The Good and the Bad.. What will you remember Baker Mayfield for most?

brownie man

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/6/2022 at 4:02 PM, Kiwibrown said:

Fundamentally flawed QB, buoyed by moxie and arm talent. Great arm, great accuracy, great attitude at times, tough. Cant handle pressure, can't navigate the pocket, lacks commitment to for someone with the flaws he has. If he had another 2 inches of height for a higher point of delivery and better ability to see over the line I think we are talking about a different player. 

He arrived into NFL stardom before he got through wins. 

could have been great but made other choices. 

0 wins to 13

Let's see how many wins Deshaun gets.

He joined the worst franchise in American sports, coming off two seasons where we lost on purpose. We passed on Watson and Mahommes in the draft because they weren't good enough and went 0-16 to get Baker. 

In his 4 years here he had 4 different OCs and 4 different HCs, none of them good, two of them complete disasters. He never had a good defense. 

Despite the bad luck and the Browns doing everything in their power to Browns it up, he mostly succeeded. He has the 2 best seasons by a Browns QB since the return, far and away. His other 2 seasons were the Freddie year and the year he shouldn't have been playing because he was clearly injured.

The only years of my life that I've ever had fun watching the Browns were his rookie year and his third season and it was almost entirely because of Baker. 

I feel bad because I think theres a lot of talent there but Bakers not someone who has the personality to work through a bad situation and he made it worse. I wish things went better but think the Browns are and always will be a toxic wasteland of a franchise and think he did his best and wish him well. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, roger murdock said:

He joined the worst franchise in American sports, coming off two seasons where we lost on purpose. We passed on Watson and Mahommes in the draft because they weren't good enough and went 0-16 to get Baker. 

In his 4 years here he had 4 different OCs and 4 different HCs, none of them good, two of them complete disasters. He never had a good defense. 

Despite the bad luck and the Browns doing everything in their power to Browns it up, he mostly succeeded. He has the 2 best seasons by a Browns QB since the return, far and away. His other 2 seasons were the Freddie year and the year he shouldn't have been playing because he was clearly injured.

The only years of my life that I've ever had fun watching the Browns were his rookie year and his third season and it was almost entirely because of Baker. 

I feel bad because I think theres a lot of talent there but Bakers not someone who has the personality to work through a bad situation and he made it worse. I wish things went better but think the Browns are and always will be a toxic wasteland of a franchise and think he did his best and wish him well. 

Do you rememeber back in 18' where there was legit discussion that Josh Allen should go #1 because of his 'tools'. I wass the biggest hater ever, for some reason he reminded me of all of the other previous QB busts we have taken like Kizer, Weeden, ect. In fact, I have tweeted twice in the past 5 years. One of those tweets was draft day in 2018 that said 'Anybody but Josh Allen'

I have never been more wrong about a prospect in my entire life.

Not saying if the Browns drafted him that it would all play out the same as it is today, because lord knows the Browns HC staff would have ruined him--but man.....man. MAN.

The amount of stud QBs the Browns have passed on in the past decade is crazy. Not just Josh Allen, but Deshaun Watson, Lamar Jackson, Pat Mahommes, Carson Wentz, Derrick Carr, ect and the list goes on.

Edited by AkronsWitness
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Do you rememeber back in 18' where there was legit discussion that Josh Allen should go #1 because of his 'tools'. I wass the biggest hater ever, for some reason he reminded me of all of the other previous QB busts we have taken like Kizer, Weeden, ect. In fact, I have tweeted twice in the past 5 years. One of those tweets was draft day in 2018 that said 'Anybody but Josh Allen'

I have never been more wrong about a prospect in my entire life.

Not saying if the Browns drafted him that it would all play out the same as it is today, because lord knows the Browns HC staff would have ruined him--but man.....man. MAN.

I liked Josh Allen but thought it was crazy for teams like Browns or Bills to take him because he needed stability and coaching. I loved Mayfield and Darnold, liked Allen and Jackson, and hated Rosen. 

1 minute ago, roger murdock said:

I liked Josh Allen but thought it was crazy for teams like Browns or Bills to take him because he needed stability and coaching. I loved Mayfield and Darnold, liked Allen and Jackson, and hated Rosen. 

Oof I was wrong on Rosen too lol I think I had it: Darnold, Mayfield, Rosen, Allen, Jackson.

ayy

water-skiing-alan-jackson.gif