What the Mike Singletary Rumor Actually Means...

Mind Character

I think most have not understood the Mike Singletary & Gregg Williams connection....

Thus, it has caused many to speculate on wild theories like Gregg Williams will be HC or Jon Gruden will be HC w/ Singletary as DC....

What it really means is simple...Gregg Williams brought Singletary in on the St. Louis Rams as a Senior Defensive Assistant/Consultant.before & he's attempting to do it again.

The position in St. Louis never involved any coordination or playcalling, but more Defensive Quality Control, Mentorship, & Special projects (like run fit analysis etc..)

Despite most hot takes, Singletary has a wealth of football knowledge, knowledge on how to develop mental toughness, & sacrifice it all for teammates and winning.

These skills never translated as a head coach. He gave wild press conferences and has become somewhat of a drunk uncle bafoon dinosaur type in the the public twitter mind.

Wade Phillips, Romeo Crennel, and on and on did not translate well as Head Coaches.

When given specialized roles (and/or better players) their depth of knowledge and coaching ability shines.

The role would be similar to his role on the Rams, and if these coaches will be retained another seasoned football mind...the more the merrier

-------------

After Hue is fired....we will never get the quality of coaches we have now. Not just big names, but coaches that have been in the top 5 if not top in terms of unit stats/productivity as well as respected regarding coaching ability.

1 hour ago, Mind Character said:

I think most have not understood the Mike Singletary & Gregg Williams connection....

Thus, it has caused many to speculate on wild theories like Gregg Williams will be HC or Jon Gruden will be HC w/ Singletary as DC....

What it really means is simple...Gregg Williams brought Singletary in on the St. Louis Rams as a Senior Defensive Assistant/Consultant.before & he's attempting to do it again.

The position in St. Louis never involved any coordination or playcalling, but more Defensive Quality Control, Mentorship, & Special projects (like run fit analysis etc..)

Despite most hot takes, Singletary has a wealth of football knowledge, knowledge on how to develop mental toughness, & sacrifice it all for teammates and winning.

These skills never translated as a head coach. He gave wild press conferences and has become somewhat of a drunk uncle bafoon dinosaur type in the the public twitter mind.

Wade Phillips, Romeo Crennel, and on and on did not translate well as Head Coaches.

When given specialized roles (and/or better players) their depth of knowledge and coaching ability shines.

The role would be similar to his role on the Rams, and if these coaches will be retained another seasoned football mind...the more the merrier

-------------

After Hue is fired....we will never get the quality of coaches we have now. Not just big names, but coaches that have been in the top 5 if not top in terms of unit stats/productivity as well as respected regarding coaching ability.

If Hue does get fired I really hope we go another offensive guy and he decides to keep the D as is

RE: Singletary

Despite the connection to Gregg, there's no guarantee that Singletary will be coming.  He's just one of a number of coaches who have been interviewing in Cleveland recently.

The statements you (and others) make about any future coaches sound eerily similar to the ones people made when we fired Shurmur, when our coordinators were Childress and Jauron.

Bottom line:  Money talks, bull**** walks.

Spent the last 10 minutes doing some twitter sleuthing, and here's the latest - take it for what it's worth.

Mike Singletary's interview would satisfy the Rooney Rule for either a front office or coaching hire. A possible hurdle to announce a new hire, or a possible position coach - you decide.

Peyton Manning has had multiple meetings with the Haslams, and has had a standing offer for part ownership of the team and President of Football Operations since mid-October.

Peyton Manning has bought a house in Bratenahl Tuesday.

John Gruden, who has visited Knoxville last month and been reported to have use of the Haslam's private jet, is being reported to have no interest in coaching Tennessee. This comes as no surprise to anyone except Vols fans, but he has spent enough time in Knoxville recently to become the odds-on favorite to take over for Butch Jones. Odds makers are missing the bigger picture as to what other team's ownership has ties to that city. (It's the Browns).

So I'm shooting my shot here and now for the Browns in 2018.

President of Football Operations - Peyton Manning.

Executive Vice President - Sashi Brown

Head Coach - John Gruden

5 minutes ago, ditchdigger said:

Spent the last 10 minutes doing some twitter sleuthing, and here's the latest - take it for what it's worth.

Mike Singletary's interview would satisfy the Rooney Rule for either a front office or coaching hire. A possible hurdle to announce a new hire, or a possible position coach - you decide.

Peyton Manning has had multiple meetings with the Haslams, and has had a standing offer for part ownership of the team and President of Football Operations since mid-October.

John Gruden, who has visited Knoxville last month and been reported to have use of the Haslam's private jet, is being reported to have no interest in coaching Tennessee. This comes as no surprise to anyone except Vols fans, but he has spent enough time in Knoxville recently to become the odds-on favorite to take over for Butch Jones. Odds makers are missing the bigger picture as to what other team's ownership has ties to that city. (It's the Browns).

Head Coach - John Gruden

Go big or go home I always say. Even if I don’t. 

23 minutes ago, ditchdigger said:

Head Coach - John Gruden

lol 

are you gonna be disappointed when its 

Jimmy

Sashi 

Hue 

1 hour ago, ditchdigger said:

Head Coach - John Gruden

I would be down with that

2 minutes ago, hornbybrown said:

Manning would be buying a very small share if any at all if that was to be the case. His net worth is estimated at 115 million 

That amount sounds way too low for Manning.  I would figure it'd be five times that by now.  He's made more than that in contracts & his endorsements are large.  Google said he makes $12 mil per year in endorsements still.

54 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

That amount sounds way too low for Manning.  I would figure it'd be five times that by now.  He's made more than that in contracts & his endorsements are large.  Google said he makes $12 mil per year in endorsements still.

Over $400M in earnings over his football cateer. 

If necessary, I'm sure he could get whatever he needed to buy into an NFL franchise from any number of banks or investors.

Archived