Cavaliers Thread: We Don’t Suck Again!

LETSGOBROWNIES

I’m not sure Houston is better with this move. They already had a ball dominant guard, not sure how those two will co-exist this 2nd time around as established guys. 

I don’t even know what OKC is doing. If you’re rebuilding, rebuild. What are you going to do with an old Chris Paul. 

9 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

I’m not sure Houston is better with this move. They already had a ball dominant guard, not sure how those two will co-exist this 2nd time around as established guys. 

I don’t even know what OKC is doing. If you’re rebuilding, rebuild. What are you going to do with an old Chris Paul. 

Getting multiple 1st round picks and swap options for the same length and contract size that they will probably move for shorter term deals?  With Miami it seemed like OKC wanted a bunch of young players for Russ.  Well they got their good haul for Russ through the trade to get CP3, so maybe with Miami, or even Minnesota, they'll just look to take on expiring or 2 year deals for CP3.

40 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

If there is a coach that could figure out how to use Harden and James, its Mike D'Antoni. To me, its a huge upgrade on the fact that Westbrook is super durable, where Paul's health has costed them a couple of playoff series victories IMO. Nothing wrong having two ball dominant players. We saw James and Irving win a title with that. 

Most likely OKC will flip Chris Paul. I bet you, some way or another Paul ends up on the Lakers

12 minutes ago, buno67 said:

If there is a coach that could figure out how to use Harden and James, its Mike D'Antoni. To me, its a huge upgrade on the fact that Westbrook is super durable, where Paul's health has costed them a couple of playoff series victories IMO. Nothing wrong having two ball dominant players. We saw James and Irving win a title with that. 

Most likely OKC will flip Chris Paul. I bet you, some way or another Paul ends up on the Lakers

What do the lakers even have to offer?

9 hours ago, candyman93 said:

San Antonio makes a lot of sense to trade for CP3. There’s no dominant team in the west. 

I think CP3 is going to be hard to move tbh.

3/120 ish left for a regressing, injury prone player.  Not sure anyone is going to want to build around that for what he’ll cost.

16 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I think CP3 is going to be hard to move tbh.

3/120 ish left for a regressing, injury prone player.  Not sure anyone is going to want to build around that for what he’ll cost.

OKC has plenty of picks, that I would be willing to eat CPs deal to get a decent amount of those assets for the Cavs. If your Chris Paul, do you try and work out a buy out with a team? I know that is a lot of money but he wont be going to a contender anytime soon

59 minutes ago, buno67 said:

OKC has plenty of picks, that I would be willing to eat CPs deal to get a decent amount of those assets for the Cavs. If your Chris Paul, do you try and work out a buy out with a team? I know that is a lot of money but he wont be going to a contender anytime soon

He won't take a buyout, at least not anything less than probably 80 mil, which is a lot of money to have to eat even stretched.  CP3 might go to a team that has some expiring/pseudo-expiring contracts that match up.  Minnesota would be a good fit with them sending Teague & Dieng for CP3?  Minnesota won't get a player as good as CP3, even an injury prone one on a maxed out contract any other way so could make sense for them.  Miami could be an option too by offering up James Johnson & Goran Dragic so they get an upgrade in CP3 but at the expense of taking on money going forward.  I don't want Cleveland to touch CP3.  I've come around to taking on Adams & maybe someone like Schroeder for expirings, but that's about it.

1 hour ago, buno67 said:

A buyout?  He’s owed like 120 million.  What does that number even look like? 75-80 million as a lump sum?  

Can’t see that, not for a year or two anyway.

3 hours ago, DawgX said:

Yeah OKC either trades him or keeps him. Can't see them buying him out with that contract.

yeah its a total reach but there is no way CP3 is contending for another title now in this situation.