Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck

LETSGOBROWNIES

It occurred to me today that the Cavs have the 2022 All Star Game.

This is why we're getting Zion.

And if we don't, the NBA is Anti-Cleveland and purposely prevented Zion from becoming a Cav because they want Cleveland to be embarrassed when they have no all stars at their own all star game

In turn, they make Cleveland even more embarrassed by essentially backing Kevin Love into the All Star game which is borderline suckier than not having an all star

But I do not think Adam Silver is Anti-Cleveland

So we're getting Zion.

Case. Closed.

Edited by MistaBohmbastic
*Gentle breeze blows case back open*
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Eh, just collect talent right now, worry about the fit later.

I agree but I’d rather trade him early than late. Wait too late and his value goes down. Players lose value after their 2nd year if they haven’t shown star potential yet. So we got about a year to find out what to do with him. 

4 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I agree but I’d rather trade him early than late. Wait too late and his value goes down. Players lose value after their 2nd year if they haven’t shown star potential yet. So we got about a year to find out what to do with him. 

Sounds like Drew better get to developing him. 😂 

• 2 weeks later...

Cavs have been playing well since the return of Love and Cedi from injury. If it werent for some awful ref-ing I think they wouldve beaten the trailblazers last night. I dont think this will be as long of a rebuild as the last time Lebron left.

Cedi seems to found his shot and is comfortable. I think he is showing he can be the 2nd of 3rd star. He still seems a little lost on defense from time to time but has a well rounded game on offense. Can shoot 3s, take it to the rim with ease, mid range effectively. 

Sexton is still a work in progress. His hard work is paying off as even on his off nights he can shoot 3s relatively at a good rate. 
Nance Jr and Nwaba are perfect glue guys who just need to shoot more 3s to help with spacing and put pressure on the opposing defenses.
Zizic is showing promise. He is limited athletically but can be great when we have to go against some more traditional centers. I think hes worth developing and at worst can be part of a trade as he is a young and talented scorer. 

In addition we have 92 million dollars in expiring next year. Obviously we wont get rid of Delly but JR's contract will give so much flexibility for us when it comes to trades, especially with contenders. I love delly but kinda wish we kept George Hills contract. That 20 mil with only 1 guaranteed wouldve also been super clutch

• FGK changed the title to Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck