Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck

LETSGOBROWNIES

7 hours ago, Keylargobrownie said:

I disagree with you about Philly, to me the 76ers Would be LeBron's best landing spot.they have too much young talent, one of the few legitimate centers in the league. LeBron with Simmons, embid,and Reddick you could punch their finals ticket the second LeBron sign the contract. And that is not even considering  what leaps fultz and Simmons make in their second seasons.

I know the idea of just throwing a bunch of talent together sounds good but i just don't see how the spacing would work with a Lebron, Embiid, and Simmons front court. Simmons can't even hit a midrange jumper and the last thing philly should want to do with Embiid is turn him into Miami Chris Bosh/ K Love where he reduced to being a floor spacer. So if Embiid is in the post and Simmons isn't a threat to score outside of 5 feet away from the baskets that significantly hinders Lebrons ability find driving lanes. The only way it could work is if Lebron decides he wants to spend most of the game play off the ball and letting Simmons run the show and i can't really see Lebron not wanting to control the ball while he still the best player in the NBA maybe in couple of years when he really starts to decline

8 hours ago, BrownsDog23 said:

I know the idea of just throwing a bunch of talent together sounds good but i just don't see how the spacing would work with a Lebron, Embiid, and Simmons front court. Simmons can't even hit a midrange jumper and the last thing philly should want to do with Embiid is turn him into Miami Chris Bosh/ K Love where he reduced to being a floor spacer. So if Embiid is in the post and Simmons isn't a threat to score outside of 5 feet away from the baskets that significantly hinders Lebrons ability find driving lanes. The only way it could work is if Lebron decides he wants to spend most of the game play off the ball and letting Simmons run the show and i can't really see Lebron not wanting to control the ball while he still the best player in the NBA maybe in couple of years when he really starts to decline

Yep. Also heard the one move 76ers would need to make to get Lebron is to move on from JJ Reddick who is their best 3pt shooter. 76ers on paper sound like a great place for him but once you look closer it’s a bad place/fit for both parties

• Like 1

2 hours ago, buno67 said:

Yep. Also heard the one move 76ers would need to make to get Lebron is to move on from JJ Reddick who is their best 3pt shooter. 76ers on paper sound like a great place for him but once you look closer it’s a bad place/fit for both parties

What type of sign and trade could we work if he’s set to leave? LBJ for Reddick and a slew of picks?

Add in Korver for another pick to give LeBron another shooter?

I’m definitely petty enough that I’d happily help PHI if it meant crapping on Kyrie/Boston for the next few years.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

What type of sign and trade could we work if he’s set to leave? LBJ for Reddick and a slew of picks?

Add in Korver for another pick to give LeBron another shooter?

I’m definitely petty enough that I’d happily help PHI if it meant crapping on Kyrie/Boston for the next few years.

No way in hell I would want JJ on this team when there is no Lebron 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Trade him elsewhere then

I don’t believe you can do a sign and trade in a 3 team trade. I don’t remember the time frame from when you are able to trade a guy that was recently traded for. 

Well JR apparently is effectively an expiring contract since his last year only 5 mil is guaranteed.

Korver is too but I dont see us moving him unless its to match salaries 

Honestly Ty Lue is such a crappy and stubborn coach that we honestly will fare worse that we should in this play offs.

We need to put Rodney Hood and Cedi Osman in for defense at the very least and give our old guys some break.

If we expect Jeff Green to guard Durant all game then dont expect him to score. After watching Houston play their *** off against KD on defense, they looked exhausted on the offensive end.  

18 hours ago, buno67 said:

No they have a perfectly fine work relationship. They don’t have to be best buds. They just need each other. Gilbert needs him to lead this team and James needs his money to put the best team around him. Gilbert has shown he has no issue spending the money if it will make the team better. You won’t see them sign a end of the bench young guy because he won’t make the team better. Maybe a vet. That was James’ biggest issue with Miami, Arison, wouldn’t pay the tax. That was the year they let Miller go and ended up having a good year for Memphis. That cheap move made James angry. It showed that the owner didn’t care about winning. 

It’s hard to predict what might Happen because we are not sure what teams Will try and tank and who needs to trade a disgruntled player

I would agree with you but it doesn't seem like Gilbert is willing to pay the money.  He got rid of David Griffin because his contract was coming up and they didn't want to re-sign him.  They parted ways right before the draft, right before the Cavs blundered a trade of Kyrie for Paul George and Eric Bleadsoe, leading to Kyrie wanting out of Cleveland, and a forced trade to the Celtics for players that didn't work out and a pick.  I have heard multiple times that it was because Gilbert thought he could have a GM for less money and not need to overpay for Griffin.  That sequence kinda felt like the end of Lebron in Cleveland to me....

1 hour ago, CBrownsman said:

I would agree with you but it doesn't seem like Gilbert is willing to pay the money.  He got rid of David Griffin because his contract was coming up and they didn't want to re-sign him.  They parted ways right before the draft, right before the Cavs blundered a trade of Kyrie for Paul George and Eric Bleadsoe, leading to Kyrie wanting out of Cleveland, and a forced trade to the Celtics for players that didn't work out and a pick.  I have heard multiple times that it was because Gilbert thought he could have a GM for less money and not need to overpay for Griffin.  That sequence kinda felt like the end of Lebron in Cleveland to me....

Well I heard Griffin wanted more money but also wanted a higher role with the team. Like he wanted to be president of basketball operations. 

I think Griff did a lot of good things but also made mistakes, specially with the contracts he gave out

27 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Well I heard Griffin wanted more money but also wanted a higher role with the team. Like he wanted to be president of basketball operations. 

I think Griff did a lot of good things but also made mistakes, specially with the contracts he gave out

I’m still waiting for someone to tell me what the alternatives were to those contracts....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I’m still waiting for someone to tell me what the alternatives were to those contracts....

Pretty sure TT was a restricted FA. Could of let him set his market value instead of over paying him. 

13 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Pretty sure TT was a restricted FA. Could of let him set his market value instead of over paying him. 

So not really contracts, but contract, singular, where the market may have saved (for argument’s sake) 3-4 million per year?  That’s the issue you’re talking about?

How does that impact us now?

• FGK changed the title to Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck