Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck

LETSGOBROWNIES

3 minutes ago, malibuspeedrace said:

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y3nrbezp

Only way I do it, is to get out from TT Kardashians contract.

Id keep Love to flip to a contender at the deadline.

True but I still would love to see how this team progresses with a healthy. Sexton looked so much better last year when he had Love towards the end of the season. I would also say a skilled big like Love would fit in J.B. offensive schemes. I remember the Michigan offense was pretty darn good when it had McGary. They had a top25 offensive that dudes freshmen year. Year prior McGary and Burke they had the 208th offense, the next season with both they had a top25 offense, and the following season, when McGary was out and they had Burke, the offense was 85th. Stuff I have read about his offense is the loves two guards/ball handlers, so the offense can be ran from either side of the floor, if its from the right or left side. He likes to have a skilled big. 

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yxbtowdc 

This is closer to what it would take to be able to get SGA from the OKC in a trade.  We eat the Johnson contract and send them JR for the cap savings.  Even then what about Garland, Sexton, and KPJ?

Realistically for us to get in for Adams the trade would likely look something like this:

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yy9f2ybz

We end up eating James Johnson's contract while sending out TT and JR.  This definitely puts us over the luxury cap though while letting OKC drop even further under it.  Our roster would be:

Garland/Clarkson/Delly

Sexton/KPJ/Knight

Cedi/Windler/Johnson

Love/Nance

Adams/Henson

Thats a top 6 seed in the east if everyone stays healthy, Sexton progresses, and Garland has a strong rookie season.

Justice Winslow is the guy I'd want the most by far. It sounds like the Cavs want Adams though. Adams would be a great fit next to Love and would help our defense out so much but I'm not liking his 25mil/year contract for the next two years.

Getting both Winslow and Adams without giving up Sexton or Love would be amazing. 

1 hour ago, bigben07MVP said:

No way we get that kind of a haul without giving up K Love. 

And why would the Thunder want Love if they are giving Russ to Miami. They are essentially going to be in rebuild mode similar to the Cavs so Im not sure why they would get rid of Adams who is somehow only 25 y/o event though he looks 34. 

1 hour ago, Raves said:

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yxbtowdc 

This is closer to what it would take to be able to get SGA from the OKC in a trade.  We eat the Johnson contract and send them JR for the cap savings.  Even then what about Garland, Sexton, and KPJ?

Realistically for us to get in for Adams the trade would likely look something like this:

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yy9f2ybz

We end up eating James Johnson's contract while sending out TT and JR.  This definitely puts us over the luxury cap though while letting OKC drop even further under it.  Our roster would be:

Garland/Clarkson/Delly

Sexton/KPJ/Knight

Cedi/Windler/Johnson

Love/Nance

Adams/Henson

Outside of age, how much better is Adams than Tristan at this point? Is there anything he does that Tristan doesnt to make us better? Ive always viewed them as pretty similar players though I dont watch many Thunder games outside of playoffs

Edited by AkronsWitness

5 minutes ago, malibuspeedrace said:

I was just trying to find a way to get Adams with salary to work.

There are possible ways..That was the first stab.

At this point I just hope they do something because Im getting bored over here. Wait out Portland for Love until they are truly desperate around the deadline is step 1.

Edited by AkronsWitness
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Outside of age, how much better is Adams than Tristan at this point? Is there anything he does that Tristan doesnt to make us better? Ive always viewed them as pretty similar players though I dont watch many Thunder games outside of playoffs

Tristan is a better defender on the perimeter, Adams is a better defender around the rim.  That's really the biggest difference.  Oh and lik bruceb said, no Kardashian connection.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Raves said:

Tristan is a better defender on the perimeter, Adams is a better defender around the rim.  That's really the biggest difference.  Oh and lik bruceb said, no Kardashian connection.

TT hasn’t been a good perimeter defender in years. We wouldn’t be losing much by moving him for Adams. Adams does everything better than tt. Not even close. 

• Like 1

• FGK changed the title to Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck