Who’s better at their position?

rocky_rams

I mean I think their are more things for AD to realistically be better at within his position group and due to the heavier burden of physicality and importance, he’s realistically the answer.

However taken at a historical outlook, I think a fair argument that says Tucker is historically better is at least sensible.

Tucker has shown tremendous volume with ~32 made FGs/year, distance (NFL record by 2 yards), accuracy (most accurate in NFL history with most challengers seeming to fall off after 3-5 years), clutch (game winning field goal to cap off the Mile High Miracle game… amongst other notable moments), and now we’re moving into longevity (10th season he kicked nearly 95% and broke the distance record).

This isn’t to denounce AD obviously because he performs at the more grueling position and realistically its impossible to vote against the more field impactful talent. However “better” at their position has both as the best in the league and thus historical comparisons become relevant as to where they rank amongst their position group in the pantheon and as of right now, AD is not the GOAT of his position group whereas Tucker is currently on pace to be his position’s GOAT.

Though as both are still playing and building their legacies, there’s no way to say AD doesn’t go down as the GOAT or that Tucker doesn’t fall off a cliff or something.

• Like 1

Impossible to answer 

Tucker misses how many kicks a season? Very little. He has a simple role but he nails it every time

How many times is Donald ineffective on a snap by snap basis? Quite a lot id say. 30% he isn’t making an impact? But 70% making an impact is frighteningly good for a DL. And obviously he’s got a far more complex role. 

I’d say Tucker but obviously would rather have AD on my team 

• Like 1