Xenos

Philip Rivers enters Concussion protocol

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/21404686

Not sure when it happened. It could have been the helmet to helmet tackle after the interception in OT. Or it could have been as early as this hit. 

https://twitter.com/youatrip/status/930126598522785792

Part of me just wants them to shut him down for the year and trade him to a contender next year. He deserves better. Plus, the whole idea of blowing things up is suddenly appealing to me.

Edited by Xenos

50 minutes ago, kyle21121 said:

If Kellen Clemens has to play can we just forfeit the game?

Heck no. I want to see a game where a team runs the football almost 70 times. I think that would be neat. 

56 minutes ago, kyle21121 said:

If Kellen Clemens has to play can we just forfeit the game?

He's really still in the league? no fooling?

27 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Cardale plz.

That or bring Billy Volek back out of retirement are both things I'd rather see. 

8 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

How is Tomlinson's arm doing these days?

That's also an interesting call. I wouldn't mind him being brought in to be the emergency QB whilst wearing his HOF jacket on the sideline. 

I have no clue why Rivers is still playing. He's taking a beating, he's not even in the city he spent his career in, his team isn't even relevant in the city he's in, the Chargers are not going to be competitive until after he hangs it up.... 

He either loves the hell out of the game or the paycheck, because I can't imagine anything about this situation is fun for him.

22 minutes ago, lancerman said:

I have no clue why Rivers is still playing. He's taking a beating, he's not even in the city he spent his career in, his team isn't even relevant in the city he's in, the Chargers are not going to be competitive until after he hangs it up.... 

He either loves the hell out of the game or the paycheck, because I can't imagine anything about this situation is fun for him.

If you havent been watching the past few years, Rivers has a crack-like addiction to pain. He'd be the most legit crash test dummy

2 hours ago, Forge said:

Heck no. I want to see a game where a team runs the football almost 70 times. I think that would be neat. 

I can see it now... 70 rushes for 23 yards and 3 fumbles.

7 hours ago, Xenos said:

Part of me just wants them to shut him down for the year and trade him to a contender next year. He deserves better. Plus, the whole idea of blowing things up is suddenly appealing to me

That's the right course of action IMO. The marriage seems to have outlived it's purpose.

I think its time for rivers to move on..I think he's still good enough to help a team  compete for a SB.. someone like Jacksonville or Denver