Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck

LETSGOBROWNIES

3 minutes ago, buno67 said:

I lost all faith in Hood. I have hope for Clarkson. I would love to have him for an entire year so he can find his proper role. Roles and minutes have been so jacked cause of injuries and trades. I would shop out Hood but give Clarkson at least another season. Hell the way some contracts have been given out the past couple years. He might be a steal if he can put it together next year I keep hustling the rest of the playoffs

I dont know about Clarkson.  Passing to him is like throwing a basketball into a black hole.

51 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

I dont know about Clarkson.  Passing to him is like throwing a basketball into a black hole.

There’s a role for a guy like that during the regular season, but unless he’s hot it’s hard to play him in the postseason.

• Like 1

I can't believe we're getting this far when our 3rd most importation asset on this team is Brooklyn's pick

like we're here and we don't have anything tangible on the floor from that right now

If Lebron signs another 1 year deal and puts us in this same situation do we trade for a player or draft one? 

I try and trade personally 

56 minutes ago, brownie man said:

I can't believe we're getting this far when our 3rd most importation asset on this team is Brooklyn's pick

like we're here and we don't have anything tangible on the floor from that right now

If Lebron signs another 1 year deal and puts us in this same situation do we trade for a player or draft one? 

Prettty hard to say until you know where we’re picking.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Prettty hard to say until you know where we’re picking.

true I think I've just locked into the idea thats its going to be 8 that I've discounted it possibly being higher. 

I know I dont want to trade Love. 

Maybe Brooklyn pick + Clarkson and Nance for Kawhi? 

idk man its gonna be a weird offseason 

4 hours ago, brownie man said:

If he stays I think it’s more likely than not that we trade the pick.  Ayton is the only player I can see making the immediate impact we specifically need and the chances of drafting him are abyssal.  Every season Lebron is on the team we have to try and win that season.

If he goes then the full blowup and rebuild is in effect.  Love is getting traded.  Anybody whose contract another team will take is going to get traded.  We hopefully  find a sleeper with the pick we have.  Full suck for a season or two.

And I think it’s more likely he goes.  Nobody we can trade for that is gonna put us in the realm of Golden State.  Lebron has always prioritized his legacy and trying to be the greatest of all time.  We can thank KD for destroying the chance of him staying in Cleveland.

EDIT: actually that Mo Bamba kid might be a nice addition for Lebron and available where we pick.  I’d give that a slim possibility.

Edited by Rod Johnson

5 hours ago, Rod Johnson said:

If he stays I think it’s more likely than not that we trade the pick.  Ayton is the only player I can see making the immediate impact we specifically need and the chances of drafting him are abyssal.  Every season Lebron is on the team we have to try and win that season.

If he goes then the full blowup and rebuild is in effect.  Love is getting traded.  Anybody whose contract another team will take is going to get traded.  We hopefully  find a sleeper with the pick we have.  Full suck for a season or two.

And I think it’s more likely he goes.  Nobody we can trade for that is gonna put us in the realm of Golden State.  Lebron has always prioritized his legacy and trying to be the greatest of all time.  We can thank KD for destroying the chance of him staying in Cleveland.

EDIT: actually that Mo Bamba kid might be a nice addition for Lebron and available where we pick.  I’d give that a slim possibility.

Only team that would give Lebron a chance to beat GSW is Boston and there is no way in hell he is going to them. Whatever team he is going to next year, he would lose to GSW 

1 hour ago, buno67 said:

Only team that would give Lebron a chance to beat GSW is Boston and there is no way in hell he is going to them. Whatever team he is going to next year, he would lose to GSW 

I think that Houston or Philly could put him in position to make magic happen.  There's no chance he can be the favorite but the Cavs supporting cast and flexibility is less than ideal.

7 hours ago, Rod Johnson said:

I think that Houston or Philly could put him in position to make magic happen.  There's no chance he can be the favorite but the Cavs supporting cast and flexibility is less than ideal.

I can’t trust Philly just yet. Not until Simmons fixes that jumper. Also the way Boston worked Embiid, GSW would do the same. Houston year but Houston would have to give up a lot for a lebron. Lebron isn’t taking a pay cut

Is there anyway we could get PG in a sign and trade ? Only two players I really like are Ayton and Bagley if we can’t get either of them I’d trade it for sure. I know this sounds crazy but if PG and MeLo leave OKC id call and try and get a Three way trade done for Westbrook. 

Cavaliers get Westbrook, Portland Pick, Aminu

OKC gets Lillard and Clarkson 

Portland gets Brooklyn Pick, Adams, TT 

10 minutes ago, bosko1616 said:

We are getting smacked in the jaw. Lebron is playing terrible everyone is. Damn

I'm not even gonna start on what went wrong today. All I want to say is, I HATE being such a die hard sports fan on days like today. Losing like this just stresses me out to no end.

Need a new episode of Behind Baker or something to chill me out.

• FGK changed the title to Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck