Cavaliers Thread: We Don’t Suck Again!

LETSGOBROWNIES

35 minutes ago, brownie man said:

Lakers have the best roster in the league right now 

I honestly believe this is Brons best roster of his career so far 

I don’t know that 2nd year Miami roster was pretty loaded with Wade Bosh Allen Miller Battier Jones chalmers 

I think this is almost on par with that heat squad 

sucks for Lue not taking that Lakers job lol

• Like 1

Outside of AD, that's an old, injury plagued team around LeBron.  Cousins may or may not play a role next year coming off injury.  He's not 30 yet, but he has the health of a guy in his mid 30s right now and is a total unknown there.  Rondo isn't Mr. Consistency, as witnessed by the number of teams happy to part from him the past several years.  You've got LeBron and AD who are cornerstone guys.  I'm not necessarily anointing LA is a favorite in the west at this point.  I do think they're one of the top 3 championship contenders out there, but I'm going to have to see it sustained. 

10 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Lmao what? Is this a joke? This isn’t even the best team in LA. 

idk 

George/Leonard/Beverly/Lou Williams/ Wilson Chandler

James/AD/Cousins/ Kuzma/Green/KCP/Stephenson.

Lakers have the better squad than the Clippers but Clippers have by far the better coach

6 minutes ago, buno67 said:

idk 

George/Leonard/Beverly/Lou Williams/ Wilson Chandler

James/AD/Cousins/ Kuzma/Green/KCP/Stephenson.

Lakers have the better squad than the Clippers but Clippers have by far the better coach

Cousins is a shell of himself. Stephenson is nothing special at all. Kuz can’t play defense. And KCP is very average. I don’t see what’s special about that team. Just a bunch of names. The clippers have a real team with defense, shooting, an actual system. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Cousins is a shell of himself. Stephenson is nothing special at all. Kuz can’t play defense. And KCP is very average. I don’t see what’s special about that team. Just a bunch of names. The clippers have a real team with defense, shooting, an actual system. 

The players I named aren’t special but just decent. Outside of the guys I named for the clippers they don’t have anyone worth mentioning. They don’t have a lot of talent outside of their top5 guys. They will need to be picking up vets

2 hours ago, buno67 said:

The players I named aren’t special but just decent. Outside of the guys I named for the clippers they don’t have anyone worth mentioning. They don’t have a lot of talent outside of their top5 guys. They will need to be picking up vets

Nah. Just cause you're not a star doesn't mean you don't have value. The Lakers have Bron, AD, Kuz, and Danny Green. Maybe Cousins if he recovers more in the offseason. That's pretty much their whole roster right now (Stephenson/KCP are replacement dudes). The Clippers don't have as many names to recognize, but Shamet, Harrell, Williams, Chandler, and Beverly are all super legit role players at what they do. Plus they have the Harkless expiring to turn into a piece. 

They're very close, and it's gonna be a heck of a series if they meet in the playoffs, but I'd absolutely give the edge to the Clips at this point. And the Lakers are going to be the more desperate team for the buyout guys IMO.

You could argue that the Lakers' top two players are better than the Clippers' top two, but from top to bottom I'd say the Clippers are the better team. I mean, they made the playoffs last year with no big name players, but instead with a bunch of really solid players and a good HC.

I still think LeBron should have went to the Clippers last year. Taking a historically bad franchise and leading them to a championship would have done more for his legacy than doing so with the Lakers.

6 hours ago, buno67 said:

The clippers have 3 elite perimeter defenders and a very good defensive big. Outside of AD the Lakers don’t have anyone who plays constant defense. 

5 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

The clippers have 3 elite perimeter defenders and a very good defensive big. Outside of AD the Lakers don’t have anyone who plays constant defense. 

The Cavs didn’t have anyone who could play constant defense and they won’t a title. Clippers aren’t deep at all. They still need to make more moves to signing vets who will ring Chase. 

• Like 1