Cavaliers Thread: We Don’t Suck Again!

LETSGOBROWNIES

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

Why is Golden State mentioned with Lebron? Literally the only way that happens is if they trade Klay, Draymond, and Iggy.

Mainstream media gets a hard on for any move that puts Bron in a major market and out of Cleveland. This is just the beginning. Having said that, As much as I can't stand DG, That is about the best deal we would be able to get for LeBron, getting KT, DG, and a pick or two. They'd keep Iggy. The thing is Klay is a UFA after this season, and I highly doubt he would re-sign with us. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, H2ThaIzzo said:

Smith's only has 3.8m guaranteed in the final year. Korver 3.5 mil. So between those 3 guys, you've got about 41 mil in contracts with only 8ish guaranteed. TT's is fully guaranteed, that's the big difference. 

Ok that makes sense. I didn’t know that about Smith’s. Damn that makes his contract almost as great as Hills

• Like 1

1 hour ago, H2ThaIzzo said:

Mainstream media gets a hard on for any move that puts Bron in a major market and out of Cleveland. This is just the beginning. Having said that, As much as I can't stand DG, That is about the best deal we would be able to get for LeBron, getting KT, DG, and a pick or two. They'd keep Iggy. The thing is Klay is a UFA after this season, and I highly doubt he would re-sign with us. 

Meh.

Klay could want to be “the guy” and get paid like one after already having won 3 titles.

If LeBron leaves and wants to go to Philly there are a couple things I would like to see happen..

1. Trade Love to Memphis for #4 and Parsons

2. Trade between LAC and POR. CLE Receives, #13 via LAC, Evan Turner, LAC receive Hill, #24 via POR, 2020 top 10 protected from CLE, POR receive DeAndre Jordan

3. Trade James and Korver to Philly for #10, Bayless, and Fultz

Leaves us with 4,8,10,13

Edited by FEARtheELF
  • Like 2

On 6/13/2018 at 1:07 AM, BleedTheClock said:

In the words of Phil Savage...."____ ___, go root for Golden State"

9/10

Bonus points if you could have incorporated (on JaMarcus Russell)

"He will be absolutely fantastic in this league", and if you could have referenced JT was a nice consolation prize since Oakland turned down his trade offer to move up to get him...

Unrealistic Cavs off-season

Charlotte Gets:                                 Cleveland Gets:
8th Overall                                         Kemba Walker
JR Smith                                       

San Antonio Gets:                              Cleveland Gets:                         Memphis Gets: 
4th Overall                                           Kawhi Leonard                          Kevin Love
Ante Zizic                                            Chandler Parsons                                         
George Hill (Effectively Expiring and Pop LOVES Hill) 

PG: Kemba Waker // Clarkson
SG: Rodney Hood // Korver
SF: Kawhi Leonard // Chandler Parsons // Cedi Osman
PF: Lebron James // Jeff Green
C:  Tristan Thompson // Larry Nance Jr

Memphis can trade Love for players to help their team
One has to hope Clarkson at least can learn to play some defense this off-season and work on catching and shooting and Parsons can play a few minutes without getting injured. 

Edited by ohiogenius
  • Like 1

I don't want to see us give Clarkson away. I was reading up on him and Luke Walton was giving a lot of credit to Clarkson for the Lakers improving their defense before he got traded. His problem at times is he is too aggressive, and goes for the steal rather than sticking on his man and using his length to help him defend. As far as he goes offensively, after the trade he become more efficient for us on fewer attempts. His FG% rose to nearly 46%, and he knocked down 40% from 3. 

7 hours ago, H2ThaIzzo said:

I don't want to see us give Clarkson away. I was reading up on him and Luke Walton was giving a lot of credit to Clarkson for the Lakers improving their defense before he got traded. His problem at times is he is too aggressive, and goes for the steal rather than sticking on his man and using his length to help him defend. As far as he goes offensively, after the trade he become more efficient for us on fewer attempts. His FG% rose to nearly 46%, and he knocked down 40% from 3. 

Coaches always talk up their players or ex players. Never read too much into that. Clarkson is a selfish idiot who should be removed from any playoff team. 

32 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Coaches always talk up their players or ex players. Never read too much into that. Clarkson is a selfish idiot who should be removed from any playoff team. 

He’s a black hole offensively.

Realistically there’s definitely a role for a guy like Clarkson during the regular season, but come playoff time you have to play sound defense and you can’t take a bunch of bad shots.

If someone wants Clarkson they can have him iyam.

• Like 1