Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck

LETSGOBROWNIES

12 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Tyrus Thomas? 4 inches and 40lbs. Physically they’re nothing alike.

He doesn’t need to become a blazer to be effective, just a reasonably reliable jumper, which many guys have developed.

I don’t think Zion is the next face of the league or anything, but I think he’ll be good.

Do you think he's going to score in the paint in the NBA? I see him as a highlight dunker who will be kept out of the paint due to his lack of size. Relegated to a jump shooter in the half court, making him essentially useless unless you're out on the break. He plays exactly the way Tyrus Thomas did. Yeah he's heavier and shorter, but they both could only win in virtually the same exact way--fast break dunks and an occasional pick & roll.

10 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

Do you think he's going to score in the paint in the NBA? I see him as a highlight dunker who will be kept out of the paint due to his lack of size. Relegated to a jump shooter in the half court, making him essentially useless unless you're out on the break. He plays exactly the way Tyrus Thomas did. Yeah he's heavier and shorter, but they both could only win in virtually the same exact way--fast break dunks and an occasional pick & roll.

I think he could bully most players in the post, sure.

He’s going to need to develop a reliable jumper, no one is denying that, but he’s 18, that can come in time. If he can hit a corner 3 he’s an effective player. 

At 18-19 you’re not drafting a finished product, just a moldable piece.

28 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I think he could bully most players in the post, sure.

He’s going to need to develop a reliable jumper, no one is denying that, but he’s 18, that can come in time. If he can hit a corner 3 he’s an effective player. 

At 18-19 you’re not drafting a finished product, just a moldable piece.

Yeah in the NBA you are drafting the player with the most potential. It’s such a crap shoot that you need to draft the guy with the most upside. Still wish in ‘13 they would of drafted Antetokounmpo. But that would of been a major reach at the time

19 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Idk, his past teammates hated him it seems, almost universally.

If he signs with the Cavs it would be on a cheap deal. So if he doesn’t get his crap together around Lebron, dude would be cut. I would hate to see him go to the Warriors and actually straighten out a little like McGhee did and become a very useful player for them

• Like 3

Just now, buno67 said:

If he signs with the Cavs it would be on a cheap deal. So if he doesn’t get his crap together around Lebron, dude would be cut. I would hate to see him go to the Warriors and actually straighten out a little like McGhee did and become a very useful player for them

I hear ya, and I get it, and I don’t even disagree, it’s just crazy how much people seem to dislike him.

Can someone really change THAT much?  Idk... 

4 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Javale hasn’t straightened out. He just has an incredibly short leash. 

Besides Lebron doesn’t like Dwight. Not happening. He’ll probably go to Boston. 

6 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Javale hasn’t straightened out. He just has an incredibly short leash. 

Besides Lebron doesn’t like Dwight. Not happening. He’ll probably go to Boston. 

He before he has no leash. He never reach his potential but he has at least make a splash here or there for short minutes a game. 

Lebron doesn’t like Dwight but might like a player like him on his team tho. Dwight would be huge for our defense. Lebron would set aside his feelings if it makes the team better I believe 

3 hours ago, buno67 said:

He before he has no leash. He never reach his potential but he has at least make a splash here or there for short minutes a game. 

Lebron doesn’t like Dwight but might like a player like him on his team tho. Dwight would be huge for our defense. Lebron would set aside his feelings if it makes the team better I believe 

Hopefully, but I'm not so sure about that...

15 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Who are we calling his guys? 

JR and Tristan are the specifically terrible players he pretty much strongarmed us into re-signing. At the time, I was fine with Tristan's deal. He was young and looked to be a perfect player to combat Golden State with his rebounding and switching ability. But the JR Smith one made no sense to me. He was horrendously inconsistent and clearly on the downswing of his career. Giving him the contract we did was absolutely putrid. I never liked what a black hole he was on offense. The second he touched the ball he chucked up garbage shots. Sometimes they went in, but most of the time it just crippled the offense.

LeBron has never been on a well-constructed TEAM. He's had great players along with him, but there has yet to be a roster comprised of great coaching, great stars, and great role players that he's been on. A lot of that is his fault both in play style and in who he wants on the floor with him. I would love to see him on a team surrounded by sharpshooters where they actually run multiple sets per 24 second clock. Or for Christ's sake, get LeBron's giant behind in the freaking post where he would be destroying literally anyone in the NBA.

I love LeBron. Favorite all-time athlete probably. But it drives me crazy that he could/should be better than he is, despite being at least one of the best 2 players of all-time.

5 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

JR and Tristan are the specifically terrible players he pretty much strongarmed us into re-signing. At the time, I was fine with Tristan's deal. He was young and looked to be a perfect player to combat Golden State with his rebounding and switching ability. But the JR Smith one made no sense to me. He was horrendously inconsistent and clearly on the downswing of his career. Giving him the contract we did was absolutely putrid. I never liked what a black hole he was on offense. The second he touched the ball he chucked up garbage shots. Sometimes they went in, but most of the time it just crippled the offense.

LeBron has never been on a well-constructed TEAM. He's had great players along with him, but there has yet to be a roster comprised of great coaching, great stars, and great role players that he's been on. A lot of that is his fault both in play style and in who he wants on the floor with him. I would love to see him on a team surrounded by sharpshooters where they actually run multiple sets per 24 second clock. Or for Christ's sake, get LeBron's giant behind in the freaking post where he would be destroying literally anyone in the NBA.

I love LeBron. Favorite all-time athlete probably. But it drives me crazy that he could/should be better than he is, despite being at least one of the best 2 players of all-time.

JR was huge in the title right.

crippled the offense? What offense? Crippled the James and Irving ISO show?

yeah James would destroy in the paint but that would be a load on his body. If the refs called him fair, maybe he would be a post up player but he refs don’t call him fair so being the in post doesn’t really work for him. He doesn’t need to live there. I think that’s why he has been able to play so long and so healthy. He gets abused when he drives but he doesn’t get beat up all the time. If he was always posting up and trying to back down bigs he could easily take advantage of, they would make up what they lack in skill/ability and just be extra physical with him

• FGK changed the title to Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck