Cavaliers Thread: We Don’t Suck Again!

LETSGOBROWNIES

10 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

I feel like nobody is calling for Altman's head. I cannot believe we are this bad and also this devoid of cap space.

@buno67, I guess I just hate the way our roster is constructed. We have a bunch of overpaid veterans past their prime and a logjam at certain positions. And in addition to being logjammed at certain positions, we are completely devoid of talent at other spots.

We tried to become the Portland Trail Blazers. That's not a great model to strive for. We need to play like the Spurs. Get size and defensive-minded players and a coach that can scheme together baskets. That's really the only way we're going to be successful given the lack of a market we have.

What’s wrong with being the Blazers? They had the same issues with the Cavs, Golden State came out of no where became one of the greatest dynasties ever in the NBA. If it wasn’t for that team. Cavs win more titles and Blazers prolly get a finals appearance or two out of that run 

8 minutes ago, buno67 said:

What’s wrong with being the Blazers? They had the same issues with the Cavs, Golden State came out of no where became one of the greatest dynasties ever in the NBA. If it wasn’t for that team. Cavs win more titles and Blazers prolly get a finals appearance or two out of that run 

Yep just stay in the race as long as possible. No way Toronto would have won last year if they tore it down after lebron killed them year after year. Just keep going and hope you catch a break or can make a bigger move. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, buno67 said:

The Portland Trail Blazers are 10-16 right now.

And let's not kid ourselves. This team would be a knockoff of the Portland team. Lillard is about 5x better than Sexton and McCollum is about 13x better than Garland.

And that's without hindsight. Lillard and McCollum were superior prospects.

26 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

The Portland Trail Blazers are 10-16 right now.

And let's not kid ourselves. This team would be a knockoff of the Portland team. Lillard is about 5x better than Sexton and McCollum is about 13x better than Garland.

And that's without hindsight. Lillard and McCollum were superior prospects.

Well I don’t think they meant they wanted to be the current Blazers but use the model the blazers had when they built that team up

I could see Garland being very comparable to CJ. Garland is a by far better prospect compared to CJ tho. CJ played 3-4yrs in college. Garland played 5 games. We just need to find a legit PG. Sexton has amazing work ethic but I don’t think he has the pure ability/special talent. Only thing he had is elite work ethic but that won’t cut it in the NBA. Right. Would like to see a 3 guard lineup of Garland Sexton and KPJ used soon

Edited by buno67

9 minutes ago, buno67 said:

I actually wouldnt mind if the Cavs draft LaMelo Ball. He at least brings great playmaking ability to the 1 and brings size and length to the back court 

Moves would have to be made but yeah I agree. You can’t have LaMelo Sexton and garland. Not enough balls to go around and Sexton/garland can’t defend anyone but 1s. Would have to go trade them for wings. 

5 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Moves would have to be made but yeah I agree. You can’t have LaMelo Sexton and garland. Not enough balls to go around and Sexton/garland can’t defend anyone but 1s. Would have to go trade them for wings. 

A pairing of Ball and KPJ might be a nice combo. You might want to keep Sexton and make him the guard off the bench than

1 hour ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Maybe but I’m not sure he’d accept that. Could become a problem. And it would become expensive in a few years. 

why would it be a problem, he really isn’t playing well as a starter. KPJ deserves to be playing over him at the 2 at the moment. 

also it prolly be better for him. Have him come off the bench and tell him to just score

Edited by buno67

9 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

We don’t need the Hollywood nonsense that comes with having Ball, even if he can play. Sad that a dad can make GMs ponder the same.

We Havent heard a single thing about Lonzo Ball and his dad in NO. Sorry, not gonna pass up top tier talent because a dude has a loud mouth father. Also, how will that hurt the Cavs? It will still be less hollywood nonsense than when James was here. Also Ball, played for a prep school in Geneva, where I literally live like 2miles from, they never caused issues in the area or around the team. The only issues they had was opposing teams cancelled games vs the team cause they were worried about the fact LaMelo played pro basketball overseas could threaten their eligibility under their state federations, because the prep school competed outside the jurisdiction of the Ohio High School Athletic Association

On 12/17/2019 at 8:55 AM, Bonanza23 said:

I’m convinced the best starting backcourt of the future is Garland and Porter Jr.  Sexton needs to be that gifted 6th man that provides instant scoring. Now we need a good big and defensive wings. 

Agree with this overall. I mean, if BY FAR the BPA next year is a PG, then you move somebody and take him. But otherwise, we are gonna need some seeeerious help at the 3-5 assuming we move Love and Thompson at some point this year. It's gonna be an UGLY rebuild for at least one more year I have to think.

• Like 1