Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck

LETSGOBROWNIES

Mock Draft.

Caveat: The players in my mock are purely Boom or Bust players.  I've said in the past that I feel the Warriors will continue to be a dominant team (even without Durant) so I'm just looking at this as a long term strategy.

Trades:

*Atlanta covets Jarrett Culver badly so they trade picks #8, #10, and pick #35 in the second round for pick #5.

*Charlotte Hornets trade Marvin Williams and the #12 pick in the 1st round for J.R Smith for cap relief purposes.

Picks:

#8 - Cam Reddish (F/G) - Arguably the most polarizing player in the draft. The pick is made based off of pure potential.    

#10 - Nassir Little (SF) - Athletic forward who is a very active defender.

#12 - Jaxson Hayes (C) - Raw center who could become a defensive stud.

#26 - Luka Samanic (PF) -  Versatile forward who can play inside and out.

#35 - Jalen Lecque (PG) - Athletic point guard who can become something special if he can develop a mid range jumpshot. 

I'm hoping that with the coaching staff we have in place and the knowledge that we will not be title contenders very soon gives the Cavaliers the luxury of being patient with players like the ones above.

It is highly unlikely that the Cavaliers (or any other team for that matter) would want 5 rookies on their roster but I see this as an opportunity for the Cavaliers to think outside of the box and for the future.

Depth Chart:

PG - Collin Sexton / Matthew Dellavedova / Brandon Knight / Jalen Lecque*

SG - Jordan Clarkson / Cam Reddish* / 

SF - Cedi Osman / Nik Stauskas / Nassir Little*

PF - Kevin Love / Larry Nance / Luka Samanic*

C - Tristan Thompson / Ante Zizic / Jaxson Hayes*

Peace!!!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Kiwibrown said:

So the Raptors won the nba finals. 

I'm vaguely interested in b ball, but wtf happened? The golden state warriors were meant to win for ththe next 5 years in a row?

The best player on Earth missed the whole series minus 3 quarters of game 5 and Klay went down towards the end of game 6. Otherwise GS wins again. 

1 hour ago, buno67 said:

https://larrybrownsports.com/basketball/nets-not-keep-dangelo-russell-sign-kyrie-irving/500167

article talking about the Nets wanting to move DRuss or move on from DRuss if they are getting Irving and another star like KD or Butler. 

I would love to pair up DRuss with Sexton 

BRING THAT YOUNG GUY

maybe we could trade JR for him help with their cap room. Then we draft Reddish or Nassir Little 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, buno67 said:

https://larrybrownsports.com/basketball/nets-not-keep-dangelo-russell-sign-kyrie-irving/500167

article talking about the Nets wanting to move DRuss or move on from DRuss if they are getting Irving and another star like KD or Butler. 

I would love to pair up DRuss with Sexton 

Eh. I get the excitement offensively but that kills us on defense. None of those guys can guard opposing 2s. 

59 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

It would take an actual asset to trade for Russell. Not just cap space. 

But would it really? He’s a restricted FA. So they’d have to sign him to that Max then trade him to us. 

Nets are going to want money over everything else. They’re going to want to bring in Kyrie plus 1. 

How else are they going to do that without Cap Relief?

my guess is they’d rather get two of these FAs probably Kyrie/Butler over any other potential asset that’s out there would would realistically be traded for Russell. Maybe JR plus 26. I don’t think it’d take much they want the cap 

3 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

It would take an actual asset to trade for Russell. Not just cap space. 

If they want assets for Russel they need to sign him. Then to trade him they will need to have matching salaries. They want as much cap space so they can sign Irving and another superstar. What teams have the contracts that are big enough and can be voided to save the Nets the money they need. They might have to let him walk and if they do it’s because they landed the verbals to their desired FAs. 

Edited by buno67
  • Like 2

My ideal Cavs targets.

Stay at 5 draft Darius Garland...  Let him and Sexton figure out how to play on the court at the same time.

Next, find a trade partner for J.R. Smith that allows us to receive a pick middle of the draft and select Romeo Langford.

Lastly, use pick 26 and future assets to trade up a few spots to select Goga Bitadze

• Like 1

• FGK changed the title to Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck