Cavaliers Thread: We Don’t Suck Again!

LETSGOBROWNIES

Burks is gone.  Not sure if we got a 1st rounder.

The Kings, Rockets and Cavaliers have agreed to a three-team deal that will send Iman Shumpert to Houston, Alec Burks and a second-round pick to Sacramento and Marquese Chriss and Brandon Knight to Cleveland, tweets Chris Haynes of Yahoo Sports.

The Rockets will also receive Nik Stauskas and Wade Baldwin from the Cavs, adds ESPN’s Adrian Wojnarowski (Twitter link). Both guards were acquired Sunday when Cleveland shipped Rodney Hood to Portland.

It looks like we're getting a protected 1st rounder.  Damn, I'm old.  I can hardly figure those things out.  

Edited by Bucketheadsdad

10 minutes ago, Bucketheadsdad said:

Burks is gone.  Not sure if we got a 1st rounder.

The Kings, Rockets and Cavaliers have agreed to a three-team deal that will send Iman Shumpert to Houston, Alec Burks and a second-round pick to Sacramento and Marquese Chriss and Brandon Knight to Cleveland, tweets Chris Haynes of Yahoo Sports.

The Rockets will also receive Nik Stauskas and Wade Baldwin from the Cavs, adds ESPN’s Adrian Wojnarowski (Twitter link). Both guards were acquired Sunday when Cleveland shipped Rodney Hood to Portland.

It looks like we're getting a protected 1st rounder.  Damn, I'm old.  I can hardly figure those things out.  

Is it a 2019? Every pick we have got is 2020 or later it seems but nothing to help us now which makes me think this "rebuild" (cause lets be honest that is where we are at) will take a lot longer then everyone anticipated imo

1 minute ago, buckeyesNut0623 said:

Is it a 2019? Every pick we have got is 2020 or later it seems but nothing to help us now which makes me think this "rebuild" (cause lets be honest that is where we are at) will take a lot longer then everyone anticipated imo

I haven't seen that.  Not sure which year.

Love this deal for us. Gets us a late 1st this year plus an expiring to flip next year in Knight. All for a guy we picked up in another deal that got us more picks (Korver).

To whoever was talking about the length of the rebuild, of course it's going to be long. Anyone who looked at the post-Lebron roster and said "I see a realistic way to be getting into the 2nd round of the playoffs again in 1-2 years" was being silly. This was always gonna take 3-4 years, especially since we were dumb and traded a 1st in that window. We'll have our pick this year (Zion, Zion, Zion), but not next.

IMO, this was always the year to tank HARD, then next year we take on a bunch of meh guys on bloated contracts to get 2021-2022 picks, end up with a late lottery pick ourselves, and hope that Sexton + 2019 lottery pick + results of all the 2021-2022 picks = Contender.

• Like 2

I think Marquese Chriss is going to be a player for us. He’s only 21 and is extremely athletic 

he was a second team all nba rookie 

I think he can develop I’d like to see what he does with his opportunities 

i also think we’ve got a chance at keeping our pick in 2020 too. We just gotta keep it top 10

1 hour ago, brownie man said:

I also think we’ve got a chance at keeping our pick in 2020 too. We just gotta keep it top 10

Good point, for some reason I thought the top ten protection dropped off after this season.

So the plan should be:

Suck this year, pick a stud.

Deal K-Love and whoever else we can this offseason for picks and young players, sign guys to mid range deals who lose out in FA and spin them off at the deadline for future picks.

Suck next year, move Knight's expiring and those mid-range guys for future picks, pick a stud.

That would take us into the 2020-2021 season cheering for a core of - Sexton, 2019 pick, 2020 pick, extra picks/young players acquired for Love et. all. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, freakygeniuskid said:

Good point, for some reason I thought the top ten protection dropped off after this season.

So the plan should be:

Suck this year, pick a stud.

Deal K-Love and whoever else we can this offseason for picks and young players, sign guys to mid range deals who lose out in FA and spin them off at the deadline for future picks.

Suck next year, move Knight's expiring and those mid-range guys for future picks, pick a stud.

That would take us into the 2020-2021 season cheering for a core of - Sexton, 2019 pick, 2020 pick, extra picks/young players acquired for Love et. all. 

🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳