Cavaliers Thread: We Don’t Suck Again!

LETSGOBROWNIES

43 minutes ago, cortes02 said:

I know other posters have said that Mobley is pretty much just a Center but is it truly out of the realm of possibility that he can turn into a great Power Forward? It looks as if he has the mobility and shooting mechanics to do it.  I understand that Jarrett Allen isn't an all NBA Center but I think he has talent and I would like to see the Cavaliers at least try Allen & Mobley together to see if there is any chance whatsoever that they could catch lightning in a bottle.

Peace!!!

He’s not a PF if you want a modernized offense. They could play together a little but it would greatly reduce the dynamic of the offense. 

2 hours ago, cortes02 said:

I know other posters have said that Mobley is pretty much just a Center but is it truly out of the realm of possibility that he can turn into a great Power Forward? It looks as if he has the mobility and shooting mechanics to do it.  I understand that Jarrett Allen isn't an all NBA Center but I think he has talent and I would like to see the Cavaliers at least try Allen & Mobley together to see if there is any chance whatsoever that they could catch lightning in a bottle.

Peace!!!

He'd have to improve his shooting, but he has the athleticism to do it.  He will probably be a 4 his rookie year because of his weight anyways.

24 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

He'd have to improve his shooting, but he has the athleticism to do it.  He will probably be a 4 his rookie year because of his weight anyway

Him playing the 4 is dependent on his shooting ability to develop. If he can learn to shoot and can draw out to the defense to the perimeter he can play PF with Allen at C.

The problem comes with if Mobley never develops a jumper and has to slide to center. Allen might have to be traded at that point.

But yes, because of his athletic profile right now, he is definitely going to play PF for a season or two until his jumper gets decided.

1 hour ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

He’s nothing like Capella. Probably bosh with a less polished defensive game coming out. 

he's better defensively than Bosh ever was. Bosh never had the ability to switch and defend multiple positions the way Mobley has shown. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, H2ThaIzzo said:

he's better defensively than Bosh ever was. Bosh never had the ability to switch and defend multiple positions the way Mobley has shown. 

Yeah, I was gonna say realistically Bosh with less OFFENSIVE polish out of the gate but more defensive versatility.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, big poppa pump said:

What's the comp. for Mobley?  Capella with more upside?

I would absolutely take that!!!!

He is far more skilled than Capella, though far less physical at the same time. A lot of Mobleys success is going to depend on if he can add some weight and learn how to be a physical presence, not just a finesse big that gets pushed around in the paint. Also, the development of his jumper ala Jokic who can shoot it at 3pt range with confidence. 

Mobley is by no means a garaunteed type of prospect. He is moreso a extremely raw and talented prospect that needs to 'evolve' into his next form--but all of the pieces are there.

Another comparison I dont think Ive seen anybody mention is Pau Gasol, who is similar to Bosh but had better passing ability. Anthony Davis comp. seems......generous. 

“If he figures it out, as far as playing hard and all that, he can be like Anthony Davis,” one NBA scout told The Times. “But that’s a huge question because he’s not that tough, he’s not that physical. He doesn’t play as hard as he should right now. But he’s talented as hell.

Edited by AkronsWitness

2 hours ago, FGK said:

Yeah, I was gonna say realistically Bosh with less OFFENSIVE polish out of the gate but more defensive versatility.

This.com

If we get Mobley I really like how this team is shaping up. He can guard the other teams best player 3-5 depending on match ups. Okoro can guard the other teams best player 1-3 depending on match ups. Love me some Garland. Salivating as we speak thinking about he and Mobley playing together 🤤

Oh and you guys need to stop thinking about how Allen fits into all this. Mobley is a superior upgrade to him. Heck he’s a superior upgrade to anything we have at the moment. And yes Mobley can easily play the 4. 

We’ll need more shooting somewhere, then I think we’re on our way. 

7 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

This.com

If we get Mobley I really like how this team is shaping up. He can guard the other teams best player 3-5 depending on match ups. Okoro can guard the other teams best player 1-3 depending on match ups. Love me some Garland. Salivating as we speak thinking about he and Mobley playing together 🤤

Oh and you guys need to stop thinking about how Allen fits into all this. Mobley is a superior upgrade to him. Heck he’s a superior upgrade to anything we have at the moment. And yes Mobley can easily play the 4. 

We’ll need more shooting somewhere, then I think we’re on our way. 

In all honesty, I compare Mobley a lot to Bam Adabayo, only he is already two inches taller than Bam, with the same ability to defend almost every position on the floor. I know Bam has some weight and muscle on him. I think the sky is going to be the limit with Mobley. 

Also, I think this is a fantastic time to be adding young talent to the team. I think what we just saw with Giannis, not only how he played and the fact that he reupped with Milwaukee, but the fact that he came out and said he wanted to be loyal to the team that took a chance on him, and the city, I think that will resonate with a lot of these younger players. Hopefully we see more of that, and less of the guys leaving to go build mega teams. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, H2ThaIzzo said:

In all honesty, I compare Mobley a lot to Bam Adabayo, only he is already two inches taller than Bam, with the same ability to defend almost every position on the floor. I know Bam has some weight and muscle on him. I think the sky is going to be the limit with Mobley. 

Also, I think this is a fantastic time to be adding young talent to the team. I think what we just saw with Giannis, not only how he played and the fact that he reupped with Milwaukee, but the fact that he came out and said he wanted to be loyal to the team that took a chance on him, and the city, I think that will resonate with a lot of these younger players. Hopefully we see more of that, and less of the guys leaving to go build mega teams. 

When coming up with a comparison I honestly keep coming back to Kevin Garnett. Yeah I know. His defense and passing abilities are very close. And a decent offensive game.

Edit:  I am not positive he has the same bulldog mentality that Garnett had. 

Edited by Bonanza23
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, H2ThaIzzo said:

Bosh absolutely could switch. That was why Miami was able to play with just him as the only big for 4 years. He was probably the best big in the league at switching. 

I am not on the Mobley bandwagon

Everyone is literally forecasting him to gain weight and develop a jumper

😂 

that’s literally a different person

hes not Chris Bosh 

Bosh didn’t have to develop the jumper was the whole point that made him such a great prospect 

give me the trade down with Orlando 5 and 8 

Kuminga plus Kai Jones 

we’ll be better off 

20 minutes ago, brownie man said:

I am not on the Mobley bandwagon

Everyone is literally forecasting him to gain weight and develop a jumper

😂

that’s literally a different person

hes not Chris Bosh 

Bosh didn’t have to develop the jumper was the whole point that made him such a great prospect 

give me the trade down with Orlando 5 and 8 

Kuminga plus Kai Jones 

we’ll be better off 

I disagree. The Cavs need the best swing they can get at a franchise talent. Kuminga/Jones are good prospects but they each have major ceiling limitation or holes in their game. 

We have enough 'B' level prospects with Garland/Sexton/Okoro--we need a 'A' level franchise difference maker and those are potentially pegged to be Cade/Suggs/Green/Mobley in this class.

• Like 2