QBs at 3. The worst edition.

Kiwibrown

Worst at 22.  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Worst

• Quinn
    • Weeden
    • Manziel

We have taken 3 qbs at 22 overall in the nfl draft. All three were our 2nd pick in their respective drafts, the later 2 were both preceded by colossal busts, Trent Richardson the worst runningback selected top 5 since Kijana Carter, and then came Justin Gilbert the worst corner selected in the top 10 possibly ever. The 2007 draft was saved by the best Browns player since Jim Brown in Joe Thomas.

Quinn. In 2007 we trade a future 1st to Dallas to get our hands on a big chunk of man in Brady Quinn. He had the name, the body, the college career, the work ethic and did I mention, the body. Terrible accuracy though, couldnt stay healthy. 

The Cowboy, Brandon Weeden. In 2012 we select the oldest player ever drafted in the 1st round Weeden. He played football like a pitcher. He was a bad pitcher that couldnt crack the mlb. He threw more tds than the rest of this illustrious 3. Unlike Quinn he looked a plucked goose

Johnny Manziel. In 2014 we give QB at 22 another whirl. And a whirl it was with Johnny Football. Johnny really liked nose beer. Johnny didnt like Cleveland. He was also short, not fast enough to be an improviser and really wasnt all that talented. He flamed out. A+ Twitter game.

• Like 1

Quinn and Weeden were 6th round picks we took in the first. Absolutely terrible and not starting caliber but at least professionals and at least tried. 

Manziel never should have made a roster, was out of the league in 2 years, never given another shot, and actually busted in the CFL and AAFL or whatever it was called as well. 

Quinn and Weeden were top 60 QBs most likely. Manziel was never a top 100. 

• Like 2

Manziel was the one I disagreed with the most as I viewed him as a 4th round, at best QB, but Weeden never made any sense at all.  I'll vote Manziel in the poll, but honestly, both Weeden and Manziel were about equally bad.  Weeden really had nothing that I liked coming out and he was already old.

I never saw “it” with Quinn.  I thought he was a bust from the second we drafted him.  Team #Anderception4Eva.

Weeden?  He was 28.  You don’t draft 28 year olds in R1 ffs.

Manziel, oof…. He actually had the physical talent and ability to succeed imo.  As fans we don’t always get the full story until years later in many cases, and this was one of them.  The idea of him being a bit of a bro who liked to crush a couple beers was completely incorrect.  He was a full on addict who had no business ever being drafted and most of the league knew it, even if the fans didn’t.

All 3 of them were acts of desperation.

• Like 2

@roger murdock said it best. A lot of us saw BUST written all over Quinn and Weeden, but they were at least super professional, knew their stuff, and grinded like pros.

Manziel flamed out of everything in under 2 years and wearing a disguise in Vegas to play cards and day drink pretty much summer up everything about this organization during that 5 year period of time. Everyone could have predicted JFF’s internal implosion coming, and that alone should have steered us elsewhere despite the physical questions he would have had to warrant that selection as well.