Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck

LETSGOBROWNIES

2 minutes ago, freakygeniuskid said:

giphy.gif

He’s 20 year old point guard who can score. I don’t need him to average 10 assist 

as he matures he’ll become a better distributor 

he can shoot, shoot the 3, get to the basket, and play defense. 

I’m not going to quit on my 20 year old point guard after a year. I’m going to believe in him and get some more players around him. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, brownie man said:

He’s 20 year old point guard who can score. I don’t need him to average 10 assist 

as he matures he’ll become a better distributor 

he can shoot, shoot the 3, get to the basket, and play defense. 

I’m not going to quit on my 20 year old point guard after a year. I’m going to believe in him and get some more players around him. 

Yessir. It’s like people don’t understand that it takes time for most point guards to get used to the NBA. 

1 hour ago, brownie man said:

I want 

1.  Barrett

2. Culver

3. Reddish

ill pass on Ja I believe in Sexton too much 

Ja is super duper good though. I'd rather cut Sexton and take Ja than have Sexton + Reddish. And theres no reason you can't have both Sexton and Morant.

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Fit has nothing to do with anything right now, just collect the best assets and move on from there.

Yeah, this was more my point. I like Sexton and hope he's part of a new competing core in a couple years. But no way in hell he keeps me from taking BPA.

• Like 2

Sexton would be even better playing in a SG type role. His passing is mediocre at best and Sexton and Ja would be a top 5 back court in the NBA this year for sure. BPA in the NBA, NFL, MLB, NHL, and hell even the AAF always. It's not like the Cavs are so good they only need 1 position so this whole "we don't need a PG" crap is funny to me. 

2 hours ago, Bonanza23 said:

BPA to me is even more important in basketball. 

Ja is good he really is 

Culver is good too an I think long term has just as much potential as he grows into that size. That along with his skillset and a fit with Sexton I think I'll go Culver 

5 minutes ago, brownie man said:

Ja is good he really is 

Culver is good too an I think long term has just as much potential as he grows into that size. That along with his skillset and a fit with Sexton I think I'll go Culver 

I like Ja more for the Cavs because it seems to me that he excels where Sexton has issues, such as assists and being a true floor General. I honestly do think that Sexton would be excellent in more of a SG roll but that is just my opinion. Sexton is great at attacking the rim and he is getting better day to day at 3 point catch and shoot (he was not great at that in college but seems to be better in the NBA) or really just 3 pointers in general. I'd love Zion but I think Ja would be a great consultation prize but then again I'm very high on Ja obviously 

• FGK changed the title to Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck