Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck

LETSGOBROWNIES

7 hours ago, NateDawg said:

Defense is mostly effort. Sexton/Garland is a nightmare at guard defensively. 

There are very few guys this team should try to keep going forward. 

We need length everywhere on this team. Going forward, I would not even consider drafting a player that isn't known for having excellent length and athleticism. Fill the roster with lengthy defenders that can run and figure out the rest later.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, NateDawg said:

Defense is mostly effort. Sexton/Garland is a nightmare at guard defensively. 

There are very few guys this team should try to keep going forward. 

How many 19-20 years are good defenders though?  

And those who are decent, typically that’s what they’re known for and their offensive skills are limited.

Not too many 20 year olds are able to play both ends well in the NBA.

1 hour ago, bruceb said:

Do not understand the Garland hate.

Very nice stat line tonight.

He passes the eye test to me.  His ceiling is as far as his shot will take him, which I think will be improved when he's in better shape next season.  He's definitely way too skilled to go the Bennett route bust, and I'd be surprised if he's not a starting PG for a while in the league.  And he doesn't have the selfish gene that somebody like Waiters had that can sink your team.

As with Sexton, there isn't really a guy who anybody was considering as an option in the draft who is just dusting him right now and making us look like idiots.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Rod Johnson said:

As with Sexton, there isn't really a guy who anybody was considering as an option in the draft who is just dusting him right now and making us look like idiots.

Idk, some people wanted Mikal Bridges and some wanted Shai from Kentucky cause he had that great length as a PG and I would say those two have played better than Sexton. They might be playing better cause they are also in a more favorable positions. I think a lot of rookies might struggle in Cleveland until they get lucky and get some who is truly talented

Edited by buno67

Hate on Garland is stupid. He’s raw but has a super smooth game. He can be as good as 2nd year Steph. In a re-draft would I take him 5th? No, but he’d go top 10 for sure. 

KPJ is our best prospect. I’d start him at 2 and move Sexton to bench as Super 6th man. Sexton’s game doesn’t work effectively when playing with the rest of your teams best players. He should play with bench guys and dominate ball keeping offense flowing. Garlands game is more adaptable and he’s a good passer and shooter. 

I think the hope is Garland turns into something like 2nd year Steph when he hits his prime. KPJ has insane potential though. He’s the guy to build around

Sexton is good but he plays a style that doesn’t rely on teammates and often holds them back which is why he needs to be a 6th man. 

• Like 3

• FGK changed the title to Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck