Cavaliers Thread: We Don’t Suck Again!

LETSGOBROWNIES

On 7/16/2019 at 9:52 PM, sdrawkcab321 said:

No no no. Size has nothing to do with his position. He doesn’t have the skill to play PF. It’s the same with Tt. He’s small and should be a 4 but has no skill at all so he has to play the 5. Nance has a little more range but in no way should be a 4 in the modern game it just kills offensive flow and spacing. 

The only time nance has looked above average in his career is when he first got here and played the 5 exclusively. The was terrible at the 4 in LA when they tried him there and last year. 

I mean how many PFs in the NBA are perimeter players like your suggesting? There are a good amount and its growing but there are still a good number that are still traditional PF types like Nance and Thompson. Love is the starting PF anyways so I dont think its a big deal that our backup PF (whoever that is) isnt a floor spacer.

Sure Nance + Thompson are not reliable jump shooters (yet--watchout for Nance this year) but each have some pretty good touch and footwork to get their shots in the paint. Plus they are both above average athletes for their positions as well

Edited by AkronsWitness

2 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

A bunch. Probably more than not nowadays.

Depending on the criteria that you set for those skills.  If it's shooting 35% or better from 3pt and >3 attempts per game, which means they actually shoot it a decent amount of times as well as being a legit threat to hitting it, there are only 35 players in the NBA at F, F/C, C/F, or C according to Basketball Reference that fills that criteria.  This includes several SFs as well such as Otto Porter Jr, Paul George, TJ Warren, Kawhi, etc so the numbers even lower than that for actual PFs.

http://bkref.com/tiny/1Yhc5

2 hours ago, Raves said:

Depending on the criteria that you set for those skills.  If it's shooting 35% or better from 3pt and >3 attempts per game, which means they actually shoot it a decent amount of times as well as being a legit threat to hitting it, there are only 35 players in the NBA at F, F/C, C/F, or C according to Basketball Reference that fills that criteria.  This includes several SFs as well such as Otto Porter Jr, Paul George, TJ Warren, Kawhi, etc so the numbers even lower than that for actual PFs.

http://bkref.com/tiny/1Yhc5

I think people tend to forget that Kevin Love's style of game is sort of an anomaly and it makes him very valuable for how he can shoot at his size. Just because there are a bunch of 6'10"+ players who take long shots doesnt mean they make them with great proficiency . Embiid shot 30% from 3---he can make them, but its not a good shot when he does. I dont need Tristan Thompson out there jacking up 3s just because he can make 1 out of 4

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, malibuspeedrace said:

The new thread balows chunks...

wish I could talk nightly about how trash we are.....

but dish and fox sports are still fighting...so I will on,y get to see the Cavs when they are nationally televised...

so I’ll get to see maybe 1 game...

Im sure there will be free streaming

I hope we can flip these expirings for something

3 hours ago, malibuspeedrace said:

The new thread balows chunks...

wish I could talk nightly about how trash we are.....

but dish and fox sports are still fighting...so I will on,y get to see the Cavs when they are nationally televised...

so I’ll get to see maybe 1 game...

Spectrum....all the way. I just switched from ATT Uverse a few months ago when they also cancelled NFLN and now they are doing it for FSO?

I got Spectrum with 100mbps internet and 2 boxes with all the sports channels you can think of for $128. They also buy out contracts if you have one with Dish. I would strongly consider it

1 hour ago, OhioG said:

Im sure there will be free streaming

I hope we can flip these expirings for something

It will be super interesting to see what they do at the deadline. Love, Clarkson, Knight and Tristan are all prime candidates for contender looking for a bump entering the playoffs. Fun to see what direction the Cavs will take. I like the balance of capable vets and young guys because the thought of rewinding the clock to 2010 where it was 10 guys on the team under the age of 23 seems like hell.