week 11 Game Day Thread Steelers vs. Titans TNF

Steeler Hitman

Who: Pittsburgh Steelers vs Tennessee Titans

PittTenn2.jpg

Where: Heinz Field

pittsburgh_winter_2015_pittsburghskyline

When: Thursday, November 16, 2017 Kick-off at 8:25 P.M.

titans-vs-steelers.jpg

Series Records:

21 Games as Titans and Titans lead 13 - 8

Total Series Games as Houston Oilers and Tennessee Titans: 77 Games Steelers lead 45-32

Last Meeting: 2014 11/17/2014 Steelers won at Tennessee 27-24

Keys to Victory:

1. Finally getting the offense on track.

Bryant_Roethlisberger_1616_Article_1.jpg

2. Waiting for Ben to get a little more accurate and consistent passing.

Ben-Roethlisberger.jpg

3. Keeping the Titans ground game in check.

Pittsburgh-Steelers-620x330.jpg

4. Pressuring Mariota and at the same time containing him in the pocket.

usa_today_10247108.0.jpg

5. No turnovers and stupid penalties.

ben_roethlisberger_152101295.jpg?w=640&h

6. Create turnovers.

ryan-shazier.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1

My apologies to the group fr being late with the hotties!!! Without further delay hotties!

689f97a35026141afeb31f0b2c32abfc--beauti

d540cbdac4c8a967f357127e58d59141.jpg

6fd96955249ad9dcc3b348fda2638a48.jpg

that was a nice int shazier got in the colts game, really saved the day IMO.

Btw, has there been any sightings of #92? They really are preserving him aren't they.  Maybe not underpaid considering $ per snap, so I can see him returning next year as well :P

LeBeau better not win this game. We should pick him apart and if we don't then consider this a coaching fail IMO.

We have yet to play what I would consider good football, or at least even come within 50 yards of our offenses potential....and we are 7-2....

It always happens with teams getting hot and making Super Bowl runs...5 of our last 7 games are at home and I believe there is too much talent for this offense to not explode at some point.

I do have a running theory now that Ben retired in the off-season and was talked into coming back as long as the offense ran his way (you see a bunch of old Arians concepts recently). They look so out of sync, but I am very hopeful that they break through soon and never look back. 

57 minutes ago, August4th said:

I think getting a early lead will be key in this game... fear tenn running down our defense and owning TOP

hoping the offense finally snaps out of it .. primetime game in Heinz... ben usually plays really well here

But it's also a Thursday game. Those are notoriously ugly games. Hopefully we bring our A game. 

We SHOULD win this game IMO, but that means nothing.

Obviously Tennessee isnt a bad team, but we are both operating on short weeks and we are at home.    Mariota is probably the 2nd best QB we have faced this year, so it could be a challenge.

If we lose, its really not a big deal from a standings perspective, but depending HOW we lose, it could be very troublesome.   If the offense still flutters most of the game and our secondary looks lost without Haden, I will definitely have concerns....not so much in our chances of making the playoffs, but our chances of getting a first round bye.   

46 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

If we lose, its really not a big deal from a standings perspective, but depending HOW we lose, it could be very troublesome.   If the offense still flutters most of the game and our secondary looks lost without Haden, I will definitely have concerns....not so much in our chances of making the playoffs, but our chances of getting a first round bye.   

I think it IS a big deal in the standings if we lose.  Obviously we can't afford to lose a game on Darth Brady and Emperor Belichick.   We MUST get a first round bye if we hope to make it to the Super Bowl imo.  

Losing Haden is a huge loss.  Sensabaugh looked decent off the bench, but he's no Joe Haden, I'm pretty sure.  The whole defense will have to step up its game to make up for it.  And they have done so when making up for the loss of Tuitt, but clearly DL depth is superior to CB depth.  This is the perfect game for the OLBs to break out and play big to take some pressure off the DBs. 

I looked into the history of Thursday Night Football.  Looks like since the inception of TNF, the home team is 70-45.  I think on National TV, at home, they get it done.

This a pretty important game in terms of getting the Bye. Ideally we win this game and the Titans still end up winning the AFC South. The Titans beat the Jags the first game and play them again in Week 17. The Jags basically have 2 tough games left (Seattle and Titans).  The Titans have 3 (Us, Rams and Jags).   If it came down to a tie breaker the Jags already have our berries in a jar. 

See it going 2 ways... 

1. We come out on FIRE at home in PrimeTime and blow them out with Ben having his best game of the year....

2.  We play terrible, keep it close but Titans end up with a late surge like Jville did and win by double digits.   

I'm betting on the 1st one.

And @Steeler Hitman ... it's been 12 hrs since you last edited your GDT and no hotties!?!?!?!?!?!,!&÷€#73€#€#7×€!%÷

:(

4 hours ago, JLambert58 said:

I think it IS a big deal in the standings if we lose.  Obviously we can't afford to lose a game on Darth Brady and Emperor Belichick.   We MUST get a first round bye if we hope to make it to the Super Bowl imo.  

Losing Haden is a huge loss.  Sensabaugh looked decent off the bench, but he's no Joe Haden, I'm pretty sure.  The whole defense will have to step up its game to make up for it.  And they have done so when making up for the loss of Tuitt, but clearly DL depth is superior to CB depth.  This is the perfect game for the OLBs to break out and play big to take some pressure off the DBs. 

I looked into the history of Thursday Night Football.  Looks like since the inception of TNF, the home team is 70-45.  I think on National TV, at home, they get it done.

If we lose, we would still have a big lead in our division and still be in pretty good position going forward to get the first round bye.

Obviously, its preferable that we win.     Just saying, its not a MUST win.     We have a pretty favorable schedule to wrap things up.   Obviously, with how we play vs bad teams, nothing is a given, but if we are truly a Superbowl contender, we wont lose more than two more games going forward, and that should put us in position to get a first round bye.

4 hours ago, JDLefebvre said:

See it going 2 ways... 

1. We come out on FIRE at home in PrimeTime and blow them out with Ben having his best game of the year....

2.  We play terrible, keep it close but Titans end up with a late surge like Jville did and win by double digits.   

I'm betting on the 1st one.

And @Steeler Hitman ... it's been 12 hrs since you last edited your GDT and no hotties!?!?!?!?!?!,!&÷€#73€#€#7×€!%÷

:(

I'm telling you.....every GDT where the Hotties were in it right at creation the game was no problem.

Every GDT where the Hotties were loaded later.....close game.

4 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

If we lose, we would still have a big lead in our division and still be in pretty good position going forward to get the first round bye.

Obviously, its preferable that we win.     Just saying, its not a MUST win.     We have a pretty favorable schedule to wrap things up.   Obviously, with how we play vs bad teams, nothing is a given, but if we are truly a Superbowl contender, we wont lose more than two more games going forward, and that should put us in position to get a first round bye.

Given our recent history, that might be the only way we get there.  IIRC - the last time the heat got turned up on Haley, he responded with some good games.  Let's hope the trend continues.  

Archived