Which QB throws the most TD's this season?

Jeezla

QB that leads the NFL is Passing TD's this season will be:  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Choose 1

• Josh Allen
    • Tom Brady
    • Joe Burrow
    • Derek Carr
    • Kirk Cousins
    • Justin Herbert
    • Patrick Mahomes
    • Kyler Murray
    • Dak Prescott
    • Aaron Rogers
    • Matt Stafford
    • Russell Wilson
    • Justin Fields
    • Some other QB that definitely won't lead the league in passing TD's, but I like to pretend he will

I vote for Joey B

Best WR duo. Should have improved OL, although it could take time to gel. Good receiving RB. Bengals defense isn't that good, imo, so should get in some shoot outs.
I'll say Joe leads the field with 45 tuds.

On 7/7/2022 at 3:06 PM, Jeezla said:

Which QB will lead the league in passing TD's this coming season?

Not that I think Lamar is going to lead the league in passing TDs, but the last time he’s had a good OL, he led the league in passing TDs. In 2020 he tied for 12th.

So to not be listed within a crop of 13 names seems a little unfair. I can understand if this was a list of “most passing yards in the season” but since his second season in the league, Lamar has averaged 1.86 TDs/game, which would factor out to ~31/32 TDs.

So with an improved OL and similar to better weapons than 2019, I think 35-40 TDs are very possible on the high end, which I feel would put him in the running.
—————

In terms of who I feel leads the league in pass TDs, I will go with Patrick Mahomes. He’s got a quality OL, he’s elite, and I think he’s going to be particularly hungry to dominate given some of the comments made by Hill this offseason.

I think it will be Burrow in 2023, but I expect some regression this year with a tough pass defense schedule and slight super bowl hangover. 

Allen will never lead the league in passing TD due to rushing. 

Mahomes lost Hill. 

Carr’s numbers will increase but he’ll never be a high 30’s TD guy. 

My vote is Russell Wilson. I think he is going to go bananas on that Denver Offense. First time he’ll be in a complex scheme. Arguably best RB “duo” in the league. Sutton has potential to finish as a Top 5 WR. Jeudy could finish Top 15. If Jeudy busts, Patrick and Hamler could finish as Top 30 WR’s. The floor for this offense is about the usual Russell Wilson numbers, but the ceiling is sky high. Wilson also has the third easiest pass defensive schedule behind only Trevor Lawrence and Daniel Jones. 

Edited by BayRaider

On 7/10/2022 at 5:02 PM, diamondbull424 said:

Not that I think Lamar is going to lead the league in passing TDs, but the last time he’s had a good OL, he led the league in passing TDs. In 2020 he tied for 12th.

So to not be listed within a crop of 13 names seems a little unfair. I can understand if this was a list of “most passing yards in the season” but since his second season in the league, Lamar has averaged 1.86 TDs/game, which would factor out to ~31/32 TDs.

So with an improved OL and similar to better weapons than 2019, I think 35-40 TDs are very possible on the high end, which I feel would put him in the running.
—————

In terms of who I feel leads the league in pass TDs, I will go with Patrick Mahomes. He’s got a quality OL, he’s elite, and I think he’s going to be particularly hungry to dominate given some of the comments made by Hill this offseason.

Mayfield has more career passing TDs, point being it isn't realistic for either of them to lead the league so there shouldn't be a huge complaint.

Sure, Fields shouldn't be on the list either but I think it's just for fun.

If Raven fans aren't voting for their guy no one else would either. No one is voting Mayfield or Watson or anyone else not on the list.

4 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

Mayfield has more career passing TDs, point being it isn't realistic for either of them to lead the league so there shouldn't be a huge complaint.

Sure, Fields shouldn't be on the list either but I think it's just for fun.

If Raven fans aren't voting for their guy no one else would either. No one is voting Mayfield or Watson or anyone else not on the list.

This is disingenuous.

Baker Mayfield has started 59 games for 92 passing TDs, while Lamar has started 49 games for 84 passing TDs. 10 games is a big discrepancy to be throwing out bulk stats with no context.

Which broken down is 1.56/game for Baker and 1.71/game for Lamar. Baker hasn’t cracked 30 passing TDs in a season, which is typically around where you would need to finish to be in contention for a top 10 spot.

Lamar has led the league in this stat just 3 seasons ago and since his rookie season has actually averaged 1.86/game. Whereas Baker even if I remove last season from the equation due to playing injured, he’s at 1.67/game.

So the Baker comparison just makes no sense given the context. You say he’s got no chance, but this is the same thing that was said when I predicted that Lamar would be in contention for MVP in 2019, pretty sure you were in that thread saying there was no shot that such would happen.

Just because I’m not going complete homer and picking him to win over Mahomes, who I think hits 40+ passing TDs, doesn’t mean I don’t believe Lamar doesn’t have a very good chance to lead the league. I think he finishes top 5 personally. But even if he doesn’t, I’d be willing to bet that he finishes closer to 5 than he finishes closer to 14/15.

8 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

This is disingenuous.

Baker Mayfield has started 59 games for 92 passing TDs, while Lamar has started 49 games for 84 passing TDs. 10 games is a big discrepancy to be throwing out bulk stats with no context.

Which broken down is 1.56/game for Baker and 1.71/game for Lamar. Baker hasn’t cracked 30 passing TDs in a season, which is typically around where you would need to finish to be in contention for a top 10 spot.

Lamar has led the league in this stat just 3 seasons ago and since his rookie season has actually averaged 1.86/game. Whereas Baker even if I remove last season from the equation due to playing injured, he’s at 1.67/game.

So the Baker comparison just makes no sense given the context. You say he’s got no chance, but this is the same thing that was said when I predicted that Lamar would be in contention for MVP in 2019, pretty sure you were in that thread saying there was no shot that such would happen.

Just because I’m not going complete homer and picking him to win over Mahomes, who I think hits 40+ passing TDs, doesn’t mean I don’t believe Lamar doesn’t have a very good chance to lead the league. I think he finishes top 5 personally. But even if he doesn’t, I’d be willing to bet that he finishes closer to 5 than he finishes closer to 14/15.

Tom Brady had more TD passes last year than Lamar has had in the last two seasons combined.

Sure, there is a remote chance Lamar wins the passing TD title but then you have to enter all of the remote chances. If you're talking passing and rushing TDs combined Lamar should be included. But in this one Lamar would get no votes so I see no reason to complain he wasn't mentioned.

2 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

Tom Brady had more TD passes last year than Lamar has had in the last two seasons combined.

Sure, there is a remote chance Lamar wins the passing TD title but then you have to enter all of the remote chances. If you're talking passing and rushing TDs combined Lamar should be included. But in this one Lamar would get no votes so I see no reason to complain he wasn't mentioned.

Maybe because my comment that you responded to stated that in such a large field, it’s nonsense for Lamar to not be listed.

Also since we’re listing superfluous info… in 2019 Lamar had more passing TD than Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, Patrick Mahomes, Josh Allen, and Russell Wilson.

You’re saying remote chance as if guys who have not even hit Lamar’s seasonal best in passing TDs, but are listed such as Burrow, Cousins, Carr, and Murray, have somehow a greater or much greater chance. That’s nonsense.

If the field was only 5 names long, than maybe I could nearly see that, but it’s nearly triple that. But hey, Lamar has always performed best when Browns fans make foolish assumptions about his limitations on the season… so as you were.

1 hour ago, diamondbull424 said:

Maybe because my comment that you responded to stated that in such a large field, it’s nonsense for Lamar to not be listed.

Also since we’re listing superfluous info… in 2019 Lamar had more passing TD than Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, Patrick Mahomes, Josh Allen, and Russell Wilson.

You’re saying remote chance as if guys who have not even hit Lamar’s seasonal best in passing TDs, but are listed such as Burrow, Cousins, Carr, and Murray, have somehow a greater or much greater chance. That’s nonsense.

If the field was only 5 names long, than maybe I could nearly see that, but it’s nearly triple that. But hey, Lamar has always performed best when Browns fans make foolish assumptions about his limitations on the season… so as you were.

You can take it as an insult if you want, I'm sure it will make Lamar play better if I say something about him... yeah that makes sense.

I'm not putting him down, it's just not realistic that he leads the league in passing TDs so I don't get the whining hey look at me stuff. Write him in as a candidate if you think he will lead the league. That's fine but if you don't why not wait for someone who actually thinks he will to lead the charge to have his name added.

4 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

You can take it as an insult if you want, I'm sure it will make Lamar play better if I say something about him... yeah that makes sense.

I'm not putting him down, it's just not realistic that he leads the league in passing TDs so I don't get the whining hey look at me stuff. Write him in as a candidate if you think he will lead the league. That's fine but if you don't why not wait for someone who actually thinks he will to lead the charge to have his name added.

Yeah and I’m sure it similarly makes sense to list 13 names ahead of Lamar.

Or that it similarly makes sense that Baker Mayfield competing for a QB spot is comparable to Lamar’s case.

Or as much sense as you saying it’s not realistic for Lamar with an improved OL to lead the league in passing TDs when the last time he’s had a good OL he did just that.

He’s done it 1/4 years and is still in his prime, that statistically sounds like a very “realistic” outcome, so your logic is clearly flawed.

So let’s not act as though you’re defending a valiant position or take. You wanted to be the edgy Browns troll by comparing Baker to Lamar and didn’t realize how stupid your point was and now feel the need to retreat to the “I’m just the messenger of what’s real” position. Cool story, bro.

If you want to provide an actual argument as to what makes 13 names realistically higher than Lamar’s I’d certainly be willing to entertain such a debate. Otherwise you’re just trolling and nothing more.

• Like 1