2022 NHL Draft thread

Forge

2 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I've never been a hockey fan. Enjoyed the couple games I went to immensely and just turned on ESPN and the NHL Draft was on.

Why are the fans booing the commissioner? I feel like booing the commissioner of every sport is kinda played out now. Some of them deserve it like Manfred friggin sucks to my understanding from more die hard baseball fans than me. I see mixed reactions to the boos on Twitter. Some are calling the Montreal fans dumb and saying to knock it off and others are championing it. Is he really that bad like Manfred? 

Maybe I'll watch more hockey this year. Ducks have two first rounders and two second rounders, so maybe they'll be solid soon. Not sure how fast rookies make an impact in hockey.

It's not entirely his fault but mostly the lockouts.  Pretty sure he's been the commissioner for 3 of them including the entire season getting cancelled in 04-05.  No Olympics didn't help either. 

• Like 1

Just now, flyers0909 said:

It's not entirely his fault but mostly the lockouts.  Pretty sure he's been the commissioner for 3 of them including the entire season getting cancelled in 04-05.  No Olympics didn't help either. 

Did not realize a whole season of a pro sport had been completely cancelled in somewhat recent history. That is wild.