Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck

LETSGOBROWNIES

9 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

It’s because of RJ Barrett, Cameron Reddish, and Nassir Little

Yeah, I think folks mean stacked in the sense that the top 3-5 has the potential to be really good, whereas this year was stacked in the sense that the top 15ish all have serious potential. So, this year was a deep draft with impact (Doncic/Ayton), next year is looking more like an impact draft with little depth.

4 hours ago, FEARtheELF said:

its top 10 protected to the hawks i think from the Korver deal.

And Lebron is gonna f us up for the long term by staying another year. 

The pick is also protected for 2020 but if we’re gonna blow this up we need to do it now so we can have a pick next year high and get some value with Love. 

14 minutes ago, brownie man said:

And Lebron is gonna f us up for the long term by staying another year. 

The pick is also protected for 2020 but if we’re gonna blow this up we need to do it now so we can have a pick next year high and get some value with Love. 

Lol I’d rather have LeBron one more year.

• Like 2

Thanks gents @candyman93 @freakygeniuskid

As far as Lebron staying or going I almost don’t care. Would love him to stay so we could lose to GS in the finals. But dangit it’s fun to be there. I also don’t mind a rebuild it makes college ball that much more exciting. I personally get sick of this same drama crap he pulls every dang year. Just freaking tell people what you’re doing. 

Cant lie I love how the front office is handling it. They’re doing their thing regardless of what he’ll do. We won’t be left high and dry this time around. Love the young talent they’re bringing in. 

21 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

Zion Williamson isn't even good. He's just a dynamic athlete. He's a 6'6 PF that can't stretch the floor. He's just a spectacular play creator and that's about it. There is a 0% chance he goes #1 overall in a draft as stacked as next year's.

There’s a lot of athletic freaks who can’t shoot at his age who either grow into it or develop other parts of their games. Like Ginnis or Simmons. They can’t shoot a lick but their size and athleticism makes them matchup nightmares. He’s only 6’6 but he’s 270. That’s insane. Put him at SG and let him abuse other guards. The shooting will come around later in his career.  He’s never had to shoot before. He’s been working on it lately and it's looked pretty nice in scrimmages. Just have to give him time. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

There’s a lot of athletic freaks who can’t shoot at his age who either grow into it or develop other parts of their games. Like Ginnis or Simmons. They can’t shoot a lick but their size and athleticism makes them matchup nightmares. He’s only 6’6 but he’s 270. That’s insane. Put him at SG and let him abuse other guards. The shooting will come around later in his career.  He’s never had to shoot before. He’s been working on it lately and it's looked pretty nice in scrimmages. Just have to give him time. 

Agreed. 6’6” and 270 with his athleticism is nuts.

7 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

He'd score if they kept a SG on him defensively (doubtful), but he's not defending any 2-guards in the NBA at that size. He'd get roasted on defense. I know guys develop their skills, but more times than not, they don't. Very few guys come into the league with major deficiencies and eventually turn them into strengths. He's simply murdering smaller and weaker competition right now. I don't even think he has a great collegiate career. I've fallen in love with these superfreak undersized PF's before and gotten burned. Not sure what makes him better than a fatter shorter Tyrus Thomas right now. 

3 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

He'd score if they kept a SG on him defensively (doubtful), but he's not defending any 2-guards in the NBA at that size. He'd get roasted on defense. I know guys develop their skills, but more times than not, they don't. Very few guys come into the league with major deficiencies and eventually turn them into strengths. He's simply murdering smaller and weaker competition right now. I don't even think he has a great collegiate career. I've fallen in love with these superfreak undersized PF's before and gotten burned. Not sure what makes him better than a fatter shorter Tyrus Thomas right now. 

Tyrus Thomas? 4 inches and 40lbs. Physically they’re nothing alike.

He doesn’t need to become a blazer to be effective, just a reasonably reliable jumper, which many guys have developed.

I don’t think Zion is the next face of the league or anything, but I think he’ll be good.

7 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

Why is he going to get roasted on defense? He’s pretty nibble for his size. Hell dudes much lighter get torched on defense too. It doesn’t have to do with size. He’s not a stiff. 

• FGK changed the title to Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck