Cavaliers Thread: We Don’t Suck Again!

LETSGOBROWNIES

1 hour ago, FGK said:

Here's my quick breakdown:

First and most important, Woj had it flipped. He keeps tweeting that we sent out OUR 2022 1st via Milwaukee. It is, obviously, the other way around. We are sending MILWAUKEE's 2022 first. We still have ours.

Jarrett Allen - Best hair in the league. Blocks shots with his hair. Big advantage. He's a solid rotation piece. Traditional center, so he doesn't help us this year a ton, but he's likely the starter next year once Drummond moves on. If not, he's a backup who has a similar skillset so you don't lose Drummond's rebounding when he's off the court. And he's still VERY young (only 22) for the fact that he's been in the league 4 years already. He's also improved his scoring and rebounding numbers every single year DESPITE taking fewer shots per game each year too (he stopped trying to take 3s cause he couldn't hit them and got more consistent at finishing around the rim.)

Taurean Prince - One of the best takedowns of a stupid reporter question ever after Baylor was eliminated from the tournament a few years back. He's an okay backup wing. Hits 35% on 3s this year, 37% or so for his career. He had really solid years for Atlanta in 17-18 and 18-19 but hasn't been as good with Brooklyn since. 

Both guys are younger rotation players. My guess is they think they can rehabilitate Prince's career  (I guess our FO thinks our shooting coaches can improve anybody's shot) and flip him to a contender middle of this year for a comparable pick to the Milwaukee one that we are giving up. Then they get Allen for free.

I'm fine with the trade. Once Giannis resigned with Milwaukee that pick lost most of its value. I think Allen and Prince is solid value for it at this point. (Exum is a salary dump. He never bounced back enough to net us even a 2nd round pick for moving him.) 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atr60tR7Emo

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

I feel like Nets are favorites now.

If anything I feel the opposite. I liked them more before the trade (assuming they'd use a couple of the picks they gave up here to get some more depth as the season went along). 

Kyrie, Durant, and Harden are all superstar offensive players. But two of them are proven chemistry issues and all of them have astronomical career usage rates. I have trouble seeing how they share the ball in a way that maximizes all of their values.

• Like 2

Just now, FGK said:

Kyrie, Durant, and Harden are all superstar offensive players. But two of them are proven chemistry issues and all of them have astronomical career usage rates. I have trouble seeing how they share the ball in a way that maximizes all of their values.

I trust Durant to be a complete team player out of those 3. He showed in Golden State he can be.

I think Kyrie will be most willing to change, because he learned how to be more efficient with Lebron and Love.

Harden is an entirely different problem though.

3 hours ago, FGK said:

Here's my quick breakdown:

First and most important, Woj had it flipped. He keeps tweeting that we sent out OUR 2022 1st via Milwaukee. It is, obviously, the other way around. We are sending MILWAUKEE's 2022 first. We still have ours.

Jarrett Allen - Best hair in the league. Blocks shots with his hair. Big advantage. He's a solid rotation piece. Traditional center, so he doesn't help us this year a ton, but he's likely the starter next year once Drummond moves on. If not, he's a backup who has a similar skillset so you don't lose Drummond's rebounding when he's off the court. And he's still VERY young (only 22) for the fact that he's been in the league 4 years already. He's also improved his scoring and rebounding numbers every single year DESPITE taking fewer shots per game each year too (he stopped trying to take 3s cause he couldn't hit them and got more consistent at finishing around the rim.)

Taurean Prince - One of the best takedowns of a stupid reporter question ever after Baylor was eliminated from the tournament a few years back. He's an okay backup wing. Hits 35% on 3s this year, 37% or so for his career. He had really solid years for Atlanta in 17-18 and 18-19 but hasn't been as good with Brooklyn since. 

Both guys are younger rotation players. My guess is they think they can rehabilitate Prince's career  (I guess our FO thinks our shooting coaches can improve anybody's shot) and flip him to a contender middle of this year for a comparable pick to the Milwaukee one that we are giving up. Then they get Allen for free.

I'm fine with the trade. Once Giannis resigned with Milwaukee that pick lost most of its value. I think Allen and Prince is solid value for it at this point. (Exum is a salary dump. He never bounced back enough to net us even a 2nd round pick for moving him.) 

I think you're underselling how good Allen actually is.  More than likely they'll try to find a way to move Drummond though and look to keep Allen as a long term piece to pair with the young core since he'd fit the timeline age wise, though he'll need to get paid this offseason.  Plus he's a low usage big which means he's that much more valuable to the Cavs than someone like Drummond who wants to have a higher usage.

13 hours ago, candyman93 said:

I trust Durant to be a complete team player out of those 3. He showed in Golden State he can be.

I think Kyrie will be most willing to change, because he learned how to be more efficient with Lebron and Love.

Harden is an entirely different problem though.

Kyrie isn’t changing anything. He’s not the person he was in Cleveland. He’s not taking a backseat to anyone. He just won’t pass if he doesn’t want to. Harden is and has always been better than Kyrie. A motivated harden is a top 5 player who can carry a team to the playoffs on his own. And KD can fit with anyone.  Harden and KD will be impossible to stop. Kyrie will hold them back. I can see him traded. 

17 hours ago, Raves said:

I think you're underselling how good Allen actually is.  More than likely they'll try to find a way to move Drummond though and look to keep Allen as a long term piece to pair with the young core since he'd fit the timeline age wise, though he'll need to get paid this offseason.  Plus he's a low usage big which means he's that much more valuable to the Cavs than someone like Drummond who wants to have a higher usage.

You're probably right. I didn't want to oversell, but yeah, he's likely our starting center next year and like you mentioned, the low usage/high efficiency fits really well when you have two high usage guards in Garland/Sexton.