Ravens re-sign OLB Justin Houston

AFlaccoSeagulls

Actually played a lot better than his 4.5 sacks would indicate, felt like he was always pressuring the passer whenever he was in.

This was a necessity with Bowser and Ojabo coming off of achilles injuries and the tragic death of Jaylon Ferguson. 

Starting OLBs early part of the season will most likely be Oweh and Houston with Daelin Hayes rotating in for each here and there

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Soggust said:

One of, if not the most, underrated players of our generation.

All he does is produce (sans maybe last year).

I would say that he produced reasonably well last year.  He had 11 fewer tackles than his average season, and still had 4.5 sacks.  He played on 61% of defensive snaps last season.  Despite being a "starter" for 15 games, that is hovering in the range of snaps that your third rusher plays.  He isn't the force that he was with the Chiefs anymore.  Getting the third rusher for 2 million and change last season was a good deal.  

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I would say that he produced reasonably well last year.  He had 11 fewer tackles than his average season, and still had 4.5 sacks.  He played on 61% of defensive snaps last season.  Despite being a "starter" for 15 games, that is hovering in the range of snaps that your third rusher plays.  He isn't the force that he was with the Chiefs anymore.  Getting the third rusher for 2 million and change last season was a good deal.  

Yeah, I think 4.5 sacks in year 11 being a 'disappointing' season tells you all you need to know. 

Beast.

6 hours ago, Soggust said:

Yeah, I think 4.5 sacks in year 11 being a 'disappointing' season tells you all you need to know. 

Beast.

And honestly his pressure was the best on the team. He led the team with QB hits and it just felt like every time he was in on a 3rd down he was beating his man and speeding up the QB’s clock and forcing a hurried or panicked pass. Was honestly one of the more impressive “numbers don’t match the impact” seasons i’ve seen in an awful long time on the Ravens

17 hours ago, Ray Reed said:

And honestly his pressure was the best on the team. He led the team with QB hits and it just felt like every time he was in on a 3rd down he was beating his man and speeding up the QB’s clock and forcing a hurried or panicked pass. Was honestly one of the more impressive “numbers don’t match the impact” seasons i’ve seen in an awful long time on the Ravens

This is why I was hoping for a Packers deal to bring him in as a third rusher.  Whitney Mercilus only had 5 tackles and 1 sack last season.  But he had an impact on the defense while he was playing.  Houston would have been an upgrade to that, and still play much less than starter snaps.  

• Like 1