Best/Deepest Offensive Line in the NFL?

Ozzy

Best/Deepest Offensive Line in the NFL  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Best/Deepest Offensive Line in the NFL?

• Green Bay
    • Philadelphia
    • Tampa Bay
    • Buffalo
    • New Orleans
    • San Francisco
    • Cleveland
    • Kansas City
    • Detroit
    • Dallas

Here are the choices as far as I can tell, hard to rank though but I tried to combine youth, experience, potential and overall depth to factor into it all.

Green Bay and the Eagles are right up there with anyone.  Both have insane depth but I have to go with the Eagles overall, they have a guy like Dillard just sitting on the bench which is insane and shows the depth and have top of the line talent.  Green Bay has great youth and depth with Rhyan who could be a very good player and Tom and even Hanson at center and Walker/Nijman/Van Lanen/Jones one of them will turn out to be a solid tackle in the future.    Kansas City is as good as any with great depth but they have to figure out that RT spot but the rest is pretty damn solid, could say that interior three is the best in the NFL.    Tampa Bay has as good of a 5 as any if Stinnie can be a solid guard, but they do not have great depth.  Saints could be the sleeper OL in the NFL, if Penning turns out that group could be outstanding, but again the depth not as strong.  Buffalo is very strong as well with Spencer Brown who could be great and Doyle in development and even a guy like Ford on the bench.  Cleveland is great as well if they can stay healthy which is a question, be interesting how Harris is at center for them and if those tackles can get back to noraml.  Then the 49ers are very solid, not a lot of big names outside of Wililams but they play well, do need to figure out that center spot but they seem to develop guys really well.  Dallas could be something but again has injury issues and who knows about Tyler Smith at OG, if he hits they could be great and RT is still a pretty big question mark.  The Colts are very solid on the inside but that LT spot is a massive question, maybe Raimann can do it but who knows and they have to stay healthy as well, the loss of Glowinski and Fisher might be too much but will see.   Detroit could be very good also but can Ragnow stay healthy and how good are those two guards, the tackles seems solid but just missed the top 10, same with Denver they have outstanding depth just depends on how elite the starters become, they have a few who could be very good in Meinerz and Risner and Bolles is already very good.

Philadelphia Eagles

LT 68 Mailata, Jordan 18/7 77 Dillard, Andre 19/1 64 Toth, Brett CF19        
LG 69 Dickerson, Landon 21/2 78 Opeta, Sua CF19 61 Sills, Josh CF22        
C 62 KELCE, JASON 11/6 51 Jurgens, Cam 22/2            
RG 56 Seumalo, Isaac 16/3 76 Anderson, Jack 21/7 72 Awosika, Kayode CF21        
RT 65 JOHNSON, LANE 13/1 63 Driscoll, Jack 20/4 74 Clark, Le'Raven U/Ind    

Green Bay Packers

LT 69 BAKHTIARI, DAVID 13/4 73 Nijman, Yosh CF19 63 Walker, Rasheed 22/7        
LG 76 Runyan, Jon 20/6 75 Rhyan, Sean 22/3            
C 71 Myers, Josh 21/2 67 Hanson, Jake 20/6 65 Menet, Michal SF21        
RG 70 Newman, Royce 21/4 50 Tom, Zach 22/4 77 Moore, George CF22        
RT 74 Jenkins, Elgton 19/2 78 Van Lanen, Cole 21/6 72 Jones, Caleb CF22  

Kansas City Chiefs

LT 57 Brown, Orlando FP 74 Christian, Geron U/Hou 70 Wanogho, Prince Tega SF21        
LG 62 Thuney, Joe U/NE 73 Allegretti, Nick 19/7 66 Caliendo, Mike CF22        
C 52 Humphrey, Creed 21/2 61 REITER, AUSTIN SF22            
RG 65 Smith, Trey 21/6 69 Glaser, Chris CF22 76 Gurman, Vitaliy CF22        
RT 77 Wylie, Andrew SF17 67 Niang, Lucas 20/3 75 Kinnard, Darian 22/5    

Tampa Bay Buccaneers

LT 76 Smith, Donovan 15/2 74 Johnson, Fred SF22 73 Walton, Brandon W/Pit        
LG 64 Stinnie, Aaron W/Ten 67 Goedeke, Luke 22/2 61 Hutcherson, Sadarius CF21        
C 66 JENSEN, RYAN U/Bal 70 Hainsey, Robert 21/3            
RG 69 Mason, Shaq T/NE 60 Leverett, Nick CF20 75 Molchon, John CF20        
RT 78 Wirfs, Tristan 20/1 72 WELLS, JOSH SF19 68 Hubbard, Jonathan SF21

New Orleans Saints

LT 70 Penning, Trevor 22/1 74 HURST, JAMES CC/Bal 73 Greenidge, Ethan CF19        
LG 75 Peat, Andrus 15/1 77 Lamp, Forrest SF21 68 ANDREWS, JOSH U/Atl        
C 78 McCoy, Erik 19/2 51 Ruiz, Cesar 20/1            
RG 51 Ruiz, Cesar 20/1 76 Throckmorton, Calvin CF20 66 Kidd, Lewis CF22        
RT 71 Ramczyk, Ryan 17/1 67 Young, Landon 21/6 63 Hawkins, Jerald SF21    

Cleveland Browns

LT 71 Wills Jr., Jedrick 20/1 74 HUBBARD, CHRIS U/Pit 70 Taylor, Alex CF20        
LG 75 BITONIO, JOEL 14/2 68 Dunn, Michael SF20 72 Froholdt, Hjalte P/Hou        
C 53 Harris, Nick 20/5 55 Pocic, Ethan U/Sea 57 Hoffman, Brock CF22        
RG 77 Teller, Wyatt T/Buf 62 Hance, Blake P/NYJ 52 Deaton, Dawson 22/7        
RT 78 Conklin, Jack U/Ten 66 Hudson III, James 21/4 65 Nkansah, Elijah SF19    

Buffalo Bills

LT 73 Dawkins, Dion 17/2 72 Doyle, Tommy 21/5 67 Tenuta, Luke 22/6        
LG 76 SAFFOLD, RODGER U/Ten 65 Boettger, Ike CF18 66 Capra, Jacob SF21        
C 60 MORSE, MITCH U/KC 62 MANCZ, GREG U/Mia            
RG 71 Bates, Ryan T/Phi 74 Ford, Cody 19/2 00 VAN ROTEN, GREG CC/NYJ        
RT 79 Brown, Spencer 21/3 77 QUESSENBERRY, DAVID U/Ten 68 Hart, Bobby P/Ten

San Francisco 49ers

LT 71 WILLIAMS, TRENT T/Was 68 McKivitz, Colton 20/5 78 Schlueter, Sam CF22        
LG 65 Banks, Aaron 21/2 74 Burford, Spencer 22/4 62 Poe, Jason CF22        
C 64 Brendel, Jake SF20 60 Brunskill, Daniel SF19 61 West, Dohnovan CF22        
RG 60 Brunskill, Daniel SF19 76 Moore, Jaylon 21/5 66 Sutherland, Keaton SF22        
RT 69 McGlinchey, Mike 18/1 63 Zakelj, Nick 22/6 67 Skule, Justin 19/6    

Dallas Cowboys

LT 77 SMITH, TYRON 11/1 71 Waletzko, Matt 22/5 76 Collins, Aviante SF21        
LG 73 Smith, Tyler 22/1 62 Jones, Braylon CF21            
C 63 Biadasz, Tyler 20/4 68 Farniok, Matt 21/7 65 Lindstrom, Alec CF22        
RG 70 MARTIN, ZACK 14/1 66 McGovern, Connor 19/3            
RT 78 Steele, Terence CF20 75 Ball, Josh 21/4 60 Alarcon, Isaac SF20/EX  

Indianapolis Colts

LT 69 Pryor, Matt T/Phi 79 Raimann, Bernhard 22/3 74 Van Demark, Ryan CF22        
LG 56 Nelson, Quenton 18/1 76 Spriggs, Jason U/Atl 60 Seltzner, Josh CF22        
C 78 Kelly, Ryan 16/1 62 French, Wesley CF22            
RG 63 Pinter, Danny 20/5 75 Fries, Will 21/7            
RT 72 Smith, Braden 18/2 73 KELLY, DENNIS U/GB 66 Kemp, Brandon SF22    

Edited by Ozzy

1 hour ago, Jeezla said:

Philly, although KC just needs to find a good RT to catch up

Agreed, if Niang, Prince or Kinnard can take that RT spot they could be great, even Wylie is ok but he is more of a OG I think.  They do have great depth with Allegretti as a backup and did they bring back Austin Reiter then I see also.  The Eagles have tons of depth as well and Jurgens could be the future at center once Kelce retires, and helps they have arguably the best OL coach in the NFL but Andy Reid is right there with them KC always develops good OL as well recently, not sure how much is Andy Heck and how much is Andy Reid though.

Green Bay has a lot of young guys I like, Walker has potential and so does Jones and Van Lanen.  Hanson I liked at center and Myers I liked at center last year and was a steal where they got him.  Nijman is a good athlete, Rhyan could be a great OG or even RT.  Zach Tom seems very promising and could be a starter soon and Newman I liked out of Ole Miss.  Runyan was a steal also, but will matter if Bakhtiari and Jenkins can stay healthy and I feel Jenkins is a better OG than RT but he is the best RT they have no and no one really could take that spot unless Rhyan can or Walker.  

I've never heard of Daniel Brunskill or Jake Brendel. Are they good 49er fans? I did like Dohnovan West and Jason Poe. Crazy they got both as UDFA.

If you could just put Trent Williams on the Colts OL, that would be a scary OL. No idea who Danny Pinter is though, but it wouldn't really matter if they had a stud LT. Matt Pryor certainly isn't that.

Edited by Jeezla

18 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

I've never heard of Daniel Brunskill or Jake Brendel. Are they good 49er fans? I did like Dohnovan West and Jason Poe. Crazy they got both as UDFA.

If you could just put Trent Williams on the Colts OL, that would be a scary OL. No idea who Danny Pinter is though, but it wouldn't really matter if they had a stud LT. Matt Pryor certainly isn't that.

They did lose Alex Mack who could be a HOF center, long shot but he was very good and was great last year so maybe the loss of him will matter a lot.  But the 49ers do one hell of a job developing players.  Spencer Burford seems interesting as a talent and potential LT or RT, Jaylon Moore has promise as a OG or RT potentially.  Aaron Banks has kind of been a disappointment for them I think but still early in his career.  They did get Sam Schlueter who could be a good OG, not a RT or LT but I think as a guard he could be good.  

Brunskill I noticed last year and he seems like a tough nasty guard who is a good run blocker with good toughness.

Pinter is a super athletic guard coming out of Ball State and moves very well, is not a power guy but could be ok for them at OG, LT is the much bigger issue for them potentially.  Again Raimann has potential and great feet so he could be the one at LT for them, also have Jordan Murray at RT backup who is a giant dude and Dennis Kelly who is a decent backup.  

43 minutes ago, Pugger said:

IF Bak and Jenkins return I'd put our OL up on top.  But like I said, if....

Their depth is very strong and Myers/Runyan and Newman are all 2nd or 3rd year players so that is pretty impressive and they have guys behind them with talent also.  I still feel Jenkins is better at OG but not sure they have a RT right now to take that spot.  Newman played OT in college, Rhyan did and Van Lanen so maybe they could or Nijman.

I think it could be a stronger OL then Runyan or Newman would be out at OG, I assume Newman would go if they get a RT.  They will be cutting some decent guys though, I assume they only keep 10 OL so that means George Moore will get cut, same with Rasheed Walker, Menet and Caleb Jones so some teams might be picking those guys up.  All uproven and maybe they get on the Practice squad but Walker for sure could be picked up and so could Jones/Moore if they should potential which I think they will.  

19 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Green Bay has a lot of young guys I like, Walker has potential and so does Jones and Van Lanen.  Hanson I liked at center and Myers I liked at center last year and was a steal where they got him.  Nijman is a good athlete, Rhyan could be a great OG or even RT.  Zach Tom seems very promising and could be a starter soon and Newman I liked out of Ole Miss.  Runyan was a steal also, but will matter if Bakhtiari and Jenkins can stay healthy and I feel Jenkins is a better OG than RT but he is the best RT they have no and no one really could take that spot unless Rhyan can or Walker.  

There is a ton of potential there.  We really have a bundle of high RAS guys on the line.  But, our two best guys are both coming off of torn ACLs.  Jenkins is working out, and Bakhtiari played a game last season, but had a set back.  It is pretty scary concerning Bakhtiari.  It has been over a year, and he has not recovered.  I am not sure that we have a true RT on the roster, regardless of everyone hitting potential or being healthy.  We also have Caleb Jones, who is a giant, 6'9 370.  Who knows if he can play at this level, but he looked impressive in the minicamp videos being a head taller than a lot of guys. 

I think ultimately, we have an embarrassment of riches on the interior and are pretty thin at OT.  And it is pretty nice to be mentioned in the OL discussion even after allowing Lucas Patrick and Billy Turner to leave in free agency.  I also noticed, when I was looking up Billy Turner (I knew who he was, what he looked like, and what team he was on, but I completely brain farted his name) the Broncos have former Packers OL Ben Braden and Zack Johnson as well.  Probably some of that is Hackett bringing along some familiar guys, but they are still bouncing around.  We have been pretty good at getting OL to develop for a pretty long time.

4 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Their depth is very strong and Myers/Runyan and Newman are all 2nd or 3rd year players so that is pretty impressive and they have guys behind them with talent also.  I still feel Jenkins is better at OG but not sure they have a RT right now to take that spot.  Newman played OT in college, Rhyan did and Van Lanen so maybe they could or Nijman.

I think it could be a stronger OL then Runyan or Newman would be out at OG, I assume Newman would go if they get a RT.  They will be cutting some decent guys though, I assume they only keep 10 OL so that means George Moore will get cut, same with Rasheed Walker, Menet and Caleb Jones so some teams might be picking those guys up.  All uproven and maybe they get on the Practice squad but Walker for sure could be picked up and so could Jones/Moore if they should potential which I think they will.  

I think we go 9 and Jenkins starts on PUP.  George Moore, Michal Menet, Caleb Jones, and at least one of Van Lanen or Walker will almost for sure be available.  Unless they come into camp and just light the world on fire.

We will definitely have to release some rosterable players this offseason.  Now, that doesn't mean that teams will be stumbling over each other trying to sign every guy the Packers cut because we are the greatest assembly of talent ever.  But just going by the numbers, there will be some quality OL released.  I also think we have some players at other positions that are really difficult cuts.  It is not an outlandish scenario where Jake Hanson is on the outside looking in, in fact, all it probably takes is Zach Tom being competent at C and better at guard.  

29 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

There is a ton of potential there.  We really have a bundle of high RAS guys on the line.  But, our two best guys are both coming off of torn ACLs.  Jenkins is working out, and Bakhtiari played a game last season, but had a set back.  It is pretty scary concerning Bakhtiari.  It has been over a year, and he has not recovered.  I am not sure that we have a true RT on the roster, regardless of everyone hitting potential or being healthy.  We also have Caleb Jones, who is a giant, 6'9 370.  Who knows if he can play at this level, but he looked impressive in the minicamp videos being a head taller than a lot of guys. 

I think ultimately, we have an embarrassment of riches on the interior and are pretty thin at OT.  And it is pretty nice to be mentioned in the OL discussion even after allowing Lucas Patrick and Billy Turner to leave in free agency.  I also noticed, when I was looking up Billy Turner (I knew who he was, what he looked like, and what team he was on, but I completely brain farted his name) the Broncos have former Packers OL Ben Braden and Zack Johnson as well.  Probably some of that is Hackett bringing along some familiar guys, but they are still bouncing around.  We have been pretty good at getting OL to develop for a pretty long time.

I agree Tom could become their backup center and he has tons of upside and ability, very solid looking prospect.  But true Bakhtiari being hurt as long as he has been could mean his career is close to over, will see.  And Jenkins having issues multiple seasons as well with injuries so yeah OT could be an issue and sure if those two studs are hurt the OL is totally changed but could say that about any OL.  I liked Caleb Jones on Indiana but sure it is a matter of can he handle speed rushers or not, but the size and potential is there and with good coaching he could be solid down the road.  

I guess one could say Denver could have a top 10 OL.  Depends on how good Cushenberry turns out and if Risner can stay healthy.  Meinerz could be a star but will see, he has tons of potential and Muti I like a lot at OG and having backups in Tom Compton who started last year at times even at OT and Ben Braden who has potential along with Glasgow who has started before is impressive.  So depth wise they are right there just depends on how good the starters become.  Billy Turner I have never been a huge fan of but he is ok I guess, will see what he looks like on Denver, Bolles is solid and Risner has star potential if he can stay healthy.  I might have to add them to Detroit as just missing the top 10.  

LT 72 BOLLES, GARETT 17/1 76 Anderson, Calvin P/NYJ 75 Bailey, Quinn CF19        
LG 66 Risner, Dalton 19/2 64 Braden, Ben U/GB 68 Johnson, Zack SF21        
C 79 Cushenberry III, Lloyd 20/3 61 Glasgow, Graham U/Det 60 Wattenberg, Luke 22/5        
RG 77 Meinerz, Quinn 21/3 52 Muti, Netane 20/6 67 Niese, Michael CF22        
RT 57 TURNER, BILLY CC/GB 69 COMPTON, TOM U/SF 74 Tucker, Casey SF22

6 hours ago, Ozzy said:

I agree Tom could become their backup center and he has tons of upside and ability, very solid looking prospect.  But true Bakhtiari being hurt as long as he has been could mean his career is close to over, will see.  And Jenkins having issues multiple seasons as well with injuries so yeah OT could be an issue and sure if those two studs are hurt the OL is totally changed but could say that about any OL.  I liked Caleb Jones on Indiana but sure it is a matter of can he handle speed rushers or not, but the size and potential is there and with good coaching he could be solid down the road.  

I guess one could say Denver could have a top 10 OL.  Depends on how good Cushenberry turns out and if Risner can stay healthy.  Meinerz could be a star but will see, he has tons of potential and Muti I like a lot at OG and having backups in Tom Compton who started last year at times even at OT and Ben Braden who has potential along with Glasgow who has started before is impressive.  So depth wise they are right there just depends on how good the starters become.  Billy Turner I have never been a huge fan of but he is ok I guess, will see what he looks like on Denver, Bolles is solid and Risner has star potential if he can stay healthy.  I might have to add them to Detroit as just missing the top 10.  

LT 72 BOLLES, GARETT 17/1 76 Anderson, Calvin P/NYJ 75 Bailey, Quinn CF19        
LG 66 Risner, Dalton 19/2 64 Braden, Ben U/GB 68 Johnson, Zack SF21        
C 79 Cushenberry III, Lloyd 20/3 61 Glasgow, Graham U/Det 60 Wattenberg, Luke 22/5        
RG 77 Meinerz, Quinn 21/3 52 Muti, Netane 20/6 67 Niese, Michael CF22        
RT 57 TURNER, BILLY CC/GB 69 COMPTON, TOM U/SF 74 Tucker, Casey SF22

Billy Turner is probably not going to be a "top" OL.  But he is a functional player at RG, and RT.  He even played some LT for the Packers as well.  I don't think he is going to have much more growth as a player.  But he is only 30, so he isn't ancient as far as OL go, either.  If he is the weak link on an OL, that is probably a pretty good OL.  He already was part of a pretty good OL with the Packers the last few seasons.  This Broncos line-up looks pretty good.  It has to be at least close to the best OL that Wilson will have had in his career.

1 hour ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Billy Turner is probably not going to be a "top" OL.  But he is a functional player at RG, and RT.  He even played some LT for the Packers as well.  I don't think he is going to have much more growth as a player.  But he is only 30, so he isn't ancient as far as OL go, either.  If he is the weak link on an OL, that is probably a pretty good OL.  He already was part of a pretty good OL with the Packers the last few seasons.  This Broncos line-up looks pretty good.  It has to be at least close to the best OL that Wilson will have had in his career.

Probably is Wilson's best OL but that is not saying much, maybe the one in Seattle with Duane Brown/Luke Joeckel/Justin Britt/Oday Aboushi and Germain Ifedi was the best but that was nothing great, especially since Joeckel was a big disappointment overall and Aboushi never turned out and Ifedi is just ok but Brown and Britt were good.  Had some lines with Sweeney that were ok also.

Will be interesting how he does in Denver overall, should do great because those RBs are awesome with Williams and Gordon then the WRs Jeudy, Sutton, Patrick and Hamler and fine TEs with Okwuegbunam and a potential star in Greg Dulcich.  

On 7/10/2022 at 6:08 PM, ThatJerkDave said:

Didn't Turner play LT for us in that SF playoff game where he was almost a turnstile?

5 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Both last season and the season before, yes.  I cannot understand those decisions by the coaching staff. 

It is not that hard to understand, they had to do it, who else was going to play the position.  

Not a huge surprise the Eagles and Packers are #1 and #2 in the poll, but there is a fact of if you just look at starters by position Eagles have the Packers beat.  Sure Bakhtiari is the LT over the two teams but if you consider his injuries Mailata is cheaper and his backup Dillard is better than any backup LT Green Bay has on the roster potentially but as pure starters sure Bakhtiari healthy is the pick.  .

At center Eagles easily have it with Kelce not even close, Lane Johnson is better than Jenkins at RT, granted if Jenkins was at his best position guard he is better than any Eagles guard.  Dickerson I would take over Runyan or Newman on the Packers since Jenkins is the RT, and Seumalo is a close call but would probably take him over Newman but Tom or Rhyan might take Newman's place.  

But the lack of votes even on the poll shows most do not even pay attention to the offensive line.