Cavaliers Thread: We Don’t Suck Again!

LETSGOBROWNIES

54 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I really wish they'd have dealt Kyrie by now.

Such a terrible situation, I'm just ready for them to move forward.

For our personal sanity, I agree, but I just have a feeling this is how the "dance" goes as a matter of basic negotiation... the interested parties never make their highest offer first, and the selling party never takes the first offer. So we get through the initial rush last weekend, the phone calls die down a little, the Cavs posture that they're in a good place and may not even trade Irving, then a month later it heats up again with interested teams upping the ante a little to get the Cavs to bite. 

30 minutes ago, BwickRedux said:

For our personal sanity, I agree, but I just have a feeling this is how the "dance" goes as a matter of basic negotiation... the interested parties never make their highest offer first, and the selling party never takes the first offer. So we get through the initial rush last weekend, the phone calls die down a little, the Cavs posture that they're in a good place and may not even trade Irving, then a month later it heats up again with interested teams upping the ante a little to get the Cavs to bite. 

I get all that, I just hate having so much negativity around a team that's been soooo damn good and so much fun to watch the last few years.

I'm just ready to put this nonsense behind us.

4 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I really wish they'd have dealt Kyrie by now.

Such a terrible situation, I'm just ready for them to move forward.

I agree but I dont want to rush it. If he wasnt such a trade able asset, he would be gone by now. With his youth, ability, and contract, the Cavs have to get as much out of him as possible. They also need to show teams that they dont have to trade him. You make other teams sweeten the deal

On 7/24/2017 at 4:39 PM, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

No way I'm sending Kyrie to play with Butler and KAT.

He doesn't deserve to be rewarded for his stupidity.

They would not be trying to reward him but trying to get the best deal for him. I have no problem sending him to Minny. Allow those three to get blocked by the likes of Spurs, Rockets, and Warriors. No team is taking down the Warriors unless their is a major injury.

Me, personally, I am not a fan of Wiggins. He has a grudge about Cleveland/Cavs for them trading him away. I think the best thing would be for them to work with Minny but in a 3 team trade where they flip Wiggins to another team. For who? I have no idea.

On 7/24/2017 at 7:28 PM, candyman93 said:

Really like signing D-Rose. He was solid for the Knicks last year. He will never be the same guy he used to be. However, he can be a solid contributor as a starter. We can now trade Kyrie and have Rose start at point guard.

Yeah I agree. When he was with Chicago he was asked to be the #1. With the Knicks, he was boardline #2/#3. I think with Cleveland he will be the #3 maybe #4, depending on who they get for the Irving trade. James will be the #1 and I think Love will be the #2. Love will greatly benefit from this. He should have an even bigger role offensively. Something that they really needed to do for him. Back to the point. I think Rose could be really good for the Cavs because now he can truly pick and choose when to attack. That he can play off the ball more, be more of a facilitator, and then attack when the team needs him to do.

• 4 weeks later...

Irving traded to boston for IT, Crowder, some large white guy and the Nets 1st in 2018. 

I think we made out like a bandit in this deal. Irving > Thomas but as a whole we got better. 

Now once Wade gets bought out and comes here:

Wade, Thomas, Thomas, Love, and Lebron. Not a bad set of starters if I say so myself. 

that is all

Mastercheddaar

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Mastercheddaar said:

Irving traded to boston for IT, Crowder, some large white guy and the Nets 1st in 2018. 

I think we made out like a bandit in this deal. Irving > Thomas but as a whole we got better. 

Now once Wade gets bought out and comes here:

Wade, Thomas, Thomas, Love, and Lebron. Not a bad set of starters if I say so myself. 

that is all

Mastercheddaar

Unprotected #1 pick from Brooklyn.  That is a big deal.  Thomas is a FA at the end of the year.  

Got younger, deepened your bench, got younger in the future.  

Who knows what 18-19 holds with regards to one of the GOAT, but the young GM has done a decent job in restocking our stake in the draft.

Well done, Mr. Altman.  

Thomas and Rose make a decent 2-headed PG combo.  If anyone is going to help Kay Felder learn how to incorporate his talents in the NBA, it might just be someone else that he can look at ........ eye to eye. :) 

• Like 2

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

No way NO is parting with AD IMO.

Great trade, we're better today and have more assets for down the road.

Probably not. But there were rumors of Boston and New Orleans talking about a deal for him and the Brooklyn pick. There may be smoke there. Not sure New Orleans can win with their team as currently constructed. Too top heavy with bigs. Can't really win like that. And no cap room. They they might think about it if they really suck come the deadline. The Brooklyn pick plus love would be a good way for them to rebuild. 

Just now, Bucketheadsdad said:

Unprotected #1 pick from Brooklyn.  That is a big deal.  Thomas is a FA at the end of the year.  

Got younger, deepened your bench, got younger in the future.  

Who knows what 18-19 holds with regards to one of the GOAT, but the young GM has done a decent job in restocking our stake in the draft.

Well done, Mr. Altman.  

Thomas and Rose make a decent 2-headed PG combo.  If anyone is going to help Kay Felder learn how to incorporate his talents in the NBA, it might just be someone else that he can look at ........ eye to eye. :) 

Kay's gone IMO. We dont have enough roster spots. I hope Calderon is gone with him. 

10 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Probably not. But there were rumors of Boston and New Orleans talking about a deal for him and the Brooklyn pick. There may be smoke there. Not sure New Orleans can win with their team as currently constructed. Too top heavy with bigs. Can't really win like that. And no cap room. They they might think about it if they really suck come the deadline. The Brooklyn pick plus love would be a good way for them to rebuild. 

Right team, wrong big? 

Would you trade the pick and some slop (Shump, Frye, Felder) for Boogie?

It's risky, but Boogie's a top tier talent.