Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck

LETSGOBROWNIES

8 hours ago, freakygeniuskid said:

Nah. Just cause you're not a star doesn't mean you don't have value. The Lakers have Bron, AD, Kuz, and Danny Green. Maybe Cousins if he recovers more in the offseason. That's pretty much their whole roster right now (Stephenson/KCP are replacement dudes). The Clippers don't have as many names to recognize, but Shamet, Harrell, Williams, Chandler, and Beverly are all super legit role players at what they do. Plus they have the Harkless expiring to turn into a piece. 

They're very close, and it's gonna be a heck of a series if they meet in the playoffs, but I'd absolutely give the edge to the Clips at this point. And the Lakers are going to be the more desperate team for the buyout guys IMO.

chandler isn’t anything special either. KCP is better or equal to  than Chandler, Shamet. 

Also if Stephenson and KCP are just replacement players so is chandler Shamet. LS and KCP has equal to or higher PERs than them last year

both the clippers and the Lakers are going to be desperate for the buy out guys. 

On 7/6/2019 at 10:33 AM, DawgX said:

I love the Lakers missing out on Kawhi.

Honestly you say that but I don't think it hurt them at all.

From what I understand, they were going to go after DeAngelo Russell or Kemba Walker before they thought they had a chance for Kawhi.

Having missed out on Kawhi, they got one of the best 3 and D players in the league in Danny Green which is the PERFECT fit for Lebron.

I'm not saying Cousins is the savior, but before his Achillies injury he was one of the best centers in the league.  He doens't clog the lane, he plays good defense, he is a willing passer and gets a LOT of rebounds.  If he can come back to what he was before the Injury they got a STEAL   If not AD is their center and Kuzma is their PF.

I'm not saying Rondo is a great move, but he was once a phenomenal defender and has always been a good passer.  The one thing I can say about this team is they are willing distributors to find the best options.  With Green and AD as good as they are defensively, if Cousins can come back to what he was, this will be a VERY good team.

Obviously they would have been better with Kawhi, but they are better having chased Kawhi and lost than not having chased at all...

47 minutes ago, freakygeniuskid said:

16 hours ago, buno67 said:

KCP is better or equal to Shamet. 

.... We are not watching the same sport here

KCP:  12.9 PER .568 TS% OWS 2.3 DWS 1.8 ORTG 113 DRTG112

Shamet: 11 PER .604 TS% OWS 2.7 DWS .9 ORTG 120 DRTG 116

sorry don’t watch enough that I can compare them off of the eye test but advance stats show that they are similar players

I hope we make a push for Jaylen Brown from the Celtics this next off-season. I think the guy will be a start at SF. 

I know its sacrilege for me to think about anyone but Cedi at SF but I think with 60 million coming off the salary next year, I think throwing a max/near max at Jaylen Brown would be the right call.

If the Celtics are keep on keeping him they will need to dump someone like Gordon Hayward. If thats how the situation trends this season, ala Jaylen Brown balls out and is starting, then we should trade our expirings for Hayward (who will be on his final year next year albeit at 30+ mil) and Memphis's 1st round

4 hours ago, ohiogenius said:

I hope we make a push for Jaylen Brown from the Celtics this next off-season. I think the guy will be a start at SF. 

I know its sacrilege for me to think about anyone but Cedi at SF but I think with 60 million coming off the salary next year, I think throwing a max/near max at Jaylen Brown would be the right call.

If the Celtics are keep on keeping him they will need to dump someone like Gordon Hayward. If thats how the situation trends this season, ala Jaylen Brown balls out and is starting, then we should trade our expirings for Hayward (who will be on his final year next year albeit at 30+ mil) and Memphis's 1st round

Hayward has a player option next year. We could have a shot at either one. I’m all for maxing brown though. He might not be worth the max but that’s what we’d have to pay and he has Paul George potential. 

10 hours ago, CBrownsman said:

Obviously they would have been better with Kawhi, but they are better having chased Kawhi and lost than not having chased at all...

Ok, Alfred Lord Tennyson.

Haiku from time-to-time, maybe.

But waxing poetic?

Sheesh!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BleedTheClock said:

Cavs need to do nothing other than try and dump their bad contracts right now. I'm not adding any FA's until we have something worthwhile built up through the draft. Continue to suck for a few years.

The only "bad contract" on the Cavs right now is Kevin Love, if you want to consider it a bad contract.  Everyone else is expiring, on a rookie contract, or Nance.

• Like 1

• FGK changed the title to Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck