Cavaliers Thread: We Don’t Suck Again!

LETSGOBROWNIES

13 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Then it will be Boston and Philly who will be coming into their own.

GS could win titles for the foreseeable future and go down as the greatest team in the modern era if egos can be kept in check and guys are willing to settle for less. 

I agree completely.

If they can remain content with their role(s), keep those ego's in check, and settle for less money, then I don't see anyone/anything stopping them for a LONG time, except for an occasional year where another team catches lightning in a bottle or injuries derail that opportunity.

• Like 1

With the season officially over, the FO has to focus on building a team that can keep LeBron here. Playing around, I thought of an idea that would help do that. Let the dreams begin...

Cavs Receive - Kawhi Leonard, Pau Gasol, Dennis Schroeder

Spurs Receive - Kevin Love, George Hill, Cedi Osman, 8th pick

Hawks Receive - Jordan Clarkson, Larry Nance, Ante Zizic, Brandon Paul, Future Cavs pick

Edited by FEARtheELF

I'm not sure LeBron is gone as much as most of you.  He has stated this decision will be based on his family.  I believe it was his wife who played a big role in him coming back because she wanted to be back in Ohio.  I think the only real competition that Cleveland has is LA. 

That being said, whether he goes or not, I think they need to let Love go.  I'm a big fan of his but I don't see us winning anything with him now.  Also, they need to unload Tristan Thompson, Larry Nance is just as good if not better than Thompson.  JR Smith should already be gone, but I guess we will wait to see if that ship sails. 

They could make some decent moves and this team could be competitive with or without Lebron (not nearly as competitive) depending on the draft.  My hope is still 1. Porter or 2. Sexton. 

23 minutes ago, OttoGrahamsGhost said:

I'm not sure LeBron is gone as much as most of you.  He has stated this decision will be based on his family.  I believe it was his wife who played a big role in him coming back because she wanted to be back in Ohio.  I think the only real competition that Cleveland has is LA. 

That being said, whether he goes or not, I think they need to let Love go.  I'm a big fan of his but I don't see us winning anything with him now.  Also, they need to unload Tristan Thompson, Larry Nance is just as good if not better than Thompson.  JR Smith should already be gone, but I guess we will wait to see if that ship sails. 

They could make some decent moves and this team could be competitive with or without Lebron (not nearly as competitive) depending on the draft.  My hope is still 1. Porter or 2. Sexton. 

Easier said than done. I do like Thompson, but he's definitely overpaid.

Sources close to Lebron confirm he will meet with the Cavs on Wednesday to inform the team of his plans for free agency. 

This is from bleacher report 

This has me thinking he’s staying. If it’s before the draft and free agency that gives us time to move the pick and players. For another superstar and create plan to compete next year. 

Just praying that James can recruit PG to Cleveland for a S&T. It be the best play, it gives Cleveland a legit #2 again and it can ship out a big contract. It be a great way to get rid of the JR Smith or Hill contract or TT. I would still be hesitant to trade TT just yet tho. I could careless about his contract unless it’s keeping the Cavs over the cap. With Lebron and PG on the team, they will be over it anyways. 

7 hours ago, bosko1616 said:

Sources close to Lebron confirm he will meet with the Cavs on Wednesday to inform the team of his plans for free agency. 

This is from bleacher report 

This has me thinking he’s staying. If it’s before the draft and free agency that gives us time to move the pick and players. For another superstar and create plan to compete next year. 

It could be that, and I hope its that, or it could be him wanting to let them know he intends to sign elsewhere so they don't do moves that screw themselves in the event he leaves. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, H2ThaIzzo said:

It could be that, and I hope its that, or it could be him wanting to let them know he intends to sign elsewhere so they don't do moves that screw themselves in the event he leaves. 

Does he tell the team that early tho? He only told the Cavs the first time around about an hour before the decision and he told Miami late in the FA process as well. 

Hopefully he tells them he is coming back and wants to give them the time to go after and make some moves. The sooner he says he is saying, the more time the FOs has at making moves to better the team 

4 hours ago, buno67 said:

Just praying that James can recruit PG to Cleveland for a S&T. It be the best play, it gives Cleveland a legit #2 again and it can ship out a big contract. It be a great way to get rid of the JR Smith or Hill contract or TT. I would still be hesitant to trade TT just yet tho. I could careless about his contract unless it’s keeping the Cavs over the cap. With Lebron and PG on the team, they will be over it anyways. 

TT I think stays here. I don't think any team wants to take on the length of that deal. Hill, Smith, Korver have great contracts that should absolutely be valuable assets. 

4 minutes ago, H2ThaIzzo said:

TT I think stays here. I don't think any team wants to take on the length of that deal. Hill, Smith, Korver have great contracts that should absolutely be valuable assets. 

It’s only 2 more years. He is a UFA in the 2020. So the length isn’t that bad. After a season he is a one year deal expiring so he could be a trade bait for another team. So who knows. 

Smiths contract is the same length as TTs but $3m less. 

The best contract is hills tho because it’s $20m but it’s only $1m guaranteed. His will make for great trade bait 

1 hour ago, buno67 said:

It’s only 2 more years. He is a UFA in the 2020. So the length isn’t that bad. After a season he is a one year deal expiring so he could be a trade bait for another team. So who knows. 

Smiths contract is the same length as TTs but $3m less. 

The best contract is hills tho because it’s $20m but it’s only $1m guaranteed. His will make for great trade bait 

Smith's only has 3.8m guaranteed in the final year. Korver 3.5 mil. So between those 3 guys, you've got about 41 mil in contracts with only 8ish guaranteed. TT's is fully guaranteed, that's the big difference.