Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck

LETSGOBROWNIES

14 minutes ago, ohiogenius said:

LeBron getting punished for being too big as usual. But doesnt excuse the bad calls on the Warriors either

There were bad calls both ways. Why complain, it’s the NBA. Deal with it. You still haven’t explained the free throw disparities. 

21 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

There were bad calls both ways. Why complain, it’s the NBA. Deal with it. You still haven’t explained the free throw disparities. 

My theory was that LeBron was the only one really driving early on and he wasnt getting the calls due to his size til the end

11 minutes ago, ohiogenius said:

My theory was that LeBron was the only one really driving early on and he wasnt getting the calls due to his size til the end

Your theory is lacking. Love was under the basket a ton and didn’t get fouled. TT was under the basket a ton and didn’t get fouled. JR actually drove a bit and didn’t get fouled. Rodney drove and didn’t get fouled. Green mugged a ton of guys and no fouls. West mugged a ton of guys and no fouls. 

Again there were bad fouls called on both sides. 

43 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

How’s the series going any chance the cavs can win?

Hard no. You could see the frustration and defeated looks everytime the Warriors cut the lead.

At this point, its probably time to start looking for ways to improve this team for next year in hopes of LeBron not leaving

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

It's time to start building towards 2023-2025. Every other team's championship window is closed until the Warriors fall apart. They made the league a joke. I miss the NBA when you felt like there were like 7-10 teams with legitimate chances of winning a title.

When was he last time you thought there was a legit 7-10 teams with a legit chance to be in the finals? You have known since James was in his prime it was his team making it out of the east. After that you thought it was Spurs or Lakers truly coming out of the west with now being GSW. You say you miss the times of 7-10teams had chances of winning but there has now never been a season in recent memory when we thought 7-10 had a chance. It’s always be 2-4 teams. With the Mavs being the exception in ‘11

If Boston trades Kyrie Jalen and Pick for Leonard and Lebron joins them with Hayward,Tatum,Rozier,Horford maybe bring back Rhondo but only for the playoffs. I think that team would destroy the Warriors. But there’s no chance They could make it work cap wise 

The Warriors were tough enough to beat without Kevin Durant but now that Durant is on the team, they are pretty much unbeatable in the Finals.  This brings flashbacks of when Jordan was in his prime and the Bulls were winning all of those championships.  No other team had a chance, especially in the West at the time.  I'm so grateful that we were able to get one championship at least during this GSW dynasty.  I'm not sure how long Golden State can keep their core together (Curry/Durant/Thompson/Green) but it may be in the best interest for the Cavaliers to start rebuilding and looking to the future now.  Even if LeBron stays, you can't just ignore the future completely, at some point, LeBron's skills will begin to take a downturn.  No one can escape father time forever.

Peace!!!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, buno67 said:

When was he last time you thought there was a legit 7-10 teams with a legit chance to be in the finals? You have known since James was in his prime it was his team making it out of the east. After that you thought it was Spurs or Lakers truly coming out of the west with now being GSW. You say you miss the times of 7-10teams had chances of winning but there has now never been a season in recent memory when we thought 7-10 had a chance. It’s always be 2-4 teams. With the Mavs being the exception in ‘11

This.

The NBA has always been a league with a handful of true contenders.

2 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

This.

It’s all about the teams who have the players. Name off the top5 players in the league and prolly 4 of them have a shot at the title because of their talent or surroundings talent. Heck man two teams pretty much own %50 off all nba titles. It’s why tanking is such a critical move. You want a chance to win, you need to get your hands on the best potential player or get extremely lucky like GSW 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, buno67 said:
2 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

This.

It’s all about the teams who have the players. Name off the top5 players in the league and prolly 4 of them have a shot at the title because of their talent or surroundings talent. Heck man two teams pretty much own %50 off all nba titles. It’s why tanking is such a critical move. You want a chance to win, you need to get your hands on the best potential player or get extremely lucky like GSW 

It's too bad the NBA doesn't have a Franchise/Transition tag like the NFL so superstar players can't just leave a team to make super teams.

Peace!!!

2 hours ago, cortes02 said:

It's too bad the NBA doesn't have a Franchise/Transition tag like the NFL so superstar players can't just leave a team to make super teams.

Peace!!!

I like the open market that it allows.  I just wish there was a way to distribute the talent a little more.  Maybe only allow 1 max contract or something like that.  I think you'd see more players going to play for smaller market teams trying to get that max contract. 

Or maybe allowing one veteran max (signed more than two contracts, 7+ years in the league) and one contract max player (a player on their second contract).  That might disperse the talent pool a little better.  But the salary cap is a joke.

• FGK changed the title to Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck