Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck

LETSGOBROWNIES

43 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

He has a lot more defensive potential. 

Sexton’s defensive ceiling might be Lou Williams. 

if Sexton has defensive potential, so does Love. Dude showed absolutely no defensive potential last year for about 95% of the season

14 minutes ago, buno67 said:

if Sexton has defensive potential, so does Love. Dude showed absolutely no defensive potential last year for about 95% of the season

99% of rookies suck on defense. He has shown flashes with his athletic ability that he can defend. And once he learns what he’s doing he will be better. He did a great job of guard RJ last night who’s got about 5 inches on him. 

28 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Colins been great on defense most of the year. His defensive ceiling can be Pat Beverly.

Sexton just has that dog in him that you dont see from many people. 

Hes clutch AF. Even in his bad games this year he always made crucial shot in the 4th when we needed it. This is coming from a guy who couldnt shoot going into the draft. 

Garland is a natural at point but man I wish we had someone built like a Jrue Holiday to run with Colin. That would be a nasty defensive back court. 

• Like 1

Also we are the 7th seed in the East and tomorrow Horford is out and Simmons is questionable. Might be at .500

What we need is a defensive big who can stay on the court. Henson was awkward moving but effective in that role but keeps getting injured. 

A trade idea I was thinking about was Brandon Knight + Alfonzo McKinnie for Bismack Biyombo. 

Once Windler comes back, Knight will effectively be the 7th guard and will get no playing time anyway. We need someone who can give TT some rest and can cover up for Nance and Loves atrocious effort on defense. If for nothing else but to have some able big bodies when we go against 76ers, Raptors and Milwaukee. 

32 minutes ago, OhioG said:

Also we are the 7th seed in the East and tomorrow Horford is out and Simmons is questionable. Might be at .500

What we need is a defensive big who can stay on the court. Henson was awkward moving but effective in that role but keeps getting injured. 

A trade idea I was thinking about was Brandon Knight + Alfonzo McKinnie for Bismack Biyombo. 

Once Windler comes back, Knight will effectively be the 7th guard and will get no playing time anyway. We need someone who can give TT some rest and can cover up for Nance and Loves atrocious effort on defense. If for nothing else but to have some able big bodies when we go against 76ers, Raptors and Milwaukee. 

God no. I think we can do better than bizmack

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I’m not sure off the top of my head but I’d rather keep those expirings than use them on biz who’s complete garbage. 

Even with that trade we would have 35M in expirings (Henson, Delly, Clarkson, Zizic) not counting TTs 18M

I cant fathom giving 15 mil to Knight to not play than roughly the same for Biyambo who can give 5-10 min a night and get you some rebounding, defense and the every 7th game where he gives 10-15 points

5 hours ago, OhioG said:

Colins been great on defense most of the year. His defensive ceiling can be Pat Beverly.

Sexton just has that dog in him that you dont see from many people. 

Hes clutch AF. Even in his bad games this year he always made crucial shot in the 4th when we needed it. This is coming from a guy who couldnt shoot going into the draft. 

Garland is a natural at point but man I wish we had someone built like a Jrue Holiday to run with Colin. That would be a nasty defensive back court. 

Garland moves almost identical to Kyrie Irving and its creepy. Some of the dribble moves he does and his layup package have caught me on a few occasions thinking that was Kyrie.

He is 19 years old, I have no doubt he will put on some size in the next 2-3 years as he body grows more. 

So triggered that we didn’t give Sexton the ball on those last two possessions. Why is Jordan Clarkson our go to last possession guy? Sexton is the leading scorer of this team and deserves a shot to win the game imo  And k love you have to make that shot. Oh well hard fought game, this team is fun to watch 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, bigben07MVP said:

So triggered that we didn’t give Sexton the ball on those last two possessions. Why is Jordan Clarkson our go to last possession guy? Sexton is the leading scorer of this team and deserves a shot to win the game imo  And k love you have to make that shot. Oh well hard fought game, this team is fun to watch 

I've really enjoyed the games I've caught this year, including this one.

I hope they find a taker for Clarkson later in the seasons, because I agree that Sexton needs to be the end of game guard to see how he grows into it.

I think Sexton can definitely be a #4 guy on a championship team someday. Maybe more. He gives effort on off ball defense which makes me think he will continue to improve his on-ball defense. And he's good enough at most everything else that he can absolutely be the 3rd option type guy with a couple superstars (Malcom Brogdon for a Giannis). 

Perfect game. We played really well and still maintain our pick. All I want this year, freaking fun to watch and get that lottery pick. These cats are fun to watch, they’re scrappy play as a team. 

You Cleveland cats that don’t watch basketball better jump on board now. Really good coaching and fun as heck to watch. Oh and Windler is winding up with great shooting. 

• Like 1

• FGK changed the title to Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck