Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck

LETSGOBROWNIES

20 hours ago, brownie man said:

Oh yeah definitely 

100%

idk how the hell he fell that far even with all his off the field stuff.

question is will be play him at the 2 or 3 with Sexton and Garland

I'm still a believer that we trade either Sexton or Garland at some point. Maybe once our young guys develop we flip one of Sexton/Garland for a veteran that can push us over the top into being a legit contender. Hopeful thinking but thats at least what I would like to see happen. 

2 minutes ago, bigben07MVP said:

I'm still a believer that we trade either Sexton or Garland at some point. Maybe once our young guys develop we flip one of Sexton/Garland for a veteran that can push us over the top into being a legit contender. Hopeful thinking but thats at least what I would like to see happen. 

No way

i totally disagree those three are part of our core. It’s just going to be interesting where we place Sexton

i think we eventually start Garland at point and Porter at the 2 with Sexton being our Lou Williams. 

we gotta get a legit 3. We still got a lot of roster work to do, but we’ve got resources we just got to hit and get lucky

1 hour ago, bigben07MVP said:

I’m sure at some point we will have to. 2 small ball dominate guards can work but you really have to build around them with defenders and shooters. But if we nail the draft and can get the next star wing player we will probably have to trade one of them to build around that guy. You can’t have 2 small guards who aren’t great defenders while trying to build around a wing. 

6 hours ago, bigben07MVP said:

It’s going to be Sexton. Sexton is a 6th man type player. He really shouldn’t be a starter. I’ve said it so many times. He is Lou Williams type player. 

Garland has the ability and natural talent to be a starting PG for a long time. 

Edited by buno67

I really don’t like the setting of the Cavs post game show. Bunch of ugly dimwits in the background making turrible dance moves thinking they cool. 

I really wanted to say enjoy getting your lunch money stolen tomorrow, but that wouldn’t be PC would it? Too far or should I post it?

7 hours ago, brownie man said:

No way

i totally disagree those three are part of our core. It’s just going to be interesting where we place Sexton

i think we eventually start Garland at point and Porter at the 2 with Sexton being our Lou Williams. 

we gotta get a legit 3. We still got a lot of roster work to do, but we’ve got resources we just got to hit and get lucky

Yeah I was resisting at first but I’m quickly coming to the conclusion Sexton needs to come off the bench. He will be a heck of a sixth man. At the end of the 4th Sexton was bringing up the ball and Garland you could tell was setting up for an easy 3, his defender was way far off, and Sexton just goes in for the score. No situational awareness there. He’s a bulldog type that really needs to just come off the bench. KCP btw is developing nicely. 

• 2 weeks later...

so it seems like the Beilein experiment is turning into a failure. according to reports from Shams and Vardon. Cavs players are unhappy with the way Beilein is running the team and have begun tuning him out. If this is how it is, I would trade all the Vets, go extremely young now, and let them learn from JB. It seems like the vets are the ones having the most issues with him.

7 minutes ago, buno67 said:

so it seems like the Beilein experiment is turning into a failure. according to reports from Shams and Vardon. Cavs players are unhappy with the way Beilein is running the team and have begun tuning him out. If this is how it is, I would trade all the Vets, go extremely young now, and let them learn from JB. It seems like the vets are the ones having the most issues with him.

Yep every single one of those vets need to go. They’re one of the worst teams in the league and if they’re too good to work on the fundamentals then they need to go. No one on this team is worth choosing over a coach. This isn’t lebrons cavs. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Yep every single one of those vets need to go. They’re one of the worst teams in the league and if they’re too good to work on the fundamentals then they need to go. No one on this team is worth choosing over a coach. This isn’t lebrons cavs. 

If I’m betting, it’s Clarkson and / or Knight.

• FGK changed the title to Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck