Week 11 GDT: Patriots vs Raiders

SBXISBXVSBXVIII

I'm 1-0 after starting the last GDT. So I'm starting this one with hopes to go 2-0. I won't say this game is a must win, but it's as close to one as it can get. I see the game as a battle of quarterbacks with Brady coming out on top 34-17. I hope I'm wrong though.

20170201-mexico-thumb.jpg

Estadio Azteca, Mexico City

Sunday, November 19th

1:25pm PT

cd19165b38abbb21b56f318953f90c17.jpg20996d1344899057-sports-babes-4e83b19717725955f9af7556e91cd8becc9cb925cf--footba28785d9841137e8b5000a050d0c708b9.jpg

Carr and the offense should be able to move the ball on the Pats. But how they plan to stop Brady, I have no idea. I'd like to be optimistic and say the Raiders coming off a bye, with extra time to game plan will be focused and prepared. Reality is however, this team has shown no ability to game plan effectively with extra time off (hello losing to the lackluster Bills).

There is one way to disrupt Brady and it's the inside pass rush. Which, of course is an area of weakness for the Raiders. Mack off the edge will be ineffective in this one. I'd try to isolate him up the middle on occasion to bring pressure. In the secondary... who can cover Cooks? 

Raiders D has to show up this week to have a chance. period. 

Not only Cooks, but Gronk and all those little runningbacks out of the backfield as well... Who's going to cover them?

Jay Cutler completed 81% of his passes against this defense a week ago so there is a good change Tom goes 37/40 passing -- I'm going to be closing my eyes on defense.

Other than that, really hoping we can find a way to get pressure, make sure tackles, tip some passes and luck into an interception.

Offensively we need a very strong performance from beginning to end.

Offense will be our best defense in this game. We need to be able to run the ball consistently to have a chance to win this game, something we haven't done all year. Marshawn and the Oline need to have their best games and physically impose themselves on Pats. Not just chunk runs, but those churning 3-4 yard runs that bleed the clock and keep us ahead of the sticks. Carr needs to be sharp. Im sure Belichek and Patricia will gameplan to flood coverage underneath, where Carr makes most his hay. We can beat them deep. Whoever Malcom Butler is covering needs to be targeted alot. Butler has been trash this year. 

On defense, we need alot of luck and for Mack to have a superhero type game. His rookie season he harassed Tom Brady all game when we played them. We need to gameplan to get him free I would love to see him get more reps rushing inside against guards. 

This is a make or break game for KNJ in my eyes.  The Patriots are 4-0 against teams coming off their bye the last four years but with an extra week to plan KNJ should have this D at least looking competitive.  Our O should be able to steam roll the Pats D so we only need an average defense to show up.  I hope we get to see Obi go up against Gronk and whomever we have on Cooks will need safety help over the top.  Hogan is still banged up and that leaves Amendola.  I do not think we have anyone who matches up well with him.  Hopefully Carrie can have a good game.  Also depending on what package we have in I would like to see Joseph match up against the RB's.  Much better match up for us instead of having him on Gronk.  Other than that the QB must go down and he must go down hard.  If we can not hit Brady and disrupt his timing I think we have a very small chance of winning.

On a side note I wish I was a Browns fan also or we could play the Browns.  Just looked at next weeks game and they have tickets for sell for $5.  You could find some really good seats if you are wiling to spend in the high teens.

25 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Not even joking around here.... 30 points may not be enough. Baring NE being hungover from their stay in the Rockies, I don't see how the Raiders can defend this team. 

They honestly shouldn't even try. I think the best chance they have its to score every time they get the ball. They need to hit the patriots hard and fast early and then change things up and take time off the clock. Make the patriots run out of time and score last, its the only way to win. The patriots make their money with the death by a 1,000 cuts offense. I say use it against them. If this defense gets even one stop I'll consider it a major miracle. Another thing to watch out for is special teams, it's been pretty shaky for the raiders thus far and the Patriots could use it to their advantage.

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

Not even joking around here.... 30 points may not be enough. Baring NE being hungover from their stay in the Rockies, I don't see how the Raiders can defend this team. 

I dont see it happening. We're worse than or just as bad as Denver on defense. Theyll have the same gameplan against us. Chip Mack and murder us over the middle with backs, slot guys, and Gronk.

I hate to say this but i predict 42-24 and 10 of those points will be in garbage time.

1 hour ago, riceman80 said:

I dont see it happening. We're worse than or just as bad as Denver on defense. Theyll have the same gameplan against us. Chip Mack and murder us over the middle with backs, slot guys, and Gronk.

I hate to say this but i predict 42-24 and 10 of those points will be in garbage time.

Did you watch the game? It was more of a special teams disaster for Denver than anything else. And the week before they went down to the wire vs SD, they're not unbeatable.

16 hours ago, NickButera said:

This is our playoff game. 1 Game out of the wild card, prove we can win vs the team we need to beat in the playoffs. A loss is pretty bleak, we'd be out of the playoffs unless there's a crazy stroke of luck. 

I totally agree. The Playoffs have begun and they need to beat the Patriots. Lets not kid ourselves there is only one goal for teams: A Super Bowl ring. Failure to do so will result in people losing jobs whether that's players or coaches. If they can't beat the Patriots now in a neutral field there's no way they can beat them in Foxbourgh.

Archived