N'keal Harry is here

dll2000

12 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

Never forget 

I honestly still kind of agree haha

I would still rather have Kmet over Rudolph

Pringle getting the contract and just sort of sucking sucks

St. Brown still does look like a legit #3 option, but Pringle is out, Harry is hurt, and Mooney hasn't produced

Mooney still looks good to me....kind of a matter of Field not seeing open guys

This "told you so" post is kind of BS...the only mistake is probably taking Gordon over Pickens but I dont know what WR you all wanted or what we could have gotten in FA. This mind set is kind of the same lame thing all sports journalists do. Just say "we dont have the talent" and youll basically be right for 31 of the 32 teams haha.....its kind of a cheap gamblers trick. Like literally you just call out my team wont win and you'll be right 95% of the time....lame. haha

Anyway though, I put this on Fields, I dont love check downs but you have to check down SOME, if you want to open up the deep bal or move the passing game along.

6 minutes ago, MonserinNC said:

I honestly still kind of agree haha

I would still rather have Kmet over Rudolph

Pringle getting the contract and just sort of sucking sucks

St. Brown still does look like a legit #3 option, but Pringle is out, Harry is hurt, and Mooney hasn't produced

Mooney still looks good to me....kind of a matter of Field not seeing open guys

This "told you so" post is kind of BS...the only mistake is probably taking Gordon over Pickens but I dont know what WR you all wanted or what we could have gotten in FA. This mind set is kind of the same lame thing all sports journalists do. Just say "we dont have the talent" and youll basically be right for 31 of the 32 teams haha.....its kind of a cheap gamblers trick. Like literally you just call out my team wont win and you'll be right 95% of the time....lame. haha

Anyway though, I put this on Fields, I dont love check downs but you have to check down SOME, if you want to open up the deep bal or move the passing game along.

A cheap trick? You could have said "the Bears have good weapons" without comparing Mooney to Diggs. Quit while you're behind

Edited by beardown3231

On 10/4/2022 at 6:59 PM, beardown3231 said:

A cheap trick? You could have said "the Bears have good weapons" without comparing Mooney to Diggs. Quit while you're behind

🙄 what is wrong with you....you arent a sports journalist....neither am I....I obviously meant he has the same skill set and as a rookie....why do you feel the need to be a weirdo haha....you just being negative and acting superior on a fan forum.....just corny

6 minutes ago, MonserinNC said:

🙄 what is wrong with you....you arent a sports journalist....neither am I....I obviously meant he has the same skill set and as a rookie....why do you feel the need to be a weirdo haha....you just being negative and acting superior on a fan forum.....just corny

Is this your first time interacting with him? That's his schtick! 😂

• Like 1

Just now, G08 said:

I don't even be paying attention normally haha....I just dont get it this time...its just basically taking the field(which is a safe bet) and then acting smart. Like literally 31 of the teams will have the conversation of holes after the season. And even the Super Bowl winner will get "I bet they cant do it again". Just talking crap is so easy as opposed to guessing who will pan out.

9 hours ago, MonserinNC said:

I don't even be paying attention normally haha....I just dont get it this time...its just basically taking the field(which is a safe bet) and then acting smart. Like literally 31 of the teams will have the conversation of holes after the season. And even the Super Bowl winner will get "I bet they cant do it again". Just talking crap is so easy as opposed to guessing who will pan out.

YOU COMPARED DARNELL MOONEY TO STEFON DIGGS

But I'm the corny weirdo?

It's ok to admit when you're wrong but now you're going to double down and say that you still agree. That's your problem, not mine

9 hours ago, G08 said:

Betted than a schtick of always drinking the kool aid of this crappy organization and thinking every average player is good just because they play for my favorite team, so you guys can keep up that schtick while I keep up the realistic one

Can't wait to hear from you guys how every Poles signing and draft pick is an ascending player/steal next spring though!

Edited by beardown3231

1 hour ago, beardown3231 said:

Betted than a schtick of always drinking the kool aid of this crappy organization and thinking every average player is good just because they play for my favorite team, so you guys can keep up that schtick while I keep up the realistic one

Can't wait to hear from you guys how every Poles signing and draft pick is an ascending player/steal next spring though!

On 10/6/2022 at 8:07 AM, beardown3231 said:

Why is it better? Just curious. I have debated both sides of this argument on here as I find it curious that each side is so extreme in their thought process. I absolutely think that comparing Mooney to Diggs was a pretty big leap at this point. With that said, I don't get the "if you are being positive you are drinking the kool aid" argument either. I can be positive and still be fully aware that this team is bad and that there have been questionable decisions made at this point. I am under no illusion that we are a bottom-tier team at this point. Yes, I understand that Fields needs to be developed as we have discussed this ad nauseam.  It doesn't mean that things can't or won't get better. Some people just choose not to dwell in negative energy all the time. What good can come from that? That doesn't make them stupid or unaware or out of touch. It simply means they prefer to see things in a positive manner. And if they choose to believe that they are going to the Super Bowl then so be it as well. You are 100 percent entitled to your opinion and I respect you for that, I just fail to understand the need to insult someone for having an opposing position of an argument.

Edited by Bigbear72
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Bigbear72 said:

Why is it better? Just curious. I have debated both sides of this argument on here as I find it curious that each side is so extreme in their thought process. I absolutely think that comparing Mooney to Diggs was a pretty big leap at this point. With that said, I don't get the "if you are being positive you are drinking the kool aid" argument either. I can be positive and still be fully aware that this team is bad and that there have been question decisions made at this point. I am under no illusion that we are a bottom tier team at this point. Yes I understand that Fields needs to be developed as we have discussed this ad nauseam.  It doesn't mean that things can't or won't get better. Some people just choose not to dwell in negative energy all the time. What good can come from that? That doesn't make them stupid or unaware or out of touch. It simply means they prefer to see things in a positive manner. And if they choose to believe that the is going to the Super Bowl then so be it as well. You are 100 percent entitled to your opinion and I respect you for that, I just fail to understood the need to insult someone for having an opposing position of an argument.

It's better because the organization should have an inkling that the fans have had it with their constant BS. If they're rebuilding, come out and say it. Theo did it and Cubs fans embraced it. Instead we're claiming there's a rebuild going on but Patrick is playing more than Jenkins. The most important person on the team is getting hit all the time and therefore playing like s***. You're either rebuilding or you're not.

There's a difference between being positive and saying that Mooney is better than Diggs. That is literally drinking the kool aid. Seeing "King Poles does it again" all over the internet after he drafts any player or signs any player is drinking the kool aid since he hasn't done IT- whatever IT is- at all. If people want to say "I like what I've seen from Jenkins" or "Brisker has looked good," fine, but comparing players on your favorite team to some of the best in the league is absolutely gross. While I'm sure it happens for every team, it appears that this fan base does it more than anyone's.

I'm not dwelling in the negatives; I just call out BS when I see it. There hasn't been much ability to dwell in positives for this franchise over the last 2 decades, has there? So far, not so good with this regime.

1 hour ago, beardown3231 said:

It's better because the organization should have an inkling that the fans have had it with their constant BS. If they're rebuilding, come out and say it. Theo did it and Cubs fans embraced it. Instead we're claiming there's a rebuild going on but Patrick is playing more than Jenkins. The most important person on the team is getting hit all the time and therefore playing like s***. You're either rebuilding or you're not.

There's a difference between being positive and saying that Mooney is better than Diggs. That is literally drinking the kool aid. Seeing "King Poles does it again" all over the internet after he drafts any player or signs any player is drinking the kool aid since he hasn't done IT- whatever IT is- at all. If people want to say "I like what I've seen from Jenkins" or "Brisker has looked good," fine, but comparing players on your favorite team to some of the best in the league is absolutely gross. While I'm sure it happens for every team, it appears that this fan base does it more than anyone's.

I'm not dwelling in the negatives; I just call out BS when I see it. There hasn't been much ability to dwell in positives for this franchise over the last 2 decades, has there? So far, not so good with this regime.

So, several things here.

First, where besides a few people on this forum have you seen people spewing these "King Poles" statements? Most things that I have read outside of this forum on the internet have done pretty much the opposite. There will always be extreme takes on any situation (you are a prime example) but as a whole everything that I have read says that no one thinks we are in a good position and thinks that Poles didn't do enough to put Fields in a position to be successful. 

Second, isn't it painfully obvious that this is a rebuild? Anybody can see that. Why does Poles have to say "by the way everyone, we are rebuilding"? If you saw a tiger outside of your door would someone have to tell you that it would be dangerous to go outside? Probably not because that would be stating the obvious. Same thing here.

Third, even if you are upset with the team how does that translate to launching insults at people for disagreeing with you?

Fourth, you still haven't stated how this schtick was better outside of "you're mad and you're not gonna take it anymore."  That may be the case but it doesn't equal better.

Edited by Bigbear72
  • Like 3

28 minutes ago, Bigbear72 said:

where besides a few people on this forum have you seen people spewing these "King Poles" statements?

There isn’t this sentiment anywhere. It’s just a straw man they have built to argue with, and have projected that upon anyone who hasn’t outright condemned Poles and already decided everything is a disaster based upon the first few months of a multi year rebuild. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

There isn’t this sentiment anywhere. It’s just a straw man they have built to argue with, and have projected that upon anyone who hasn’t outright condemned Poles and already decided everything is a disaster based upon the first few months of a multi year rebuild. 

Straw man my ***. Literally people all over twitter post the GIF of when he first walked into HH and it says "King Poles does it again."

47 minutes ago, Bigbear72 said:

So, several things here.

First, where besides a few people on this forum have you seen people spewing these "King Poles" statements? Most things that I have read outside of this forum on the internet have done pretty much the opposite. There will always be extreme takes on any situation (you are a prime example) but as a whole everything that I have read says that no one thinks we are in a good position and thinks that Poles didn't do enough to put Fields in a position to be successful. 

See post above.

Second, isn't it painfully obvious that this is a rebuild? Anybody can see that. Why does Poles have to say "by the way everyone, we are rebuilding"? If you saw a tiger outside of your door would someone have to tell you that it would be dangerous to go outside? Probably not because that would be stating the obvious. Same thing here.

Most rebuilding teams don't create a ton of dead cap, try to/actually acquire veterans for a lot of money and try to get their QB killed. Maybe it's just me.

Third, even if you are upset with the team how does that translate to launching insults at people for disagreeing with you?

Who did I "insult?" I can make fun of someone for saying Kmet is as good as Kyle Rudolph *was* and Mooney is a top 3 WR.

Fourth, you still haven't stated how this schtick was better outside of "you're mad and you're not gonna take it anymore."  That may be the case but it doesn't equal better.

Maybe "better" was the wrong word. "Realistic" perhaps? Every year the same fans have high hopes for the franchise and overrate every player on the team (see bolded point above). I used to be one of those guys, but they don't exactly give me consistent hope that they're a competitive and well run organization. Maybe Poles/Eberflus will change that, but they haven't gotten off to a hot start.

10 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Maybe "better" was the wrong word. "Realistic" perhaps? Every year the same fans have high hopes for the franchise and overrate every player on the team (see bolded point above). I used to be one of those guys, but they don't exactly give me consistent hope that they're a competitive and well run organization. Maybe Poles/Eberflus will change that, but they haven't gotten off to a hot start.

I can appreciate the above. It has driven me insane as well. It absolutely pains me that our franchise is not relevant. That being said, everyone deserves a fair chance. This entire staff has walked into positions that they have never held before. It's going to take some time. 4 games is not enough. I see what you see and it sucks, but not to think that there would be significant growing pains this year would be naïve to say the least. Most people fall the very 1st time they ride a bike, let's see if this staff get's back up first before we condemn them.

Edited by Bigbear72