayfield would hold a grudge about. Absolutely not, not Baker Mayfield.

Now, tell me if this sounds familiar. Bakers comments regarding Kevin Stefanski when things get rough and the team is losing:

"...that’s been the tricky part about this year, has been a lot of internal things,” Mayfield said. “It hasn’t just been the outside noise. I have to be myself and try and do my job 100%. The guys that truly know me understand that. We need to take care of business in the building"

Not only that, but again as I keep referencing, he goes on to criticize Stefanski's play calling to the media in a big loss to the Ravens:

“We did enough to win the game,” Mayfield said during the postgame press conference. “Check that box. We got conservative. We need to put that team away...That's what good teams do. We need to improve on that”

Now, here comes Freddie Kitchens. After a tough loss (again) and the Browns are in a losing streak, Baker Mayfield states postgame “the consistency, the lack of discipline and the accountability on Sundays right now seems to be a problem.” 

Sure seems like those are things your coaching staff instills in their teams and are responsible for....no?

Its not hard to read between the lines with his comments about who and what they are directed at. Also, they always seem to come when the Browns are losing games, almost like deflecting blame in a tongue and cheek way. If this was a QB with a squeaky clean personality like Sam Darnold saying this stuff--it would be easy to look the other way, but this is Baker Mayfield. The guy who kept a list of everyone who doubted him, the guy who chirps to every media member who dare criticize his play to the point he had to do an apology tour on ESPN for it and the guy who openly taunted his former coach on the sidelines mid-game.

I know Baker has said and done a lot of questionable things in the past 4 years that its almost hard to remember and keep track of all of them, but these things did happen and its not a opinion piece.

UnequaledBlackGoldfish-max-1mb.gif

Got it, he didn't actually criticize anyone but he mentioned what the team needed to work on to be better.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Thomas5737 said:

Got it, he didn't actually criticize anyone but he mentioned what the team needed to work on to be better.

It’s very similar to this heinous Belichick quote:

Today, we were just inconsistent in every area…So we’ve got to just do a better job. [We’ll] go back and look at the film, make some some corrections. Obviously New Orleans is a good defense, but we’ve got to move the ball better than we did today. Play better defense, play better in the kicking game.”

Look at him throw all three phases under the bus! Clearly lost the team.

• Like 4

Man is there anyway we can petition Hard Knocks to change the team from the Lions to the Panthers this year???!!

The more I think about it the more I’m intrigued by this Sam Darnold vs Baker Mayfield qb battle. I mean that’s prime time nfl drama if I’ve ever heard of it 😂 

Baker behind the 8 ball learning a new offense 

Sam coming into year 2 with the better O line and Baker on his heels

do they switch up starters every day or by the week?!?!

I’m going to be as much plugged into the panthers as I will the browns almost lol

2 hours ago, brownie man said:

Man is there anyway we can petition Hard Knocks to change the team from the Lions to the Panthers this year???!!

The more I think about it the more I’m intrigued by this Sam Darnold vs Baker Mayfield qb battle. I mean that’s prime time nfl drama if I’ve ever heard of it 😂 

Baker behind the 8 ball learning a new offense 

Sam coming into year 2 with the better O line and Baker on his heels

do they switch up starters every day or by the week?!?!

I’m going to be as much plugged into the panthers as I will the browns almost lol

Nope. Hard Knocks needs to do the Browns this year. You've seen enough Baker. You're cut off.

Edited by NudeTayne

It doesn’t matter who Hard Knocks covers it is all same.  UDFAs getting cut and puff pieces on everyone else.

If Hard Knocks was raw footage it would interesting.  As it is, they sanitize and edit the heck out of it.  

The jumped shark when they largely ignored the Antonio Brown craziness with Raiders in real time.  That was their big moment and Raiders screwed them by not allowing it to be shown.  

• Like 2

14 hours ago, dll2000 said:

It doesn’t matter who Hard Knocks covers it is all same.  UDFAs getting cut and puff pieces on everyone else.

If Hard Knocks was raw footage it would interesting.  As it is, they sanitize and edit the heck out of it.  

The jumped shark when they largely ignored the Antonio Brown craziness with Raiders in real time.  That was their big moment and Raiders screwed them by not allowing it to be shown.  

This. With how much football content we get nowadays in the off season I'm surprised people still care that much about Hard Knocks. You might get one guy who becomes a bit of a meme. But otherwise it's just the same old same old. The teams are never going to let anything detrimental to their image be shown. 

• Like 1