Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck

LETSGOBROWNIES

1 hour ago, cortes02 said:

I wouldn't mind taking a chance on Markelle Fultz and trading for him.  We have nothing to lose by bringing him in.  If he flops then so be it, we're not winning any time soon any way but if he could find the talent that made him the #1 overall pick, it would be amazing.

I would like to see if the Cavaliers could possibly sign D'angelo Russell in free agency.  He is showing flashes this year of why he was a 1st round pick.

I'm wondering who Philly would want for Fultz from us. Im assuming it has to be Burks. I think if he recovers from that TOS injury, he would be either a starting PG or SG since he was a good shooter in college

I dont see Russell wanting to leave Brooklyn for us. 

6 hours ago, cortes02 said:

It was nice to see Osman do well last night. 

Ziziz seems to be a player to keep an eye on. 

If Nance Jr. could ever develop a mid range jump shot like his father, he could be a serious piece. 

I wouldn't mind taking a chance on Markelle Fultz and trading for him.  We have nothing to lose by bringing him in.  If he flops then so be it, we're not winning any time soon any way but if he could find the talent that made him the #1 overall pick, it would be amazing.

I would like to see if the Cavaliers could possibly sign D'angelo Russell in free agency.  He is showing flashes this year of why he was a 1st round pick.

Peace!!!

He’s way too late in his career to only be showing flashes. 

3 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

He’s 4 years into his career. If he was going to be special he would have by now. 

In 95% of cases I agree. If you don't flash by then, you're probably going to be out of a job. You might catch on as a role player somewhere, but very rarely do guys drag their feet for YEARS in basketball before becoming stars. I never liked Russell as a prospect and for once, I was right about an NBA prospect. He's not terrible by any means, but he's not some sort of young savior that would improve us.

And isn't the freaking point of our basketball team now to NOT try and win games? Increasing our win total by 4-5 games or whatever Russell would bring us would NOT make us better in the long run.

Plus, the Nets are in the middle of the East playoffs. They aren't trading Russell to the Cavs.

I'm perfectly content with letting every other basketball team pretend like they can beat Golden State for the next few years. I'd be trading every asset I had and my goal would be to become the first winless basketball team in NBA history. Lay low for a couple years....and then we strike. When nobody is looking.

P.S.: We have a lot of crazy OSU homers on this board. I don't even dislike OSU and they are my second favorite team behind Miami, but man do some people throw objectivity out the window.

1 hour ago, Horseunit said:

Thon Maker wants out of Milwaukee. Says he wants to play a bigger role for his next team.  Probably older then the 21 years old he's listed at, but fits the mold of a young player with untapped potential.

Was just thinking about that. Maybe a hood for maker swap. 

Hit that 10th win baby!

Cedi started strong, was still productive but fell off towards the end. However he played some good D at the end

Zizic was tired all game from the minutes. He needs to learn to box out better but solid game all things considered.

Burks played a fantastic game. Would love to keep him next year but hes really improving his value. Hood's stats are decent. 

Sexton was so awful Drew actually benched him

Larry Nance still struggling off the injury. Gotta shake off that rust.

5 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Was just thinking about that. Maybe a hood for maker swap. 

I know he is young but man I havent heard much good about think. I think thats a fair trade. Anything to get Hood off the team.

Wild game tonight boys. Tons of ball movement, our 3s were falling, some good defensive efforts early on. Then 4th quarter the Wizards turned it on and we almost went into advanced tanking. Then Cedi said SCREW THE FO, SCREW THE COACHES, im bringing this one home and proceeds to miss 2 FTs but then gets the game winning steal.

Cedi stringing along a nice set of 25+ point games. Man when he is consistent with his shooting, hes gonna be the 3rd in a big 3.

Zizic continuing to develop. Boy needs to work on catching passes though. Had some sloppy TOs.

Nance shaking off the rust looking pretty good tonight. Still want to see more 3s from him. 

Clarkson was on fire. This was his flu game. 

Sexton looks bad again. At this point, I think if we can get Zion and a good PG (Mike Conley Jr. with our expirings + Sexton), we might be able to make the playoffs

PG: Conley Jr // Clarkson // Delly
SG: Osman // Nwaba
SF: Zion Williamson // Adele
PF: Love // Nance Jr
C: Zizic // Thompson // Henson

• FGK changed the title to Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck