Cavaliers Thread: We Don’t Suck Again!

LETSGOBROWNIES

Snippet from Vardon’s athletic article 

25. Look, if you’re going to be young, like, really young, and draft three players in the first round, so they’ll be on guaranteed contracts, and start two guards under the age of 21, you might as well hire a coach who’s used to working with players just like them. That’s Beilein. This is why he’s here, to shepherd them into adulthood as NBA talent. Altman said it’s been a major asset to have Beilein in on pre-draft meetings with prospects, and to have Beilein making calls to college coaches for information. He’s never coached in the NBA at any capacity and is 66 — neither of which is any concern.

26. “The motivation is to give coach Beilein young talent from the start to develop those guys and we want to utilize coach Beilein right now and give him youthful guys that he can develop right now,” Altman said. “That’s the motivation to bring in three first-round picks — right now.”

Edited by buno67
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, candyman93 said:

It gives me comfort that we will be patient and let Beilein develop the young guys. Other than Love, every old guy is gone next year.

Agreed, and I actually like that there will be some veteran guys on the team this year to teach the young guys how to be pros and with the pace of the NBA game. Collin looked so much better when Love returned.

• Like 1

It's unfortunate that Cleveland isn't a Free Agent destination spot. If It was, I can guarantee we could have cleared enough cap space with all of the 1 year contracts on the roster & we would have found someone to trade for Love to sign at least 2 max contracts.

Peace!!!

4 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Would you guys go after Draymond Green next offseason?

Absolutely. The best defender in the game with a nice drive and kick game. He’s incredible. Issue is would he go all out in regular season games for a rebuilding team. I have my doubts. He doesn’t do that for the warriors anymore. 

On 6/18/2019 at 5:29 PM, freakygeniuskid said:

(On Garland being the pick even with Sexton) I think he still is. This early in the rebuild you don't worry about the fit for the finished product in three years. You get the best people period.

You may give me my prophet's robes now.

32 minutes ago, bigben07MVP said:

Lmao that Draymond coming here was even mentioned. We would literally be the last city he would come to even if we gave him our entire salary cap.

He and Gilbert have a good relationship. And there might not be many teams willing to max him when he’s almost 30.