Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck

LETSGOBROWNIES

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

With where they are as a team I’d be shocked if they were interested.

I'd dangle KLove as well. I also doubt they'd be interested...but I'd try to get creative to the point of insanity. That's what it'll take to make this squad a contender if they don't win the lottery.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I'd dangle KLove as well. I also doubt they'd be interested...but I'd try to get creative to the point of insanity. That's what it'll take to make this squad a contender if they don't win the lottery.

Rather keep love now cause tanking with these new odds are awful. Rather keep some talent so Sexton has someone to play off of. 

18 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Rather keep love now cause tanking with these new odds are awful. Rather keep some talent so Sexton has someone to play off of. 

Eh, Love isn’t here long term imo.

I wouldn’t give him away, but if you can get a decent return for young talent/picks I’d happily trade him.

46 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Eh, Love isn’t here long term imo.

I wouldn’t give him away, but if you can get a decent return for young talent/picks I’d happily trade him.

I would want to get something of significant value. Really, anything outside a top 6 pick, I would hold on to Love. As Bruno, said, give these young guys someone to play off of. Sexton was night and day once Love returned.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, bigben07MVP said:

Hopefully Love balls tf out the first half of next season and we can get a really good deal out of a contender before the trade deadline. Imo that’s the scenario we would get the most for him.

Hopefully he's just healthy and doesn't suck. If these are the case, he can still have value from someone trying to make a run.

25 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Hopefully he's just healthy and doesn't suck. If these are the case, he can still have value from someone trying to make a run.

I wonder how healthy he actually was last year. I know he’s made of glass but I think they exaggerated his injuries as bit last year to tank. 

1 hour ago, FEARtheELF said:

I would want to get something of significant value. Really, anything outside a top 6 pick, I would hold on to Love. As Bruno, said, give these young guys someone to play off of. Sexton was night and day once Love returned.

No one is giving up a top 6 pick for Kevin Love.

1 hour ago, bigben07MVP said:

Hopefully Love balls tf out the first half of next season and we can get a really good deal out of a contender before the trade deadline. Imo that’s the scenario we would get the most for him.

What do you expect from a contender tho? One prolly won’t get a good young piece cause said contender prolly has him playing on their squad and if you trade him for a contender. You are prolly getting a heavy protected pick. So if that team struggles for some reason they will get the pick back or the pick is high enough in the draft that it doesn’t really matter. Can’t really get excited for a bottom 10 draft pick. 

2 hours ago, FEARtheELF said:

One of the worst things Sexton struggles with is running a pick and roll or pick and pop game. Love could really help him develop that part of his game. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bigben07MVP said:

I think what you’d be looking for isn’t necessarily a team that’s a contender, but one who’s looking to take that next step and become one.

For example, if Kyrie stays in Boston and the trade for AD, they’re in immediate win now mode and might move a decent young player for Love.  Same with the Lakers.

I would have said the Suns, but they’re terrible...

You get the point though.

13 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I mean there are other options other than just picks this year.

Realistically, what would some potential deals you think we should go after look like? I would certainly move Love for the right deal but I don't see his market value being equal to his value to Cleveland right now

4 minutes ago, FEARtheELF said:

Realistically, what would some potential deals you think we should go after look like? I would certainly move Love for the right deal but I don't see his market value being equal to his value to Cleveland right now

I’d say given his contract he has negative value around the league. We’d have to take some some terrible contracts in order to get anything valuable for him. 

• Like 1

• FGK changed the title to Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck