Week 11 - Rams at Vikings

RamRod

21 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

home game for Minnesota, is that the difference?

Three points for home and you're only a 2.5 point favorite. What's fun is reading all these previews talking about how the Vikings defense is dominating. Yet the Rams and Vikings give up basically the same points year to date. Rams have more sacks and interceptions and QB have a lower rating vs them and no mention is made of us even having a passable defense. I think this is going to be a very good game that will come down to QB execution and how the play callers do. Should be exciting.

12 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

You forgot the part where Jeff Fisher's sinister 7-9 trademark still haunts the Rams even a year after being fired, and the person Goff thought was Cooper Kupp ends up being Andrew Sendejo. ?

Sendejo has a bad hammy. Even if he plays, he has no chance against Kupp.

2 hours ago, jrry32 said:

Sendejo has a bad hammy. Even if he plays, he has no chance against Kupp.

the Jeff Fisher curse will still prevail!

the current offense seems extremely dependent on one player (Gurley) to make things work. He definitely makes Goff's job easier.

but if he were to get hurt, then which playmaker steps up? is it Watkins? why isn't he getting many targets right now?

4 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

the Jeff Fisher curse will still prevail!

the current offense seems extremely dependent on one player (Gurley) to make things work. He definitely makes Goff's job easier.

but if he were to get hurt, then which playmaker steps up? is it Watkins? why isn't he getting many targets right now?

SteelKing, if you think our offense is dependent on one player, you don't get it at all (and I don't mean any offense by that). The passing game operates a lot like NO's. We spread the ball around a lot. The running game goes through Gurley because he's that good. Gurley is healthy, so I'm not really interested in thinking about what would happen in a hypothetical situation if he got hurt. My bet is that Dunbar and Austin would step in, and we'd keep on chucking.(but would see some offensive drop-off because Gurley is great)

This is a balanced offense that doesn't flow through one player. Any great HB is going to make the QB's job easier. That's the value of a dual-threat like Gurley.

26 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

SteelKing, if you think our offense is dependent on one player, you don't get it at all (and I don't mean any offense by that). The passing game operates a lot like NO's. We spread the ball around a lot. The running game goes through Gurley because he's that good. Gurley is healthy, so I'm not really interested in thinking about what would happen in a hypothetical situation if he got hurt. My bet is that Dunbar and Austin would step in, and we'd keep on chucking.(but would see some offensive drop-off because Gurley is great)

This is a balanced offense that doesn't flow through one player. Any great HB is going to make the QB's job easier. That's the value of a dual-threat like Gurley.

that's a good point, and I've only watched like less than a handful of Rams games this year. I guess it's unfair to pin all of the success on one player. Excuse me for that...it's ignorant to make sweeping generalizations like I just did. :$

21 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

that's a good point, and I've only watched like less than a handful of Rams games this year. I guess it's unfair to pin all of the success on one player. Excuse me for that...it's ignorant to make sweeping generalizations like I just did. :$

And it's an understandable belief to hold because of his numbers. He's an integral part of the scheme. But McVay is such a wizard. Over the past three games, we pulled Gurley, stopped throwing the ball, and were still moving the ball at will. Obviously, those were sucky teams, but this is an offense with a lot of talent on it.

When Zimmer was 30, he was defensive backs coach at Weber State in 1986 and eight years away from entering the NFL as a Dallas assistant. Zimmer was asked about McVay already being an NFL head coach at that age, “I was trying to figure out where to eat at 30, probably,’’ Zimmer said.

http://www.twincities.com/2017/11/15/vikings-everson-griffen-vows-to-return-andrew-sendejo-misses-practice/

Archived