Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck

LETSGOBROWNIES

29 minutes ago, buno67 said:

I think I want cam reddish at 5

Ehhhhh. Hes a great player from a measurables standpoint with a bunch of raw talent, but the dude has the worst motor in the entire draft. He plays with zero energy and is extremely lazy that constantly gets questioned for coasting and not playing hard. He literally has a Anthony Bennett mindset. Even when you watch him on the court it just looks like hes not having any fun and doesnt want to be there. Hes the complete opposite of Collin Sexton in that regard.

If somebody can get it out of him on a consistent basis, he will be a good player but hes has been questioned about his toughness and love of basketball since he was in highschool. I dont know if thats a gamble I would make with a rebuilding team

Edited by AkronsWitness

14 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Ehhhhh. Hes a great player from a measurables standpoint with a bunch of raw talent, but the dude has the worst motor in the entire draft. He plays with zero energy and is extremely lazy that constantly gets questioned for coasting and not playing hard. He literally has a Anthony Bennett mindset. Even when you watch him on the court it just looks like hes not having any fun and doesnt want to be there. Hes the complete opposite of Collin Sexton in that regard.

If somebody can get it out of him on a consistent basis, he will be a good player but hes has been questioned about his toughness and love of basketball since he was in highschool. I dont know if thats a gamble I would make with a rebuilding team

At #5 he has the most potential. 

Difference b/w him and Bennett, is AB was a tweener. Didnt have the size to be a PF or the athletic ability to be a 3, where Cam has the athletic ability be a legit 3 but has the length to be a nice stretch 4 being 6'7 with a 7'1 wingspan. I see him having Paul George, Rudy Gay, Danny Granger type comparison.

If JB is suppose to be this guy who can develop players and an offensive mastermind. I would take Reddish. 

Edited by buno67

3 minutes ago, buno67 said:

At #5 he has the most potential. 

Difference b/w him and Bennett, is AB was a tweener. Didnt have the size to be a PF or the athletic ability to be a 3, where Cam has the athletic ability be a legit 3 but has the length to be a nice stretch 4

I agree, if he gets his butt in gear and actually wants to get better and be great then he will be a nice weapon. Love his passing ability for his size too, its just that effort thing and drive to be better that scares the hell out of me

Edited by AkronsWitness

Just now, AkronsWitness said:

I agree, if he gets his butt in gear and actually wants to get better and be great then he will be a nice weapon. Love his passing ability for his size too, its just that effort thing and drive to be better that scares the hell out of me

maybe we see more effort now that when he walks onto the court he is no longer the most talented player on the team or the most talented player on his squad. The dude played with some amazing talents during his HS, AAU, and College career. Heck, being on the Cavs might be the first time he has a chance to be the star of a squad

7 minutes ago, buno67 said:

maybe we see more effort now that when he walks onto the court he is no longer the most talented player on the team or the most talented player on his squad. The dude played with some amazing talents during his HS, AAU, and College career. Heck, being on the Cavs might be the first time he has a chance to be the star of a squad

Yeah rumor has it he went through a bunch of emotional distress and got discouraged when he started his year at Duke. I saw that one the knocks on his actual game is that he is extremely passive and plays a finesse type of game--almost looking to avoid any sort of physicality/contact and backs down from challenges. Couple that with the fact that he had to be emotionally consoled, he just maybe seems......kinda.......soft?

It will be interesting to see if the staff can really dig into this kid and see what makes him tick because as a talent hes tremendous.

Edited by AkronsWitness

1 hour ago, AkronsWitness said:

Yeah rumor has it he went through a bunch of emotional distress and got discouraged when he started his year at Duke. I saw that one the knocks on his actual game is that he is extremely passive and plays a finesse type of game--almost looking to avoid any sort of physicality/contact and backs down from challenges. Couple that with the fact that he had to be emotionally consoled, he just maybe seems......kinda.......soft?

It will be interesting to see if the staff can really dig into this kid and see what makes him tick because as a talent hes tremendous.

well he prolly got discouraged that he thought Duke was going to be his team, as I believe he committed right after Duke won the title and was the prize recruit for them and than RJ Barrett and Zion both than committed later down the road.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, buno67 said:

I think I want cam reddish at 5

I'm all in with you.... well to a certain extent.

I was against this but upon further review it's the only worthwhile gamble assuming Zion, Ja, Barrett, and Hunter are off the board.

I've been going back through Jarrett Culver and Coby White's NCAA Tournament, Conference Tournament play, and better and worse games.

I just can't see Culver making a serious quality impact at the next level anymore and it sucks to come to that realization. He's Wesley Matthew without the 3point shooting marksmen skill.

Coby White is a tremendous all college player with amazing intangibles, but he's not going to ever be an all-star but instead will likely be an elite role player who provides Draymond Green glue player type contribution from the combo guard spot. There's a lot to like and value about that.

Reddish has elite shooting range and ability to be the best player in this draft. A lot of concerns about his consistency and focus are warranted but he often gets the Tracy McGrady criticism where the ease at which they play the game gets confused for lack of love for the game or laziness. I'd rather bet on Reddish who can be a star or provide star contribution than bet on Culver who I know is never going to get there.

1. DeAndre Hunter, 2. Cam Reddish, 3. Coby White

• Like 2

If Hunter is gone, and Coby White isn't a fit, Give Beilein the raw uber talented Cam Reddish and let him develop that gamble into a big payoff. After further review, Culver isn't it. Sexton and Reddish are a great stylistic fit.

Edited by Mind Character

• FGK changed the title to Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck