Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck

LETSGOBROWNIES

Trade down from #5 to #11 and acquire a future 1st round pick.
Draft Nassir Little, SF from North Carolina at #11.
Trade Kevin Love & a future 1st round pick to Atlanta for PF John Collins.
Trade Tristan Thompson for Jeff Teague & Keita Bates-Diop.
Sign C Deandre Jordan & Danny Green in FA.

PG: Collin Sexton/Jeff Teague/Matthew Dellavedova   (Teague & Sexton can play together too. Delly for injuring opposing players)
SG: Danny Green/Jordan Clarkson/Nik Stauskas   (3 & D Green, Clarkson point bonanza off the bench, Stauskas gets garbage minutes)
SF: Nassir Little/Cedi Osman/Keita Bates-Diop   (Little is an elite defender and athlete. Wiggins-like. Osman is Osman and Bates-Diop is a lengthy defender)
PF: John Collins/Larry Nance/Marquese Chriss   (Collins is very good. Very good size and excellent athleticism. Has good range too. Nance is a pick & roll phenom & Chriss blocks shots)
C: Deandre Jordan/Ante Zizic/John Henson   (Jordan is a stud shot blocker. Still elite on D. Zizic is raw but talented. Henson is a very good defensive big man with great athleticism)

That's my ideal off-season. Not much can be done to become an immediate contender so I'd start acquiring young defensive-minded athletes instead of fishing for superstars.

If we're going to suck I'd rather suck on offense. Get us some gritty players and hopefully get rid of the notion that "The Q" should change its name to "Uncontested Layup World Arena."

What do people think of Kevin Porter Jr?

I think he’s got all the talent in the world. He’s a top 4 pure talent in this draft probably more talented than RJ 

Id be excited picking him at 5 I think he could be one of those guys who is a much better pro than college player. Supremely athletic and takes big shots. 

I’ve been on the Culver train since day 1 but watching more Porter man he’s special. 

3 hours ago, brownie man said:

What do people think of Kevin Porter Jr?

I think he’s got all the talent in the world. He’s a top 4 pure talent in this draft probably more talented than RJ 

Id be excited picking him at 5 I think he could be one of those guys who is a much better pro than college player. Supremely athletic and takes big shots. 

I’ve been on the Culver train since day 1 but watching more Porter man he’s special. 

Just watched some of his highlights and he weirdly reminds me of Harden. He has a similar shot and step back move. The one thing that stood out is that he looks kinda slow with the ball in his hands. He looks more like a smooth athlete and not a super twitchy one. It might be hard for him to get his shot off at the NBA level against guys who can stay in front of him.

2 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

Just watched some of his highlights and he weirdly reminds me of Harden. He has a similar shot and step back move. The one thing that stood out is that he looks kinda slow with the ball in his hands. He looks more like a smooth athlete and not a super twitchy one. It might be hard for him to get his shot off at the NBA level against guys who can stay in front of him.

Idk man I see enough athleticism he’s only 19 

i think he’s got the skillet 

I say F it go full potential based and draft Reddish at 5 and try to trade JR and Houston’s pick to move up and get KPJ

then you’ve got 

Sexton Kevin Porter Reddish as your 1-2-3 core for the future and Cedi as your bench 2-3 

keep Tristan and Love let the young guys develop and fill out the roster year by year 

Sexton Porter Jr and Reddish would be a really nice young core 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, brownie man said:

Idk man I see enough athleticism he’s only 19 

i think he’s got the skillet 

I say F it go full potential based and draft Reddish at 5 and try to trade JR and Houston’s pick to move up and get KPJ

then you’ve got 

Sexton Kevin Porter Reddish as your 1-2-3 core for the future and Cedi as your bench 2-3 

keep Tristan and Love let the young guys develop and fill out the roster year by year 

Sexton Porter Jr and Reddish would be a really nice young core 

Yeah I would be really hoping that the Cavs are able to package the HOU pick and another asset to essentially walk away with 2 lotto picks this year to build around with Sexton and Osman. Keeping Love/Tristan makes sure the bottom doesnt fall out from all of the developing guys

Edited by AkronsWitness
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

https://sports.yahoo.com/report-cavs-owner-dan-gilbert-020307446.html

Dan Gilbert hospitalized with a possible stroke.

Hope he recovers quickly.

Yeah good to hear he’s doing better. 

Dare one of you schleprocks to go into the b-ball forum and post this news. They love Dan in there, and us. 

Edited by Bonanza23
Hear not here dumbass.
  • Like 2

As some have already eluded to, I think Golden State will remain the favorites to win the championship for several years after this one.  KD will leave to New York/Brooklyn most likely and Golden State will resign Klay Thompson to a big contract.  That would still give Golden State their core 3 of Curry/Klay/Green with Andre Iguodala still in the mix.  Perhaps DeMarcus Cousins signs another 1 year contract with Golden State so that he could actually play an entire season and feel as if he contributes to a championship.  Maybe another star would be this years DeMarcus Cousins and surprisingly signs with Golden State to win a ring. 

The reason why I'm bringing this up is because it still may take several years for Golden State to finally stop winning Championships.  I've been wondering if it may be best for the Cavaliers if instead of going to conservative picks in the draft or "safe" picks, they go for the more "risky" boom or bust players.  It is a gamble obviously but if they hit on the "risky" player/s, it would give the Cavaliers a better opportunity to have a star player/s. 

Supposedly the Hawks might be willing to give up picks #8 and #10 in the draft for Jarrett Culver if he were available.  I was thinking that the Cavaliers can pick Culver at #5, wait to see if Cam Reddish falls to Atlanta at #8.  If Reddish falls to Atlanta at #8 they pick him and swap him and the #10 pick for Jarrett Culver.  Then with the #10 pick, the Cavaliers would then pick Nassir Little.  If Reddish is picked before #8, you keep Culver and the Cavaliers are still good.  In my opinion, Reddish and Little are the type of players that "if" they live up to their potential, they can be studs. 

Peace!!!

• Like 1

If we go Reddish at 5 I’m looking at Keldon Johnson with the Houston pick I think he can be a solid 2 guard. 

I really want to come out of here with a starting 2 and 3 for the young core and Reddish is really the only bonafide SF worth drafting this year 

• FGK changed the title to Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck