Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck

LETSGOBROWNIES

On 12/7/2019 at 2:25 PM, sdrawkcab321 said:

Nah get the pick. Just move on from him now before he gets hurt again and we get nothing. It’s time. 

I’m hoping we can make a deal with Denver for Michael porter or even Indiana for Myles turner. 

That's incredibly wishful.

As much as I like Love, he's not that valuable to teams. His contract is way too big for someone that doesn't play defense. He needs to be the 3rd option on most teams.

1 minute ago, BleedTheClock said:

That's incredibly wishful.

As much as I like Love, he's not that valuable to teams. His contract is way too big for someone that doesn't play defense. He needs to be the 3rd option on most teams.

Yeah he has no value.

Saw a “report” today teams are asking for Love and a pick due to his salary.

Unless he’s actively campaigning to be traded, he’s most valuable to us right now.

2 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Yeah he has no value.

Saw a “report” today teams are asking for Love and a pick due to his salary.

Unless he’s actively campaigning to be traded, he’s most valuable to us right now.

those are just GMs trying to play the cavs. If a team wants a pick, go ahead and give it to them but make it crazy protected so the team never see it and it turns into some 2nd rd picks 8years from now

2 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

Hot Take Alert:

I think our front office sucks. They have no idea how to build a team, nor do they know how to build for the future.

I know LeBron James caused us to be both amazing and now terrible, but we have mismanaged this rebuild so far.

Probably somewhat accurate, but the team has been fun to watch the a last two games.

After all, this is entertainment and the team has been entertaining.

4 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

Hot Take Alert:

I think our front office sucks. They have no idea how to build a team, nor do they know how to build for the future.

I know LeBron James caused us to be both amazing and now terrible, but we have mismanaged this rebuild so far.

How is that a hot take

3 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

Hot Take Alert:

how so? They got stuck with the 8th pick in a 6man draft and they got the 5th pick in a 3 man draft. You really cant get that rebuild going until you get that legit piece to build around. Garland aint it and Sexton forsure isnt it

18 minutes ago, buno67 said:

how so? They got stuck with the 8th pick in a 6man draft and they got the 5th pick in a 3 man draft. You really cant get that rebuild going until you get that legit piece to build around. Garland aint it and Sexton forsure isnt it

Kevin Porter Jr could be one of those pieces with time, though. That game against the Rockets was very promising.

1 hour ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

How is that a hot take

I feel like nobody is calling for Altman's head. I cannot believe we are this bad and also this devoid of cap space.

@buno67, I guess I just hate the way our roster is constructed. We have a bunch of overpaid veterans past their prime and a logjam at certain positions. And in addition to being logjammed at certain positions, we are completely devoid of talent at other spots.

We tried to become the Portland Trail Blazers. That's not a great model to strive for. We need to play like the Spurs. Get size and defensive-minded players and a coach that can scheme together baskets. That's really the only way we're going to be successful given the lack of a market we have.

30 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

I feel like nobody is calling for Altman's head. I cannot believe we are this bad and also this devoid of cap space.

@buno67, I guess I just hate the way our roster is constructed. We have a bunch of overpaid veterans past their prime and a logjam at certain positions. And in addition to being logjammed at certain positions, we are completely devoid of talent at other spots.

We tried to become the Portland Trail Blazers. That's not a great model to strive for. We need to play like the Spurs. Get size and defensive-minded players and a coach that can scheme together baskets. That's really the only way we're going to be successful given the lack of a market we have.

We’re still suffering from some of the effects of the overspending lebron era. Those contracts will be off the books next year. Unfortunately koby is just Gilbert’s paper work boy. Gilbert is calling the shots. Which is why I suspect we’ve been quiet since he went down with his stroke. Koby can’t do anything on his own. 

4 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

We’re still suffering from some of the effects of the overspending lebron era. Those contracts will be off the books next year. Unfortunately koby is just Gilbert’s paper work boy. Gilbert is calling the shots. Which is why I suspect we’ve been quiet since he went down with his stroke. Koby can’t do anything on his own. 

I mean, I don’t disagree about Gilbert being the one calling the shots, but I’m also not sure there are a lot of great moves for Koby to make.

Like you said, this is the LBJ tax. Once the deadline approaches and some more of these deals start to get closer to expiration we may be able to do something, but for now it’s just draft, develop and wait out the crappy deals.

• FGK changed the title to Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck